Post-Game Talk: 4/2 | Gladatorial Games: Bruins vs. Senators II - Bruins win 3-2!!

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Actually there have been many reports on this from several doctors that say this is not the case. Once you have fully recovered from a concussion, you are no more or less susceptible to another one than anyone else.

to support this all of bergys concussions in the past have been reported to be "unrelated" which would help to say that it is not the same concussion coming to the surface every time.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
tony, like bergeron, never takes a post off. gold.

Aggravates the hell out of me.

We get freakin Jagr. Jagr!!! Literally JAGR!!!! After watching Horton slow down that line all year; fumble pucks, scoring chances, can't skate, can't battle, adds literally NOTHING to that line other than the ability to pick up garbage. Then? He goes on a streak, still garbage, but they're goals.

Terrified of watching LKH in the playoffs.

Love Claude. Full respect. But when it comes to balancing his lines sometimes, or changing things up when it's crystal it's not working. I picture rainman counting on his fingers and pacing.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
First, you don't have a clue as to what I have done or not done in my life, so you are talking out of your butt.

Second, it doesn't take NHL experience to see that the hit was not out of the ordinary and not likely to cause an injury.

Third, and most important, if you have a problem with me, send me a PM. I will be happy to discuss my sports and business history with you.

Uh huh.

As if you've ever been near a contact sport.

Head board doesn't count.

I could never be a mod.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
First, you don't have a clue as to what I have done or not done in my life, so you are talking out of your butt.

Second, it doesn't take NHL experience to see that the hit was not out of the ordinary and not likely to cause an injury.

Third, and most important, if you have a problem with me, send me a PM. I will be happy to discuss my sports and business history with you.

not worth it

Last edited:

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Though Julien had no update on Bergeron and wouldn’t talk about the prospect of playing without him, Bruins teammates expressed concern for the reigning Selke winner.

“I haven’t talked to him yet, but we all know what kind of guy and what kind of player he is,†David Krejci said. “We don’t have to talk about it. It sucks, but I hope it’s nothing serious and he’s going to be back in the lineup soon.€

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.

Nice win but I hope Bergy is OK. I haven't seen or heard much of an update ?

Bergy left the ice own his own power and did not look shakey as he went down the tunnel. I hope they kept him out just to be sure he is OK.

I was worried about Dougie too . He returned and went out on he ice but he wasn't feeling good and was quick to the room right after the game. When he was on the bench he had his face scrunched up like he had a headache.

Some of the fans were happy about the Jagr pick up but a few are not pleased. I hope he helps the pp.

Dobby looking pretty good out there. Looch had a great game...Seggy too.

Let's all hope for the best for Bergy.

The boys looked pretty bad without hair. :)

Good night B's fans.

Last edited:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Just in from the game.

Bergy left the ice own his own power and did not look shakey as he went down the tunnel. I hope they kept him out just to be sure he is OK.

I was worried about Dougie too . He returned and went out on he ice but he wasn't feeling good and was quick to the room right after he game. When he was on the bench he had his face scrunched up like he had a headache.

Some of the fans were happy about the Jagr pick up but a few are not pleased. I hope he helps the pp.

Good night B's fans.

Ladyfan, they didn't show him going down the runway. How did he look compared to the Giroux hit in the playoffs 2 years ago??

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Just in from the game.

I was worried about Dougie too . He returned and went out on he ice but he wasn't feeling good and was quick to the room right after he game. When he was on the bench he had his face scrunched up like he had a headache.

Good night B's fans.

This is why I like ladyfan's updates. I saw what happened at the game but am nowhere near close to the bench. :laugh:

Everyone around us seemed pretty happy about the Jagr pickup, but I suppose that doesn't mean anything.

Pretty frenetic game at times. Seemed like Seguin was just dumping shots all over the net. Nice to see.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Just in from the game.

Good night B's fans.

I think they look very different. Krejci really looks different.

I hope Bergeron is okay and Dougie as well. The TV crew mostly showed him smiling on the bench, but I guess that didn't tell the whole story.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
anyway, back to my original post.

Kudos for Khudo once again. The kid just looks comfortable and solid.

Bad night overall if you're a Bruins fan. Hope 37 is ok.

The PK sorely misses Kelly at this point, and i don't want to think about what it will look like if Bergy is gone for a long period.

Fingers crossed.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ladyfan, they didn't show him going down the runway. How did he look compared to the Giroux hit in the playoffs 2 years ago??

After the Giroux hit Bergy bounced off the tunnel wall and almost fell...broke my heart.

Tonight he did stop halfway down the tunnel...they pulled the curtain but you could see his skates/ feet. ...then he went to the room. Bergy did not look shakey and I hope they are just holding him out to be safe.

I haven't heard any news...anyone ???

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Still don't like Horton even though he is "clutch" and has scored a few goals recently. He seems to float around and make mistakes.

Defense looked really shaky

Hopefully Bergy is ok we need him

Hopefully the future lines are

Lucic DK Jagr
MBS
Dogman Pevs Horty
Merlot

Tomorrow Streit or Whitney?

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
anyway, back to my original post.

Kudos for Khudo once again. The kid just looks comfortable and solid.

Bad night overall if you're a Bruins fan. Hope 37 is ok.

The PK sorely misses Kelly at this point, and i don't want to think about what it will look like if Bergy is gone for a long period.

Fingers crossed.

Love Dobby but his rebounds will give me a heart attack at some point.

BudMovin*

Anyone have a video of Dougie's hit? He is going to be a monster once he fills out.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just in from the game.

Good night B's fans.

Thanks Ladyfan, I thought Bergy had his wits about him too, but to me it looked like he either jammed his neck, or might have been pulled as a precaution in case of a mild concussion...hope he's not hurt too bad.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Still don't like Horton even though he is "clutch" and has scored a few goals recently. He seems to float around and make mistakes.

Defense looked really shaky

Hopefully Bergy is ok we need him

Hopefully the future lines are

Lucic DK Jagr
MBS
Dogman Pevs Horty
Merlot

Tomorrow Streit or Whitney?

Whitney ;)

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Anyone have a video of Dougie's hit? He is going to be a monster once he fills out.

It wasn't really a "hit" in the classic sense. He was trying to make a solid defensive play (which he did) and he sort of unexpectedly found himself body on body. He wasn't exactly ready for the contact and that's why it surprised him and took the wind out of him.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
After the Giroux hit Bergy bounced off the tunnel wall and almost fell...broke my heart.

Tonight he did stop halfway down the tunnel...they pulled the curtain but you could see his skates/ feet. ...then he went to the room. Bergy did not look shakey and I hope they are just holding him out to be safe.

I haven't heard any news...anyone ???

i'd like to say "well that's good", but if it's his head then you never know. thanks for the detailed breakdown.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: