Post-Game Talk: 4/2 | Gladatorial Games: Bruins vs. Senators II - Bruins win 3-2!!

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
They seem to be very cautious when it comes to Bergeron and head injuries (with good reason). If that helmet contact is what cause him to skate off the ice in anger, I expect him to take at least a couple weeks off. Even if it's just to evaluate any possible symptoms. There's absolutely nothing to play for right now.

Hoping for better news though.

Lucic is such a beast when he moves his feet. The only defenseman in the league who's big and strong enough to physically contain him just happens to be playing for the Bruins. I really wish he could bring that combination of energy and focus every night.

Seguin could/should have had 5 or 6 goals.

Great game.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
i'd like to say "well that's good", but if it's his head then you never know. thanks for the detailed breakdown.

You do never know and I hope they give us a positive report soon.

Bergy is so very important to the B's in so many ways.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No way. Whitney.

Streit and Jagr on the same Powerplay?? Yes, please, and thank you!

Streit might not be going anywhere though. Isles in a playoff spot right now.

That is why I said Whitney. Who knows. Peter C. may pull off something that no one expects.

Wideman is returning !!!! Just kidding. I do Like Wides though.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
That is why I said Whitney. Who knows. Peter C. may pull off something that no one expects.

Wideman is returning !!!! Just kidding. I do Like Wides though.

I wouldn't mind Whitney, for the record, I was just saying in regards to Streit, or a comparison for that matter.

Ladyfan you are one of the most unoffensive posters on here. Thank you for making my job easy.:)

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wouldn't mind Whitney, for the record, I was just saying in regards to Streit, or a comparison for that matter.

Ladyfan you are one of the most unoffensive posters on here. Thank you for making my job easy.:)

WOW thanks ! :) There are a couple of posters that wouldn't agree with you but they
are not important so who cares ? :)

I come to the HF boards for hockey info and fun. There have been a few times when it hasn't been much fun but I have learned to ignore the very few posters who annoy me.;)

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
No way. Whitney.

Streit and Jagr on the same Powerplay?? Yes, please, and thank you!

Streit might not be going anywhere though. Isles in a playoff spot right now.

Yeah I doubt he gets moved, but this gives me hope

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419674

The price would probably have to include a roster player and a prospect. Maybe they decided Lubo was their guy for the future

774EVER

& Now 374EVER

Saying on Hockeycentral that Whitney might not be going anywhere either. Mentioned that he might be too valuable to Edm now that there is still a chance at the playoffs.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think they look very different. Krejci really looks different.

I hope Bergeron is okay and Dougie as well. The TV crew mostly showed him smiling on the bench, but I guess that didn't tell the whole story.

Dougie's new thing is he comes out and sits on the bench before the pre game skate. He has shorts on and is pretty skinny. He has done this a couple times of late.

Some fans asked who he was tonight (he had his new haircut :laugh:) and one fan didn't believe me when I said it was Dougie.

What is the word on Quaider ?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They just showed the hit on Bergeron about 5 or 6 times and it looked really innocent. I'm no expert, but it looked like Greening caught him lower down near the jaw/neck area. It really looked like he might have just tweaked something in the neck area more than a concussion? I'm hoping that's what it is.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I agree. I keep watching the play over and it just looks so...light. I know with Bergy's history you have to be careful. But it doesn't look bad on the surface. Hoping its a minor thing if anything. If we cab escape without a concussion, we should be okay.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
The Bergeron injury kind of ruins my excitement for the Jagr signing. Seems like it should be nothing too serious but you can't predict anything with concussions.

I'm pretty shocked these two teams managed to have an exciting game. They must have kicked it up a gear to impress their GM's before the deadline. Ottawa would probably be leading the division if they weren't so devastated by injuries. Impressed by them every game.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
You guys completely own us, it's like a foregone conclusion in any Sens/Bruins game that the Bruins will just win, even if we out shoot you 80-4.. You'll still win.. :(

NotedToughGuyDKrejci

Aug 7, 2004
LA, CA
Another very good start from Khudobin!

What are Jeff Penner and Mikko Lehtonen up to tonight? Oh, UFA and KHL.

Props to Chiarelli for another of his "minor league deals" that ends up paying dividends for Boston. Khudobin, Boychuk, McQuaid... Keep it up!

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
If you wonder why the Bruins were not in the right mindset,lately, look at this bullcrap displayed by Lucic, last night:

" I think the main thing for the three of us is I think we’ve got our confidence back,” Lucic said. “It’s more of a positive frame of mind. When things weren’t going so well, we were kind of getting down on ourselves and down on each other. It was a lot of negativity between the three of us "

Are you KIDDING ME. This is amateur stuff. Stop the excuses and work hard. That's what you need to do. :help:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
If you wonder why the Bruins were not in the right mindset,lately, look at this bullcrap displayed by Lucic, last night:

" I think the main thing for the three of us is I think we’ve got our confidence back,†Lucic said. “It’s more of a positive frame of mind. When things weren’t going so well, we were kind of getting down on ourselves and down on each other. It was a lot of negativity between the three of us "

Are you KIDDING ME. This is amateur stuff. Stop the excuses and work hard. That's what you need to do. :help:

It may be bullcrap you want them to stop, but I am also not surprised. When things aren't going well in sports, teammates will often start griping at each other.

You want the players to be grown ups and get over it, but they are human and I kind of think that answer is an honest one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad