GDT: 4/19/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Detroit [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Hate being reminded of how close we came that year.
I know it sucks but it is what it is. That one hurt more than last years. I shrugged that one off quick and didn't have a sinking feeling. The 2011 one I did, for days. It was awful. I was so invested in that series as a fan, we all were. It was so painful as a fan losing the way we did and seeing the Bruins walk the Canucks.
Agreed, truly an underdog story that year, I mean last year we came in with ECF expectations at the minimum.

But sweeping the caps in 2011 was magic.

Yup. That first round was all heart from MSL. I remember Brewer came in and got the gwg? in one of those games and he did well. Gagne was good. Malone and his breakaway slap shot against the pens. The sweep and then Tim ****ing Thomas with some of the most impressive saves I've ever seen robbed us. That Downie miss. Gah. Luckily this franchise was saved and has been and is heading in the right direction. We will win another cup soon.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I know it sucks but it is what it is. That one hurt more than last years. I shrugged that one off quick and didn't have a sinking feeling. The 2011 one I did, for days. It was awful. I was so invested in that series as a fan, we all were. It was so painful as a fan losing the way we did and seeing the Bruins walk the Canucks.

Yup. That first round was all heart from MSL. I remember Brewer came in and got the gwg? in one of those games and he did well. Gagne was good. Malone and his breakaway slap shot against the pens. The sweep and then Tim ****ing Thomas with some of the most impressive saves I've ever seen robbed us. That Downie miss. Gah. Luckily this franchise was saved and has been and is heading in the right direction. We will win another cup soon.

That Power Play though...

That was neutered in game 7... God, that still makes me mad.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Actually, most of us just wanted to get past the first round last year. No one really thought we would be making a Cup run.
I think that our expectation was the ECF but we were just relieved to get past the first round. We were so nervous about possibly losing again that our "expectations" were to get knocked out and be disappointed but in reality we had a team that could have gotten further, to the ECF, and we did just that and beyond.
I've had very long conversations with my friends about that team. Probably our second best team we've put together for the playoffs.
Same here. It was constructed beautifully. It had all the pieces we needed and Boucher lit the fire under their ass. That line of Moore, Bergy and Downie saved our bacon two games in a row with that behind the net reverse goal. Purcell, MSL, Vinny, etc were money on the PP. It looked like vintage Marty and vinny, Vinny especially, that run. The more I think about it, the more I miss Kubina.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Let's close it on Thursday and get the "rest and get healthy" advantage over NYI/Cats.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
That was a very one sided 7 game series. Every game in Boston was a rout and every game in Vancouver until game 7 was a 1 goal game.

Exactly. There were a couple they won where they shouldn't have. Canucks weren't even 2nd best that year. They almost pulled off the luckiest cup win I've ever witnessed in watching hockey. Bruins couldve finished them much sooner.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Wow, I had high hopes. :laugh:

But still, to say ECF "at the minimum" is definitely not correct. Most of us were not expecting to make it to the Finals.

Still kind of salty about last year regardless. To Make it that far and be within spitting distance of raising another Cup just rips your heart out.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Still kind of salty about last year regardless. To Make it that far and be within spitting distance of raising another Cup just rips your heart out.

Last year was worse then 2011 by far being up 2-1 in the series I really felt like we had the cup to come so close broke my heart

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Last year was worse then 2011 by far being up 2-1 in the series I really felt like we had the cup to come so close broke my heart

This team can run. I just don't think they can beat Washington but it could be a series. Even if we end up short in the ECF... I'll consider it a good year minus $ bags

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Still think that if the triplets were ok they would have won the cup. Either way we will never know. :cry:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssssssssssssss

i forgot did you all notice ?????? kucherov and drouin off faceoffs set plays?
right on the net?????

when have we done that two times in a game?

give some credit to cooper there

something i def didnt see coming been hoping all year to see plays like that but itsssssssssssssssssss happpppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnninggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I just love that we have players who steps up when it really matters, to know that they will deliver in playoffs is a true blessing!

As many said, now we have to kill it, some additional rest would do us good but need to finish this now, I hope they won't drop intensity now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad