GDT: 4/19/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Detroit [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Slowly? I'm the most impressed as I've ever been with a young player. To think that just a couple weeks ago he was still sulking on his mom's couch eating chips and watching TV (maybe). His game is not flawless (-2 tonight) but he has been one of our most dominant players in every game since he was re-called from Syracuse. Tonight's performance caps it all off, 2nd star of the game, 3 assists and a big reason why we got the W.

Agreed. Apparently Stammer or someone had a talk with him and here is how it went:

Pssst...Kid, guess what? They will build a statue for you in Tampa if you win 3 or 4 cups for them.

And name streets.

Women will throw their bodies at you even if you are not old enough to drink. (allegedly)

:D

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Blocking shots in key moments, making huge hits to knock a star player on his ass and break up a play, screening the goalie that leads to a goal, taking control of the PK and creating offensive chances, winning face offs, saving goals from going into the net.....

All these go unnoticed because they don't show up on the scoresheet. Cally and Flip, are likely the best PK'ers in the league right now. It is not just this series, but this entire season they have been excellent.

Cally's been okay. Yeah, he's made some big-time blocks, but he has, by and large, been invisible. Right now, he's bringing most of his value on the PK, but that's kind of it.

That can't be said for Flip. He's been really steady, really visible, making a lot of solid plays.

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
Goes from something like a month on his mom's couch, to Syracuse, to playing his 7th NHL playoff game. And occasionally dominates.

We have to smooth this situation over. Especially considering how unlikely it is that we'll get full value for him.

I don't see us trading him now, and I can't imagine why he would still want to be traded anyway. That would be nutty on all levels.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cally's been okay. Yeah, he's made some big-time blocks, but he has, by and large, been invisible. Right now, he's bringing most of his value on the PK, but that's kind of it.

That can't be said for Flip. He's been really steady, really visible, making a lot of solid plays.

He has no chemistry with Paquette and that is one of the issues. But he has not been invisbible had a tremendous game 2 and was good tonight keeping the forecheck going.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Drouin has been so damn good since he came back.. He just needs someone to score from those passes.. This would be so great if Stamkos would be healthy, then we could prolly have 2 scoring lines instead 1. Also Filppula goddamnit! Always proving his worth in the playoffs.

After the Drama and crap that went on earlier in the Year it gave me a very poor view of him but he is turning it around.

I like this positivity

Absolutely, he made a mistake and has put it behind him, i can too.

Yep. It was the same in game 3. And Detroit's commentators said the game was sold out:shakehead

Goes from something like a month on his mom's couch, to Syracuse, to playing his 7th NHL playoff game. And occasionally dominates.
We have to smooth this situation over. Especially considering how unlikely it is that we'll get full value for him.

first bolt vinny the pooh there are 7000 corporate seats always sold out when i was there i could buy them on the cheap lol get into any game back in day knew dj's etc..

anyway ya they sell out lol is always that way very funny

who is drouin worth im unsure would want anyone less than subban or karlsson to consider moving this kid at this time

hes got skills ive not seen in forever seriously forever the kid is unreal special

i love kucherov but the stuff i see with drouin is like wow I might have a new favorite all time player

unreal

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He has no chemistry with Paquette and that is one of the issues. But he has not been invisbible had a tremendous game 2.

And that's an excuse. Cally's playing nearly 18 minutes per game, but it feels like he's playing 6-7. He's really not performing at a level higher than middle of the pack right now. He's been about our 10th best player, if that, which he gets because of some great late game blocks. But most of the game, it's like he's not even there.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
12998693_10204933505532089_9134978145091065980_n.jpg

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
Woohoooo! Let's end this Thursday.
Love this story for 27. He's rested and has had plenty of Cheetos. Kid could end up working out.
Let's Go Bolts!!

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Lol, that reminds me of the 2011 playoffs, vs the Caps. Vinny scored a (OT?) goal, and a Caps fan got up and started giving him the double middle fingers.

And it was featured in like every playoff commercial afterward.

I remember that game 4, o.t. winning and series ending goal.

Duster Crossbars

Jan 30, 2016
Winter Park, FL
Can we please see Drouin and Kucherov plastered on a line together at even strength?

We can now afford to do this, and wind up paying accordingly for the results, if we don't resign Stamkos.

Drouin's passing was unreal tonight. Not only on the goals. There was one play where he skated down the right wing and dropped a slow pass to the blue line just in time for the late trailer to take it onside. Elite vision.

Stay with the Lightning, Jo. We need you. You will be a fan favorite. The few blockheads on this board who didn't like your physical appearance as a 19 year-old will eventually see how you look like a brother to Mario Lemieux and Kevin Jonas.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Gosh that 2011 team was such a great team. One goal away from getting our 2nd cup. I have no doubt if we beat Boston we would've beaten Vancouver. That was such a fun year with Malone, Gagne, Jones, Kubina, Bergy, Downie, Roloson, Vinny, MSL ,etc. What memories. Last year was great too but that 2011 team is behind the 2004 team imo.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Gosh that 2011 team was such a great team. One goal away from getting our 2nd cup. I have no doubt if we beat Boston we would've beaten Vancouver. That was such a fun year with Malone, Gagne, Jones, Kubina, Bergy, Downie, Roloson, Vinny, MSL ,etc. What memories. Last year was great too but that 2011 team is behind the 2004 team imo.

Hate being reminded of how close we came that year.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Agreed, truly an underdog story that year, I mean last year we came in with ECF expectations at the minimum.

But sweeping the caps in 2011 was magic.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Agreed, truly an underdog story that year, I mean last year we came in with ECF expectations at the minimum.

But sweeping the caps in 2011 was magic.

Actually, most of us just wanted to get past the first round last year. No one really thought we would be making a Cup run.

Its a Bolts Life

Jan 29, 2015

I've had very long conversations with my friends about that team. Probably our second best team we've put together for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad