cwp9hVP.png

RpxbKO1.png

mPd8v0S.png

GVlT0BZ.png

9M8naQp.png

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
As I've said on the main boards (oops) I'm eagier to see Cooper's adjustments. We have to find a way to get either Johnson or Kucherov on the ice when Glendening's line is not. I wouldn't be against something like 27-51-86 and 18-9-17 to start and then see where it goes.

Or to put it more simple: We just have to find ways to put pucks on net and score. 16 shots (7 in the last two periods) is just not enough (I'll refrain from using stronger words here). Except for Boyle's goal we haven't seen any scoring from any other line than our 1st line. Can't count Drouin to Hedman so... Get 'er done boys!

Go :bolts!!!!!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
As I've said on the main boards (oops) I'm eagier to see Cooper's adjustments. We have to find a way to get either Johnson or Kucherov on the ice when Glendening's line is not. I wouldn't be against something like 27-51-86 and 18-9-17 to start and then see where it goes.

Or to put it more simple: We just have to find ways to put pucks on net and score. 16 shots (7 in the last two periods) is just not enough (I'll refrain from using stronger words here). Except for Boyle's goal we haven't seen any scoring from any other line than our 1st line. Can't count Drouin to Hedman so... Get 'er done boys!

Go :bolts!!!!!

first this bolded BS the largest pile of BLANK in the history of BLANK

todays game has nothing to do with adjustments last game had nothing to do with adjustments and i hope i dont get an infraction but jesus we always need a culprit we always need things to be black and white SPORTS ARE NOT BLACK AND WHITE THAT IS WHY THE PLAY THE DAMMED GAME PERIOD You are one of my favorite people

last game had nothing to do with anything more than shoddy refs and being flat

we bounce back we stomp a mudhole in their candy azzes the way we hoped for a sweep but as i guessed it didnt happen i told this to todd he can verify this is our team

i have no answers maybe on road trip do a practice full on travel day /?? skip practice on game day?

something has to change in the future this is basically three years running our worst games are always in the same scenario

good news we will win dominate probably and it will all be overlooked again till the next time

dont buy into the glendening he did a lot the first two games right? they got him out there howd that work out

jeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz its habitual offenders our team first road game yep they can be painful but hey we are

resilient for sure one of the most resilient teams ever wish was different we would just dominate like we should 24/7 but we aint gonna get that with this team

so you have a pile of turd?

you pick it up throw it out and move on

yep we got this game we own this its only going 5

Last edited:

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please score some goals.

Off topic but whose wife works with mine?

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Should start a plan to score some short handed goals. That way we get the last laugh, but then if the NHL biased refs really want to hurt us they will give us a lot of PP's. We only seem to score on 5 on 3's anyway so they will make sure not to call another penalty while we are on the PP.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
first this bolded BS the largest pile of BLANK in the history of BLANK

todays game has nothing to do with adjustments last game had nothing to do with adjustments and i hope i dont get an infraction but jesus we always need a culprit we always need things to be black and white SPORTS ARE NOT BLACK AND WHITE THAT IS WHY THE PLAY THE DAMMED GAME PERIOD You are one of my favorite people

last game had nothing to do with anything more than shoddy refs and being flat

we bounce back we stomp a mudhole in their candy azzes the way we hoped for a sweep but as i guessed it didnt happen i told this to todd he can verify this is our team

i have no answers maybe on road trip do a practice full on travel day /?? skip practice on game day?

something has to change in the future this is basically three years running our worst games are always in the same scenario

good news we will win dominate probably and it will all be overlooked again till the next time

dont buy into the glendening he did a lot the first two games right? they got him out there howd that work out

jeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz its habitual offenders our team first road game yep they can be painful but hey we are

resilient for sure one of the most resilient teams ever wish was different we would just dominate like we should 24/7 but we aint gonna get that with this team

so you have a pile of turd?

you pick it up throw it out and move on

yep we got this game we own this its only going 5
You seem agitated, relax brother.

This is not about scapegoats or culprits. Of course the reffing was bad. There is a reason why I keep (half jokingly) calling them the Detroit Ref Wings. And I am not (solely) blaming Cooper because this was not only a matter of lines and gameplan but also team effort and will power. You said it yourself, we were flat. But the biggest facter was that Detroit did adjust and elevate their game. So now it's our turn to react to that. To up the ante.

When your first line (17-9-86) is held without a single SOG for an entire game, which is the first game without last change, you can't argue that away with "well that was a stinker, let's move on". Glendening (0 points) was named 1st star of the game for a reason: Johnson had the most TOI of all Lightning forwards (19:43 with 3:45 on the PP (1st on the team) and 2:33 on the PK). He and Kucherov (15:56 TOI, 3:16 PP), Killer (17:00, 1:38), Palat (18:06, 2:07) all had zero shots. Zero.

Detroit successfully eleminated our 1st line. Yes, we had to kill off 7 Detroit powerplays. But we also had 3 PPs of our own. In the 2nd period we had 2 PKs and 1 PP, yet we had measly 3 SOG in the entire period. Three. In the 3rd Detroit had 3 PPs, we had 2. Yet we had measly 4 SOG in the 3rd. Call it adjustments, reaction, counterplay, whatever, something has to happen. And this concerns the coaching staff as well as - and most importantly the players.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Vitally important game, because tonight's winner is likelier to win the series, I suspect. It's way too dangerous to go on the road up 2-0 and come back 2-2; deflating, really, especially if tonight goes in any way like Sunday night did. Have to be able to make some adjustments and take advantage of Detroit's aggressiveness, both on the forecheck and in net. Lightning looked overwhelmed and out of answers on Sunday night. Need a better gameplan and backup plan.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You seem agitated, relax brother.

This is not about scapegoats or culprits. Of course the reffing was bad. There is a reason why I keep (half jokingly) calling them the Detroit Ref Wings. And I am not (solely) blaming Cooper because this was not only a matter of lines and gameplan but also team effort and will power. You said it yourself, we were flat. But the biggest facter was that Detroit did adjust and elevate their game. So now it's our turn to react to that. To up the ante.

When your first line (17-9-86) is held without a single SOG for an entire game, which is the first game without last change, you can't argue that away with "well that was a stinker, let's move on". Glendening (0 points) was named 1st star of the game for a reason: Johnson had the most TOI of all Lightning forwards (19:43 with 3:45 on the PP (1st on the team) and 2:33 on the PK). He and Kucherov (15:56 TOI, 3:16 PP), Killer (17:00, 1:38), Palat (18:06, 2:07) all had zero shots. Zero.

Detroit successfully eleminated our 1st line. Yes, we had to kill off 7 Detroit powerplays. But we also had 3 PPs of our own. In the 2nd period we had 2 PKs and 1 PP, yet we had measly 3 SOG in the entire period. Three. In the 3rd Detroit had 3 PPs, we had 2. Yet we had measly 4 SOG in the 3rd. Call it adjustments, reaction, counterplay, whatever, something has to happen. And this concerns the coaching staff as well as - and most importantly the players.

i figure ive watched of our board most detroit and/or tampa games fairly as anyone:) i honestly know in my mind and heart that was a throw away game plain and simple i can name these types of games go back to game days over and over and over same story

so yes im not worried in the least honestly throw all the stats out the window

also i believe in a theory that refs want to go at least one extra game for every series not two like nba which really will do anything to hit 7 in ever series but to get that 5th game

so i expected this game I told todd I was right again unfortunately hell yes im mad as a hornet

mad that this team is this way maddddd that got to listen to detroit fans on what i consider horse dung lol because we just do not do it night in night out and always that first big game after a couple homers? the one on the road? history says we will stink it up

worst games ever are this scenario now get to listen to ohhh blaishell outcoached cooper detroit is gonna win the series now tampa is a joke every person comes out of the woodwork where we should honestly have buried them lol

but that is not this team nope got to give some hope before dashing it at the end:)

im pretty sure this is over in 5 is no reason not to be watching detroit all year makes me say this game was simple blip on screen we come back and not just wing we make a statement win and than close it out thursday or friday? not sure when or where that 5th game is lol tv doesnt have it right yet:)

anyway that is why i hear it and hear it and hear it?? disgusting the same fans all year detroit is just a joke but now they won a game got to listen to nonsense smdh :help:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Key tonight will be how we play around their net, we need to crash their net and spend more time around it like they did to ours, we can't have 17 shots from angles where their goalie could see it coming from miles away.

I hope the team come out ready and that everyone works hard in both ends of the ice. It won't be easy though but we need to get back to playing our game and make it harder for them even without last change since this is becoming pretty much a must win for us.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Would love to see us find a way to pair 27 with 86. If the wings continue to focus hard on Johnson, they'd get killed by Kuch.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Breaking news guys!

Abdelkader's scraped pinky finger is REALLY bothering him. His status is questionable for tonight and it's likely he'll have to tape up his boo boo extra special.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Would love to see us find a way to pair 27 with 86. If the wings continue to focus hard on Johnson, they'd get killed by Kuch.

Yea we need to have another dangerous line to score. Which we haven't had. I'd like to see:

Palat Johnson Namestnikov

Drouin filppula Kucherov

Killorn Paquette Callahan

Condra Boyle Blunden

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
17-27-86 ?

I've been all about the Drouin-At-Center train, but Zettler moved Drouin back to the wing because there was something he didn't like about Drouin playing center, so I don't see it happening. I think 27-90-86 could be pretty dynamic.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yea we need to have another dangerous line to score. Which we haven't had. I'd like to see:

Palat Johnson Namestnikov

Drouin filppula Kucherov

Killorn Paquette Callahan

Condra Boyle Blunden

I think I'd like:

Palat - Johnson - Killorn
Drouin - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Marchessault - Filppula - Callahan
Paquette - Boyle - Blunden

Although I think our 4th line got exposed pretty badly last game for its lack of speed, even with Condra there. Marchessault and Killorn would be interchangeable with these lines.

Whatever we do, I feel like Detroit is going to target Johnson, so we could be a little stealthy with 27-86. I don't see this happening, mind you (and I don't think it's a mistake to stick with 17-9-86, given how insanely good they were in the first two games), but I like the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad