GDT: 4/18/18 - 7:30PM EDT - #1AT Tampa Bay @ #2WC New Jersey [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Ridiculous comment. McCauley and Peel two of the best. If you've never done it, you have no idea.

giphy.gif

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I didn't say just this board, I said boards like this one. Yes, all of the know-nothings out there who've never done it or even been close to it don't like Peel because he's a by the book official and they only see the calls that go against their team, but he never gets rattled and calls the same game all the time. That's all you can ask.

giphy.gif

He needs to throw away the book where getting shoved into a netminder is GI

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
He might be a good ref but he blew 2 calls tonight which could have been critical in this game. The holding on Kuch was a bad call and the goal interference on Point was also a bad call.
I guess you missed Kunitz hold on Hall in the first and on and on. There is nothing easier than dissecting missed calls. Like I said, until you've done it, you don't have a clue.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
We STILL need new refs, I can’t take these clowns.
I really hope we get a different group for the next series.

Refs were fine tonight. A couple bad calls in the middle of the 2nd. A few missed calls. Oh well. That happens nearly every game. They were TERRIBLE on game 3. It takes away from the argument of bad calls in game 3 if you complain about this game.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really?
I didn't know that :) :)
PS: BEAUTIFUL,AMAZING profile pic you have. I hope for a win this year :)

Lacava lives like an hour and a half to two hours from Manhattan. Grew up a Rangers fan.

And yes, I agree, still three majors to go, and improvements made so far this season, the most important being health.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I always thought Miller's playoff struggles were an anomaly. Last year, he had some hand injury that caused him to struggle late on. And years before that, he was still learning the game. He wasn't that good until the 2016 playoffs, so it makes sense that he had a lot of playoff games where he didn't accumulate points.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
And that's why you never made it past the ECHL pal. You clearly don't know high level talent like I do and Stamkos isn't good enough to be on a team as good as ours.

Honestly, this is bigger than a trade war or WWIII. We have a trolling war brewing.... Hose vs Watson and I can say I'm in Hose' s corner. I didn't think I would ever side with Hose but I am.

I didn't start officiating until I was 39 yrs old, I still made it to pro hockey, more USA Hockey national championships than I can count, NCAA D1, etc. What's on your resume? Skating around in circles at the Sports Forum? Men's C league? The truth hurts, I know.

Lmao. High level hockey? Pro? NCAA? I played 12 years for the Minnesota South Comets, played with Wendell Orr and had big performances in big games. I won so many championships that they renamed the league's trophy in my name. I also went on to play Quadruple A hockey in Afghanistan and played Midget Giant u32 for 5 years as well with Joe Modano and Steve Nash. Your high level hockey is nothing.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Lacava lives like an hour and a half to two hours from Manhattan. Grew up a Rangers fan.

And yes, I agree, still three majors to go, and improvements made so far this season, the most important being health.
If I have to bet 1 dollar, I'll say, more likely we'll see our man win the PGA Championship.
Cause I suppose that Us Open course, in Shinnecock Hills, has not large fairways...the same Carnoustie, also, with lots of wind and bad weather.
But I'm curious to see him at the Players and at The Memorial.
Unfortunately The Memorial...cause it's in the same week of BMW Italian Open...so I think that in Italy there won't come the best players...

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
So, assuming that you kn0w how to skate, kn0w the rules and can set aside your personal allegiances, how many of you believe you could do a better job of officiating than the those who have been chosen to do these games? It's a serious question.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Honestly, this is bigger than a trade war or WWIII. We have a trolling war brewing.... Hose vs Watson and I can say I'm in Hose' s corner. I didn't think I would ever side with Hose but I am.

Lmao. High level hockey? Pro? NCAA? I played 12 years for the Minnesota South Comets, played with Wendell Orr and had big performances in big games. I won so many championships that they renamed the league's trophy in my name. I also went on to play Quadruple A hockey in Afghanistan and played Midget Giant u32 for 5 years as well with Joe Modano and Steve Nash. Your high level hockey is nothing.

It's experience that you don't have, and I'm sure have never come close to.

Reactions: Stamper

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I accidently said I like how the final score was also the series score lol

I always loved how, back in 2010, the Bruins blew a 3-0 series lead to Philadelphia and then blew a 3-0 lead in Game 7, losing both 4-3. It was absolutely perfect and an added bonus in that it was a Boston team blowing a 3-0 series lead.

Reactions: Hoek

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It's experience that you don't have, and I'm sure have never come close to.

I just told you I have 12 years of experience playing for Minnesota and 5 years playing in Afghanistan. I told you on the internet so you must believe me since you cannot verify it. So with that said, you are the one that needs more experience. I have high level experience of having high level experience.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If I have to bet 1 dollar, I'll say, more likely we'll see our man win the PGA Championship.
Cause I suppose that Us Open course, in Shinnecock Hills, has not large fairways...the same Carnoustie, also, with lots of wind and bad weather.
But I'm curious to see him at the Players and at The Memorial.
Unfortunately The Memorial...cause it's in the same week of BMW Italian Open...so I think that in Italy there won't come the best players...

I think he just needs more reps. He was getting close to a win before the Masters. I thought it was a little unrealistic to play his first major since 2013 and expect a win right out of the gate when he hasn't won any pro tournament since 2013. If he can build on the early season form during the stretch coming up, I think he can go into the US Open with a win under his belt from Wells Fargo, Players or Memorial, and then its game on for the three majors.

Anyway, I was warned for an off-topic post here recently, so I'll leave it at that. If you want to talk more golf, in the "general sports" section of this website, we have a thread for golf discussion and then a PGA Tour picks contest. If you have interest in joining in on either of those, you'd surely be welcome.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I think he just needs more reps. He was getting close to a win before the Masters. I thought it was a little unrealistic to play his first major since 2013 and expect a win right out of the gate when he hasn't won any pro tournament since 2013. If he can build on the early season form during the stretch coming up, I think he can go into the US Open with a win under his belt from Wells Fargo, Players or Memorial, and then its game on for the three majors.

Anyway, I was warned for an off-topic post here recently, so I'll leave it at that. If you want to talk more golf, in the "general sports" section of this website, we have a thread for golf discussion and then a PGA Tour picks contest. If you have interest in joining in on either of those, you'd surely be welcome.
Yes, we're OT I think :)
It's better to talk about TW and golf in the right section of this forum :)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln