GDT: 4/18/18 - 7:30PM EDT - #1AT Tampa Bay @ #2WC New Jersey [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Did we win? Why are we arguing about nonsense in here? The officiating was fine tonight. Some borderline calls, but nothing egregious. I'm way more worried about the clueless softies in Toronto throwing shade at Kuch after a big game.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Did we win? Why are we arguing about nonsense in here? The officiating was fine tonight. Some borderline calls, but nothing egregious. I'm way more worried about the clueless softies in Toronto throwing shade at Kuch after a big game.
Crazy ain't it? Its almost like some people come in here only to stir the pot.

Reactions: berlin

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Scott Stevens on nhl network:

"It was a tough one. sami Vatanen, he was turning, and he turned right into the check. Kucherov's coming there. He's going to take this hit any day. As you see right here, Vatanen comes here and he's getting ready to turn to go the other way and Kucherov's on the forecheck and delivers the hit and it's a tough one. When you see right here, he makes contact with his shoulder and it's more about Vatanen turning in to Kucherov. I don't think this is a borderline hit. I think this is just a hit. I mean yeah I played for the Devils but I think this is just Kucherov taking advantage of the hit that's there, Vatanen turns right in his wheelhouse, and he finishes him off. This has been a physical series. We know what the playoffs are all about. This is playoff hockey. I have to give the Tampa Bay Lightning credit. They showed me some different things here in their game. They're engaged, they're physical, they found another gear like J.T. Miller said, and they're getting scoring from a lot of different people. This is the way the Tampa Bay Lightning have to play to move on, especially against a gritty, hard, physical team like the New Jersey Devils. They've answered the bell. They've shown they can play this game different ways"

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Penalties aside, this might have been our best 60 minutes of the series. It stayed close enough so we didn't get sloppy near the end. Just a tough, gritty win.

Kucherov is a machine. On his game or off, he has a knack for creating chances that wind up in the net. I thought this was his best game of the series. I also doubt he gets suspended. I haven't been given the HF All Angle Analysis yet, but it looked to me like he got a lot of shoulder before the head.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I just told you I have 12 years of experience playing for Minnesota and 5 years playing in Afghanistan. I told you on the internet so you must believe me since you cannot verify it. So with that said, you are the one that needs more experience. I have high level experience of having high level experience.

Almost shot coffee through my nose reading that :laugh:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Penalties aside, this might have been our best 60 minutes of the series. It stayed close enough so we didn't get sloppy near the end. Just a tough, gritty win.

Kucherov is a machine. On his game or off, he has a knack for creating chances that wind up in the net. I thought this was his best game of the series. I also doubt he gets suspended. I haven't been given the HF All Angle Analysis yet, but it looked to me like he got a lot of shoulder before the head.
Yep. That was an experienced win. Didn't panic, didn't press too hard for another goal. We just let the game come to us, and figured out a way to handle it all. I only wish that watching it had been that easy.

The HF boards are split on the Kuch hit in a predictable way. But some people are simply inventing things to be seen. I'm not convinced Kuch caught much, if any, of Vatanen's head at all. Looked to me like Vatanen had just enough time to start flinching away. I honestly think that the line the NHL wants to draw runs directly between Kuch's hit and Doughty's hit. Doughty caught the head square, even if he grazed the shoulder first. Kuch made solid, primary contact with the arm/torso first.

And Kuch was a beast tonight. Don't really buy into the stereotype stuff, but our Russian just had himself a heck of a North American game. I bet Don Cherry's head exploded.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018

Would have been cool to have Conacher here too but hopefully that'll come sooner or later. Think Cally can rest more if he needs to.
Keep exploiting their poor coverage while we focus on our own D!!

Reactions: BucsNBolts

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Man Kuch using a yellow stick and the way he recieves the puck so softly he looks a lot like MSL, especially on that empty net goal..

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. That was an experienced win. Didn't panic, didn't press too hard for another goal. We just let the game come to us, and figured out a way to handle it all. I only wish that watching it had been that easy.

The HF boards are split on the Kuch hit in a predictable way. But some people are simply inventing things to be seen. I'm not convinced Kuch caught much, if any, of Vatanen's head at all. Looked to me like Vatanen had just enough time to start flinching away. I honestly think that the line the NHL wants to draw runs directly between Kuch's hit and Doughty's hit. Doughty caught the head square, even if he grazed the shoulder first. Kuch made solid, primary contact with the arm/torso first.

And Kuch was a beast tonight. Don't really buy into the stereotype stuff, but our Russian just had himself a heck of a North American game. I bet Don Cherry's head exploded.

About stereotypes and Russians:

1) Goal Per Game leaders among active players
Active NHL Players - Playoff Goals per Game Leaders
top 3 - all are Russians

2) Point per game leaders among active players
top3 - 2 out of 3 are Russians
Active NHL Players - Playoff Points per Game Leaders

Kucherov is in both top3!

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
This game wasn't even close. Team played great for the full 60 and didn't let off the gas. Having essentially 2 goals waived off (the Point GI one and the ultra fast whistle on Cirelle's), the game should have been a blowout.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Man Kuch using a yellow stick and the way he recieves the puck so softly he looks a lot like MSL, especially on that empty net goal..
I can see it a little bit on the EN, the way he kind of stretched forward and pass-shot it into the net.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
About stereotypes and Russians:

1) Goal Per Game leaders among active players
Active NHL Players - Playoff Goals per Game Leaders
top 3 - all are Russians

2) Point per game leaders among active players
top3 - 2 out of 3 are Russians
Active NHL Players - Playoff Points per Game Leaders

Kucherov is in both top3!
Lol, I didn't mean to imply Russians weren't playoff performers. Just that they've tended to get criticized in North America for not playing tough/physical enough, particularly skill forwards like Kuch. And even then, I think that perception has lessened in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->