GDT: 4/18/18 - 7:30PM EDT - #1AT Tampa Bay @ #2WC New Jersey [ECQF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaySalty

Apr 12, 2018
Lakeland, Florida
I had a few beers and didn't notice I was lurking the jersey board. Accidently trolled them thinking I was on this board. I said I like how the final score is also the series score. In favor of Tampa. Whoops. Lolol

Reactions: LonLon Lei

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Think we can get Stamkos to waive his NMC? Miller showed tonight he's a much better playoff performer than Stamkos. Great goal and two assists while taking over in the faceoff circle after Stamkos sucked the first half of the game in the circle. We won't have to trade Johnson either who's much better than Stamkos too.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Think we can get Stamkos to waive his NMC? Miller showed tonight he's a much better playoff performer than Stamkos. Great goal and two assists while taking over in the faceoff circle after Stamkos sucked the first half of the game in the circle. We won't have to trade Johnson either who's much better than Stamkos too.
Whoa. We're all disappointed in Stammer's performance so far, but not at all ready to go there yet.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bryce Salvador still complaining about the Kuch hit, but after each period, it's been about something different. 1st: "Kucherov wouldn't make that play in the old days because he'd be too scared to pay the price for a hit like that." Then after the 2nd, "Nobody's expecting the lightning players to hit." And now," Kucherov would get suspended a couple games for that hit in the regular season, but because it's the playoffs they let it go." He's essentially said it's a fair hit, but he still can't not try to find faults with it.

Reactions: Stamper

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Your funny, it’s not just this board. Are you really that clueless?
I didn't say just this board, I said boards like this one. Yes, all of the know-nothings out there who've never done it or even been close to it don't like Peel because he's a by the book official and they only see the calls that go against their team, but he never gets rattled and calls the same game all the time. That's all you can ask.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
I didn't say just this board, I said boards like this one. Yes, all of the know-nothings out there who've never done it or even been close to it don't like Peel because he's a by the book official and they only see the calls that go against their team, but he never gets rattled and calls the same game all the time. That's all you can ask.
He might be a good ref but he blew 2 calls tonight which could have been critical in this game. The holding on Kuch was a bad call and the goal interference on Point was also a bad call.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
So it's by the book to call goalie interference on a guy that got shoved into a goalie?

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
My takeaways FWIW:
- Stupid Paquette in the 1st. Hope they can scratch him soon.
- W/O those two 5 on 3s this series might be over. At least the 5 on 3 tonight was from good calls.
- First line finally showed up. They were all excellent tonight.
- Big Cat was stellar. Plain awesome.
- Cirelli is gonna be goooood. He was a difference maker tonight.
- The trade for McDonagh & Miller is looking better everyday. #27 has been the best defenseman for them this series
- Refs were good tonight. A few bad calls, a few missed calls but that's every game. At least they didn't influence the result.
- Devils brought it again. The #1 seed hasn't helped in this round. Hopefully it helps later.

Now let's wrap this up in game 5. I don't want NJ hanging around any longer. They're dangerous.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Bryce Salvador............." Kucherov would get suspended a couple games for that hit in the regular season, but because it's the playoffs they let it go." He's essentially said it's a fair hit, but he still can't not try to find faults with it.

15 years ago it would have been a fantastic hockey hit.

In, "today's NHL" that hit will 100% get you a suspension of 'X' games, depending on player history (i.e. more games if prior fine/suspension, less games if player has clean history).

My prediction is, nothing happens. Kucherov is a star in this league, and the NHL typically doesn't suspend star players. Insert Conacher making that hit and Conacher probably gets booted 2 or 3 games.

EDIT: Scratch that. Just saw replay, I didn't realize he left his feet = bigtime no-no.

Last edited:

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
And that's why you never made it past the ECHL pal. You clearly don't know high level talent like I do and Stamkos isn't good enough to be on a team as good as ours.
I didn't start officiating until I was 39 yrs old, I still made it to pro hockey, more USA Hockey national championships than I can count, NCAA D1, etc. What's on your resume? Skating around in circles at the Sports Forum? Men's C league? The truth hurts, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad