GDT: 4/16/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I now know your name.

Keep a look over your shoulder now.

What is dumb is that the Lightning Radio link on the Lightning site cuts out before you get to the choices for the Big Moment of the Game. I haven't been on Twitter in forever, so I haven't guessed in forever, but when I did, I usually got it right :laugh:

I've only won a Tom Pyatt puck. I want a Marty or Stammer or Vinny :(

Haha come to Canada and find me! :P

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Ok, no way. Killorn does not chop broccoli with the puck like the two players you're comparing him to. Killorn uses his body to protect the puck and is great with his back to the net. He makes great decisions and chips pucks and chases them. He's damn good on the boards and wins puck battles, but his game is MUCH grindier than Kane's or Hossa's because he doens't have anywhere near the mitts of Kane, Hossa or Panik.

Killorn doesn't have awful hands, but no one would call him "Silky Mitts".

I feel like this is a jab at me.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
You seriously don't see high offensive upside in Killorn? If you don't, this discussion won't be going anywhere. There's a reason why he's already playing a top 6 role as a rookie.

He's playing top six because someone needs to play good defense in the top six. High offensive upside, depends on what you think high is ? He's a solid two way guy but no offensive dynamo.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Killer hardly played for Norfolk though (27 games is still a relatively small sample size). I saw him play a few times at Harvard and based on what I've seen this season and a bit in Norfolk last year, I can't take my eyes off of him when he had the puck on his stick.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Panik seems impatient with the puck, and tends to bobble it a lot. Its nice that we can argue which one of our prospects plays most like Hossa though.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
He's playing top six because someone needs to play good defense in the top six. High offensive upside, depends on what you think high is ? He's a solid two way guy but no offensive dynamo.

Pretty much this. He has great puck possession, not because of his hands, but because of his legs and ass. He boxes people out very well and wins puck battles. I love his game and see him in the top 9 for years.

I just think that a motivated Panik has the tools to go higher points wise. I'm just trying to figure out where Connolly fits in the future as I'm totally not sold on him.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
:biglaugh: I'm telling you, you and Crabby are definitely some of my favorite posters on HFboards #bromance.

<3

It's funny, because bromance was the word going through my head this whole GDT :laugh:

Haha come to Canada and find me! :P

The Lightning must be kicking themselves for picking you. They now have to pay extra postage to get that puck to you. I wondered that when they sent mine to me, if I got put on a blacklist because I'm too expensive :(

PS, did anyone see Tyrell try to deke Price out on that little mini-break he had? Guy couldn't dangle his own testicles if he tried.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
<3

It's funny, because bromance was the word going through my head this whole GDT :laugh:

The Lightning must be kicking themselves for picking you. They now have to pay extra postage to get that puck to you. I wondered that when they sent mine to me, if I got put on a blacklist because I'm too expensive :(

How much do you charge for going behind someone?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Killorn and Panik are just way different players. Killorn is a shield the puck type, Panik is the deke you out of your jock type. Both are perfectly fine Top 6 options, though.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Panik seems impatient with the puck, and tends to bobble it a lot. Its nice that we can argue which one of our prospects plays most like Hossa though.

No way. Panik's first NHL goal was all you need to know about his puck poise. To even attempt that **** and have the where-with-all to make it into a self pass with a backhand finish is sick skill/creativity.

Both he and Killorn are very smart with the puck on the wings too. They often will buy time and ice while seeking the trailer. Killorn is better on the rush due to decision making. He is much more willing to chip and chase and get the puck that way. He's a bulldog on the boards. Much more grindy than Panik.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Pretty much this. He has great puck possession, not because of his hands, but because of his legs and ass. He boxes people out very well and wins puck battles. I love his game and see him in the top 9 for years.

I just think that a motivated Panik has the tools to go higher points wise. I'm just trying to figure out where Connolly fits in the future as I'm totally not sold on him.

Connolly has the best release of all three imo. Connolly can develop into more of a sneaky player, while the other two dominate play with their hands/puck control.

I'm not saying that I don't think Panik does not have a high offensive upside, just that I think you're underrating Killorn in the process. To me, puck control and the lacrosse style of control that Killer has is more impressive when I rate "puck skills" than being able to pull off occasional nice moves like Panik does.

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
<3

This is actually the 3rd season in a row that ive won (Roloson, then Thompson, and now Hedman). I've even kept the bubble mailers they sent them in. I'm obsessed with this team, can you blame me?

I was actually at the Mar. 14 game vs Isles in which we didn't score (go figure with my luck) so ill have to come back eventually.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Connolly has the best release of all three imo. Connolly can develop into more of a sneaky player, while the other two dominate play with their hands/puck control.

I'm not saying that I don't think Panik does not have a high offensive upside, just that I think you're underrating Killorn in the process. To me, puck control and the lacrosse style of control that Killer has is more impressive when I rate "puck skills" than being able to pull off occasional nice moves like Panik does.

I always liked the Heatley-Connolly comparisons in terms of play style.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I've always thought of him as a future Marleau, though that could be due to his eternal 5 o' clock shadow, small-town western Canadian heritage, and perpetual sad-looking face.

Physical appearance definitely plays the part in that comparison, though there are some similarities in their games. Marleau's game relies more on speed though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad