GDT: 4/16/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Gotta say, hes a little ******* but Gallagher is a great young player. Haven't much been impressed with Galchenyuk in the... ten games or so i've seen him.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think we actually played a really good game tonight. You can chalk this loss up to ****** refs and some bonehead plays, but Bishop was great, our PK was great, and a lot of our forwards and D had good games.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Rooting for a tank is nearly as infuriating as rooting for the playoffs. We could really make some headway if Florida and Carolina didn't **** all over themselves every time out. The Panthers are a total embarrassment.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Killorn is playing injured I think. Same with Stamkos.

Pouliot with boneheaded penalty of the season for the team imo.
Brewer isn't worth ****.
Hedman was a ****ing beast after the 1st period boneheaded-ness.
Bishop was rock solid honestly.

Tyrell, he's found his game with that line. Simple game and he's playing it well. Did well on the PK with Marty as well.

Panik is going to be a real keeper I think. His game is progressing fantastically. Love the physical part of his game. Combine that with his hands, he's a beaut.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Obviously Pouliots penalty was dumb but you honestly cant even breathe near a MTL without getting a penalty.

Its disgraceful. Every ****ing game against them is the same, worse than playing the Flyers, worse than playing the Pens, its a ****ing disgrace the league even gives a PP to MTL in their building.

Another solid effort by Malone and Brewer out there :sarcasm:

At this point, with the team, management and effort shown in a full 60 min hockey game, Im embarassed beyond belief. This is not hockey, its more like a circus act.

edit, may I add, not entirely a bad game, we played decent, not our worst and not the best, for sure, but its frustrating, you all understand..

Also, Panik a candidate for GOTY? He has two that should be nominated.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Gotta say, hes a little ******* but Gallagher is a great young player. Haven't much been impressed with Galchenyuk in the... ten games or so i've seen him.

Galchenyuk is the better of the two players you mentioned. Much higher ceiling and a Center playing wing mostly now.

MTL is doing a great job bringing him along. Gallagher is a product of his linemates more than Galchenyuk is.

722ish

Mar 1, 2013
Killorn is playing injured I think. Same with Stamkos.

Pouliot with boneheaded penalty of the season for the team imo.
Brewer isn't worth ****.
Hedman was a ****ing beast after the 1st period boneheaded-ness.
Bishop was rock solid honestly.

Tyrell, he's found his game with that line. Simple game and he's playing it well. Did well on the PK with Marty as well.

Panik is going to be a real keeper I think. His game is progressing fantastically. Love the physical part of his game. Combine that with his hands, he's a beaut.

I've been wondering the same about Stamkos too, he doesn't even look remotely like himself. Killorn is a good point also, he has had significantly better games up until this point, I hadn't considered an injury, I can see it being very likely though!

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Panik is what Malone could be if he could stay healthy. He's big, physical and can score. Panik is so smooth though, Malone doesn't come anywhere near him there. If the Lightning can draft Nichushkin and Panik continues to develop they could have two legitimate monster power forwards.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I've been wondering the same about Stamkos too, he doesn't even look remotely like himself. Killorn is a good point also, he has had significantly better games up until this point, I hadn't considered an injury, I can see it being very likely though!

I think with Killorn, we also have to consider that he's a rookie that will through highs and lows. Not to mention, all players are prone to having bad slumps.

Stammer's a different story as he's just looked awful all year.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Panik is what Malone could be if he could stay healthy. He's big, physical and can score. Panik is so smooth though, Malone doesn't come anywhere near him there. If the Lightning can draft Nichushkin and Panik continues to develop they could have two legitimate monster power forwards.

In no world is Malone close to the ceiling of Panik. The power forward parts of their game are similar, but Panik is closer to Hossa than Malone has ever dreamed of being.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008

I haven't seen enough of Nichushkin, does he hit like a PWF? I read a scouting report that said he had the size and puck control of Jordan Staal, but lacked physicality to his game.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

EE pretty much confirmed it on Twitter the other day that Stamkos has been playing injured for a while.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I think with Killorn, we also have to consider that he's a rookie that will through highs and lows. Not to mention, all players are prone to having bad slumps.

Stammer's a different story as he's just looked awful all year.

EE confirmed that Stamkos has a shoulder injury he's playing through. It's the reason he hasn't gone to the front of the net nearly as much as he did last season.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Don't think he's a physical guy but he's a ****in beast on the puck and has crazy ice vision.

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
At least we still have the Crunch playoffs, im definitely looking forward to that. And the fact that I can watch the NHL playoffs without stress and hoping for the teams I hate to lose (pretty sure I share that with a majority of guys here lol).

On another note, I won an autographed puck via Lightning radio so not a bad night!

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
In no world is Malone close to the ceiling of Panik. The power forward parts of their game are similar, but Panik is closer to Hossa than Malone has ever dreamed of being.

Killorn is closer to Hossa than Panik, Hossa rarely hits, if at all. Panik would be closer to a diet version of Perry maybe?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Galchenyuk is the better of the two players you mentioned. Much higher ceiling and a Center playing wing mostly now.

MTL is doing a great job bringing him along. Gallagher is a product of his linemates more than Galchenyuk is.

I'm not arguing the first part - I know his ceiling is much higher, but I think a full year in the A would have served him a lot better than being with the big club. Gallagher is kind of in the same role as Palat, you could bring him up early because his game is straightforward and honest.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
EE confirmed that Stamkos has a shoulder injury he's playing through. It's the reason he hasn't gone to the front of the net nearly as much as he did last season.

Now his lack of SOG and piss poor play are starting to make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad