GDT: 4/16/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
After breaking everything I own and cursing the refs for being ****ing cowards and playing to the crowds emotions, I'm ok with the loss. Need to keep pace with Carolina and Florida.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
DjygHCi.png

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Killorn is closer to Hossa than Panik, Hossa rarely hits, if at all. Panik would be closer to a diet version of Perry maybe?

Nah. Killorn doesn't have nearly the skill with the puck that Panik has. Killorn's game is body positioning and puck poise. Panik does hit much more frequently than Hossa does, but Hossa has a better release and shot imo.

Killorn has a pretty damn sneaky release and he slows the game down when he's doing his "Young Vinny" puck holding stuff. He's faster than Vinny ever was I think though. He has a high motor as well which lets him kill penalties. I'm more impressed with his Defensive acumen than anything else about him really.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
On another note, I won an autographed puck via Lightning radio so not a bad night!

Score!! Who was tonight's player? I hope they're not getting rid of the leftover Conacher and MAB signed pucks towards the end of the season :)

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
After breaking everything I own and cursing the refs for being ****ing cowards and playing to the crowds emotions, I'm ok with the loss. Need to keep pace with Carolina and Florida.

Seems a bit over the top to me. You're reacting as if we just lost a meaningful game, like a playoff one :laugh:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I'm not arguing the first part - I know his ceiling is much higher, but I think a full year in the A would have served him a lot better than being with the big club. Gallagher is kind of in the same role as Palat, you could bring him up early because his game is straightforward and honest.

Er, juniors, not A.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
At least we still have the Crunch playoffs, im definitely looking forward to that. And the fact that I can watch the NHL playoffs without stress and hoping for the teams I hate to lose (pretty sure I share that with a majority of guys here lol).

On another note, I won an autographed puck via Lightning radio so not a bad night!

I now know your name.

Keep a look over your shoulder now.

What is dumb is that the Lightning Radio link on the Lightning site cuts out before you get to the choices for the Big Moment of the Game. I haven't been on Twitter in forever, so I haven't guessed in forever, but when I did, I usually got it right :laugh:

I've only won a Tom Pyatt puck. I want a Marty or Stammer or Vinny :(

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Nah. Killorn doesn't have nearly the skill with the puck that Panik has. Killorn's game is body positioning and puck poise. Panik does hit much more frequently than Hossa does, but Hossa has a better release and shot imo.

Killorn has a pretty damn sneaky release and he slows the game down when he's doing his "Young Vinny" puck holding stuff. He's faster than Vinny ever was I think though. He has a high motor as well which lets him kill penalties. I'm more impressed with his Defensive acumen than anything else about him really.

lol wut?

Killorn has a quick release when given the opportunity, similar to Hossa, his skating stride looks somewhat similar and he's already a solid two-way player. He's obviously not at Hossa's level yet, but I'd say Killorn's game is much closer to Hossa's than Panik's is.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
The only team that we've gained points on in the standings in the last 10 games is Florida. But they've built up enough of a lead that it doesn't matter.

:lol:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
lol wut?

Killorn has a quick release when given the opportunity, similar to Hossa, his skating stride looks somewhat similar and he's already a solid two-way player. He's obviously not at Hossa's level yet, but I'd say Killorn's game is much closer to Hossa's than Panik's is.

As far as 2 way play, yes. As far as offensive upside, no.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Panik flashes good moves/dekes with the puck, but in terms of holding onto the puck and controlling it on a string, Killorn wins out similar to how Hossa/Kane do.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
As far as 2 way play, yes. As far as offensive upside, no.

You seriously don't see high offensive upside in Killorn? If you don't, this discussion won't be going anywhere. There's a reason why he's already playing a top 6 role as a rookie.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Panik flashes good moves/dekes with the puck, but in terms of holding onto the puck and controlling it on a string, Killorn wins out similar to how Hossa/Kane do.

Ok, no way. Killorn does not chop broccoli with the puck like the two players you're comparing him to. Killorn uses his body to protect the puck and is great with his back to the net. He makes great decisions and chips pucks and chases them. He's damn good on the boards and wins puck battles, but his game is MUCH grindier than Kane's or Hossa's because he doens't have anywhere near the mitts of Kane, Hossa or Panik.

Killorn doesn't have awful hands, but no one would call him "Silky Mitts". I stand corrected, someone called him Silky Mitts. Having watched both of them a ton in Syracuse and last year in Norfolk, Panik has the higher upside offensively. The only knock on him has always been consistency. He is also an '89 birth year. Panik is a '91.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Ok, no way. Killorn does not chop broccoli with the puck like the two players you're comparing him to. Killorn uses his body to protect the puck and is great with his back to the net. He makes great decisions and chips pucks and chases them. He's damn good on the boards and wins puck battles, but his game is MUCH grindier than Kane's or Hossa's because he doens't have anywhere near the mitts of Kane, Hossa or Panik.

Killorn doesn't have awful hands, but no one would call him "Silky Mitts".

I disagree with the first bolded part, Panik has little spurts of good moves but cannot hold onto the puck like Killer does.

Look a couple posts above. You shall take that back immediately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad