GDT: 4/13/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDrouin

Dec 22, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
only caught the 3rd period.
Best period i've seen in a long long time.
Everyone was finishing checks (cally and paq especially)
Keeping it in the zone so well.

Both teams had some great chances though. despite dominating possession in the 3rd, i reckon the chances were about equal. Coburn off the crossbar, Offside no-goal (drouin was silky smooth on that play, but still caused the no-goal)...but Det had some real close ones tho, the one flip got a stick on at the last second, and still too many times there was someone completely free in the slot.

Nonetheless, besides all the heart racing, that was the most enjoyable hockey of the season.
Hopefully all the games are like that and don't turn into a defensive snorefest.

#DrouinAlright

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
That was an amazing game to attend. The last few minutes were intense, with everyone standing almost the entire time going crazy. Definitely a fun one.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This version of Jonathan Drouin we're seeing is someone who is a bonafide NHL superstar as soon as next season.

The Lightning would be nuts if they let him get away at this point. He's off-limits.
Agree wholeheartedly. Attitude or whatever aside, he's what we all expected him to be and more. He had such a good game. Maybe one or two mistakes but he back checked, set up a disallowed goal and was getting under the skin of NHL vets out there while constantly being a threat. Stamkos walking is eased if this kid stays. I'm all for it to be honest. That top 6, and that bottom 6 for that matter, showed they are still a core that can do damage. Kinks need to be worked out for game 2 and it was only one game but I didn't expect multiple shifts pressing the wings like that all game. Minus the 2nd period, Detroit was swarmed by two lines to their one. If it wasn't for Howard, it couldve been more than 3.

Bishop? Guy was lights out. Can't fault him for either, he came up HUGE when needed many times. Coburn had his best game in a long time. Hedman was such a stud back there. Nesterov did well, as did Sustr. Carle had his moments for sure but I thought there were times where even he didn't "Carle" as bad as usual.

Cooper didn't run out of gum. TB leads 1-0. Goodnight!

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Now THAT is a playoff game. SOme of the most fun I've had at a live game in years. The crowd hit a different level tonight. We all knew the win was there. And the Bolts went and got it.

Not a pretty win. But we beat the Red Wings at their own game. If we clean up the passing, this is our series.

Also, Bish gonna Bish. All lines were flying. Johnson showing he's money in the playoffs, Killer with the GW, Kuck deserves a raise, keep Drouin and give Hedman a raise. They need to keep this up.

Duster Crossbars

Jan 30, 2016
Winter Park, FL
We HAVE to keep Drouin. Yzerman knew that he couldn't get equal value in a trade. Kudos to Coop for giving the kid a real chance now. We could be looking at an even more skilled version of Ken Linseman or Esa Tikkanen.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Here's Hedman's no-goal again:

Spotted on the Wings board:

68vgpi.png

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
People here complain about production from Flip and Cally, but what they did last night should give them slack from not scoring. They literally saved goals from blocking, and their PK'ing efforts to keep us in this game, all this why creating offense as well, another brilliant pass from Cally to Coburn (Sounds familar) yet this time hits the cross bar, that is once again more bad luck. Disappointed in Brown, should of got down to block that shot that deflected off of him and did not seem to have the zip he usually does. Paquette was good.

Thought Palat was a little off, whiffed on some shots, and could not handle some passes, but was so happy to see Pallahan in the end. An Empty netter with Cally, Flip, and Palat all getting a point was my ultimate wish, but they protected the lead next best thing, they are our 3 best two way forwards hope to see more of them in those situations. Nothing against Drouin who was great last night, but think Cally should take some shifts in the 3rd period with them when we have the lead. Very smart of Cooper to put them together for the last min. Coop is a ****ing genius!

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Both Cally and Fil saved a goal during the last minutes. Cally blocked a shot and deflected it out of the zone, Fil got even closer and put his stick between the puck and the open net. #cametoplay

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Both Cally and Fil saved a goal during the last minutes. Cally blocked a shot and deflected it out of the zone, Fil got even closer and put his stick between the puck and the open net. #cametoplay

I still wish they were together on a line. Not sure why Vladdy who only played 10 mins cannot be on the 3rd line or even 2nd line with Palat and Drouin? One line scored last night, was enough to win, but what if they go cold tommorrow? Need 3 scoring lines, imo.

I am happy with last night, but it's only one game and it was close till the end.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That was a very entertaining game. Had those heavy breath / mini heart attack moments again that the playoffs are famous for. So happy it's back. It's almost like the guys were just bored with regular season hockey and wanted the playoffs to be played all year. Drouin looks great. Gives our team that different element our team has lacked for a while.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think several avatars crossed my mind last night. When the refs decided to bone both teams I thought of mine. Went through downtown not too long ago and seeing the banners on buildings makes it even more special. This city is changing and last year really did it. Again, we make it to round 2 with the addition of Stralman coming back, we have a chance. Seeing us play that way last night shows me we are capable of making a run. There's a couple of scary teams out there, just need some fortune to go our way.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
guys i just bought a house

and now i am going out of town to a cabin with no internet or phone service until sunday

have patience w/ me

i willed the team to a victory last night, did i not?

JS91

May 14, 2014
Was a GREAT game. Caused me to pretty much sleep walk all day at work due to only 3 hours of sleep, but whatever, was definitely worth it. Drouin looking exactly like how he did in the beginning of the year, which is awesome to see. If Stamkos leaves we NEED to keep him. If he stays healthy I could definitely see him starting to blow up statistics wise during these playoffs. Already can't wait till Friday's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad