GDT: 4/13/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Wow, didn't think it was that lopsided. Shows how prepared the Wings were and how well they played. Had quite a few scoring chances that they shanked or flubbed. We certainly didn't play a great game.

Wow, that is bad. Very, very bad. Corsi is the one stat that matters in hockey, outside of goals and assists. If the Lightning dont clean their game up, we aren't going to win this series. Starting to realize how lucky this win was. Hedman saved a goal in the first, Cally and Flip in the third. Bishop had to stand on his head. We need to be better than that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
yeah i am a cult favorite over there i guess

they had a really active board so my ask me anything thread went like 30 pages during the bandwagon season

lol damn son. Well feel free to contribute in any way you can here and see if you can get "days" to do so as well. All you need to know is the basics

TBL guide 4 dummeez LOLZ

1. Coop sucks a lot
2. Power play sucks... A LOT
3. Bishop is elite
4. We don't know if Stamkos is coming back
5. We play the 1st line like it's a 4th line
6. It is PERFECTLY acceptable to say "**** it" in frustration in an otherwise manageable situation because the Bolts don't handle manageable situations very well
7. Throw your eggs while incubating that way you can't even count them

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Wow, that is bad. Very, very bad. Corsi is the one stat that matters in hockey, outside of goals and assists. If the Lightning dont clean their game up, we aren't going to win this series. Starting to realize how lucky this win was. Hedman saved a goal in the first, Cally and Flip in the third. Bishop had to stand on his head. We need to be better than that.

Meh, saves were pretty close, it wasnt like Howard had 15 of those, and Corsi in no way dictates where one series goes since a 7 game sample isnt enough for the results to start showing int the W column.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I may have missed the convo but Droiun had 2nd most TOI for forwards. Even more than Kuch.

Crazy times we are witnessing.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Wow, didn't think it was that lopsided. Shows how prepared the Wings were and how well they played. Had quite a few scoring chances that they shanked or flubbed. We certainly didn't play a great game.

I wouldn't sweat this crap. Hedman's individual Corsi was not good at all but if you watched that game you would know he took that **** over.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I wouldn't sweat this crap. Hedman's individual Corsi was not good at all but if you watched that game you would know he took that **** over.

Hedman had a great game overall but he did do some boneheaded things. I remember one sequence when he made 2 great pass blocks in a row and then threw the puck to the Detroit point man. Negates your great plays if you just immediately throw the puck back to the other team.

Don't get me wrong, he was a beast last night, but there is a lot of room to be better too.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I do feel that everyone was playing really well last night and did a good job. It was the first game of the playoffs so hopefully we can keep building on the game and get even better.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Hedman had a great game overall but he did do some boneheaded things. I remember one sequence when he made 2 great pass blocks in a row and then threw the puck to the Detroit point man. Negates your great plays if you just immediately throw the puck back to the other team.

Don't get me wrong, he was a beast last night, but there is a lot of room to be better too.

Hedman's failed clearance also set up the Abdelkader goal. It was the icing on what had been a turnover-infested cake in the defensive zone immediately preceding that.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hedman's failed clearance also set up the Abdelkader goal. It was the icing on what had been a turnover-infested cake in the defensive zone immediately preceding that.

That too. Filppula failed to clear and then Hedman failed also seconds later. Then Abdelkader scored on what I'm starting to think may have been a high stick, but I can't find the right angle to prove it.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Spotted on the Wings board:

68vgpi.png

Don't know where this is coming from but war-on-ice have totally different numbers and they're known to be extremely reliable.

5v5
Shots for:
TB: 28
DET: 25

Corsi for:
TB: 47
DET: 40

Scoring chances:
TB:23
DET:19

Sums up the game to me. We were the better team by a small but clear margin, particularly when the game was on the line and we moved up a gear.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Don't know where this is coming from but war-on-ice have totally different numbers and they're known to be extremely reliable.

5v5
Shots for:

Corsi for:

Scoring chances:

Sums up the game to me. We were the better team by a small but clear margin, particularly when the game was on the line and we moved up a gear.

only one stat matters WIN rest is for internet nerds or to whine etc.. on how unlucky you were if you lost

but but but

detroit got all the puck luck both tips bishop was on I mean he was superman period and those two goals were flat out gifts of hockey gods

the refs really sucked also

im still a detroit fan also if wasnt for lightning id be hoping for detroit so figure im very fair

i have watched detroit for years 3 seasons ago fairly they were good enough to beat chicago and imho toews stood on head and won that series as the champion he is but detroit had very bad puck luck that stuff equals out

this detroit team is meh for me to watch the end of the careers basically for datsyuk and zetterberg is about as sad as anything ive witnessed lidstroms last year showed he was semi done but what i have seen of these two hall of fame giants for the last two months is simply mind boggling they hit that wall

big fan of ufc and you see it in the fighters that they have went that final fight too long and they are all of a sudden nothing like former selves

really first time watching this of loved players that downgraded so badly at the end of a year or season

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

5v5
Shots for:

Corsi for:

Scoring chances:

That's what I saw. We didn't dominate, but we deserved the W.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Fil's Faceoff stats

player|off.|def.|neu.|TOT
FILPPULA | 5-8 / 63% | 7-10 / 70% | 5-9 / 56% | 17-27 / 63%
vs. DATSYUK||1-2 / 50%|5-9 / 56%|6-11 / 55%
vs. RICHARDS||1-1 / 100%||1-1 / 100%
vs. ZETTERBERG||4-6 / 67%||4-6 / 67%
vs. GLENDENING|5-8 / 63%|1-1 / 100%||6-9 / 67%

Team Defensive zone Faceoff stats

JOHNSON|5-5 / 100%
BOYLE|1-2 / 50%
PAQUETTE|2-5 / 40%
FILPPULA|7-10 / 70%
TOTAL | 15-22 / 68%

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Hedman, Drouin, Johnson, Kuch, Killer went beast mode last night.

Hedman really elevates his game in the playoffs my goodness

So does Killer. He's a monster in the playoffs. I wish he would play like that all the time, but damn it's nice when he kicks it up a notch. He's a real competitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad