GDT: 4/13/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
Drouin looked possessed out there. What a first game! I wasn't really excited to play the Wings again, but damn, these guys look like they hate each other.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Drouin didn't have a point, was blatantly offside on a would-be goal, took two penalties, and might have played the best game of his career.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Most importantly, going into Game 2, defensive structure needs to be tightened up. 37 shots on net for Detroit is entirely too many to allow, though given that TB had 34 of their own, I suppose we can say we got the more wide open game we wanted. There were defensive breakdowns plenty in the 3rd period; my heart skipped a beat on Green missing on the weakside with less than a minute left. It can't happen in that situation.

The 4th line was pretty stellar. I questioned Blunden's inclusion but he merited it with his performance tonight. Paquette was everywhere. Jonathan Drouin, of course, was fantastic, as was Kucherov.

Most importantly, Game 1 success. TB has had very little of that, especially on home ice, in recent years. That's a very important start to this series. Now, we go for 2-0 going to Detroit, and if the Lightning can manage that, we can start to feel a tad bit better about this team's chances. But, first, onto Game 2.

If I have any energy to stay awake and watch the FS-F replay later, I'll relay some thoughts. That might be tough, given that I've been awake since 6:00 today, I have a wake-up even earlier than that tomorrow, and the replay wouldn't be 'till midnight. In other words, if I actually do this, it is an actively bad decision I'm making and should be discouraged.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Go Bolts and FU Abdelkader

f7FdEdG.jpg

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Most importantly, going into Game 2, defensive structure needs to be tightened up. 37 shots on net for Detroit is entirely too many to allow, though given that TB had 34 of their own, I suppose we can say we got the more wide open game we wanted. There were defensive breakdowns plenty in the 3rd period; my heart skipped a beat on Green missing on the weakside with less than a minute left. It can't happen in that situation.

The 4th line was pretty stellar. I questioned Blunden's inclusion but he merited it with his performance tonight. Paquette was everywhere. Jonathan Drouin, of course, was fantastic, as was Kucherov.

Most importantly, Game 1 success. TB has had very little of that, especially on home ice, in recent years. That's a very important start to this series. Now, we go for 2-0 going to Detroit, and if the Lightning can manage that, we can start to feel a tad bit better about this team's chances. But, first, onto Game 2.

If I have any energy to stay awake and watch the FS-F replay later, I'll relay some thoughts. That might be tough, given that I've been awake since 6:00 today, I have a wake-up even earlier than that tomorrow, and the replay wouldn't be 'till midnight. In other words, if I actually do this, it is an actively bad decision I'm making and should be discouraged.

Yeah, we gave up 37 shots. But I'd say about 4 or 5 of them were actually threatening.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Drouin throwing the body around and getting chippy was amazing to see. He's put on some weight/muscle. Not getting knocked around too bad which is good, he looked pretty scrawny last year. Glad he's beefed up

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Drouin looked possessed out there. What a first game! I wasn't really excited to play the Wings again, but damn, these guys look like they hate each other.

I'll take the mistakes with his aggressiveness in game 1. Now he can tighten it up, and keep on doing what he's doing.

He wants to play at this level? Play 15 more games like this now and kid, you're a hero here.:nod:

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015

0600?

Try 0430...;)

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Proud of Coop. He let Drouin make mistakes and continued to play him. A step in the right direction.

Amen brother. Coop said do what you do CONSISTENTLY.

He did. Made some mistakes but still kept on coming.

A year ago, that offsides penalty would have shattered his confidence for the game.

Tonight? He said bleep it. Let's party.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
is sad to watch decline in datsyuk and zetterbergs games detroit needs to make a youth movement big time and move on they had chances but not dangerous chances like they would normally have

is sad when you see end of great careers and know they just dont have anything compared to the hall of fame guys they always were

abdelkader that was a very blatent bad hit on paquette and im hoping league takes an action otherwise he will do it till he hurts someone he was out of control today

drouin staying on skates bulling to net getting another chance? where did this guy come from

everyone can biotch all you want about not giving him minutes blah blah blah

this is a different animal than we have ever seen in tampa not sure what he did during his siesta at mommas but dammm it worked hes the real deal and actually doing things already i never thought he would have in the tool box and i also never thought he would be this much of a force on his skates

hes for sure ready so yep maybe we made a lot of mistakes along the way but that is what is now paying off into what he is not sure where this came from cause he was not this tough ever that i saw or as good on skates

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, we gave up 37 shots. But I'd say about 4 or 5 of them were actually threatening.

This.

Detroit was shooting from the perimeter, and we weren't letting them get to rebounds. I didn't see much wrong with our D tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad