GDT: 4/1/18 - 6:00PM EDT - Nashville vs Tampa Bay

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I understand all of what you said though, as someone has said this before it'd be better for this team to go as an underdog..some players and teams motivate themselves well thanks to the hostilities and low expectations. It comes down to how much pride they have and how much they want it.
200w.gif
Lol. Oh no. The hamster/gerbil/whatever is Boston and we're the rabbit. Damn it bunny, don't just stand there, do something!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman's non-chanlant plays are so annoying sometimes, he's very similar to Kucherov and neither have a solid consistent level of play they can maintain for long periods, it's always hot and cold stretches. Josi to me has stood out in every single game we've played them, guy doesn't have Hedman's high but he certainly doesn't have the lows, a strong and hard d-man to play against a rich-man's Stralman. Hedman is soft as buttercups when he's off at least make it hard to play against you when you aren't handling the puck well.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Honestly at this point I hope no one wins an individual award. Guys playing like they don't give a damn out there for months now.

I'd appreciate it more if guys were actually gunning for those awards, it'll at least motivate them for something. Kuch and Stamkos have pretty much pissed the Ross/Hart away, Hedman's losing ground on the Norris, Vasi's tanked his Vezina and the team blew a 10 point lead on the Presidents trophy. Yes they still have a chance at the grand prize, but if they lose they'll all walk alway with nothing this season except a pat on the back for a solid 3 months from Oct-Dec.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Hedman's non-chanlant plays are so annoying sometimes, he's very similar to Kucherov and neither have a solid consistent level of play they can maintain for long periods, it's always hot and cold stretches. Josi to me has stood out in every single game we've played them, guy doesn't have Hedman's high but he certainly doesn't have the lows, a strong and hard d-man to play against a rich-man's Stralman. Hedman is soft as buttercups when he's off at least make it hard to play against you when you aren't handling the puck well.
The breakout looked way better tonight, at least early on. Hasn't looked that crisp and quick in months. That being said, the non-chalant virus has infected every defender on this team, not just Hedman. They always think they have more time than they do. It doesn't matter how many times they get mugged and robbed in their own end, they still casually skate to the puck with a guy bearing down on them, and then casually move the puck to a teammate who has one guy draped all over him and another guy bearing down on him. It's maddening to watch.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Lol. Oh no. The hamster/gerbil/whatever is Boston and we're the rabbit. Damn it bunny, don't just stand there, do something!
I know. He or she is just satisfied being pretty, white, big and all.He or she even had the Cup in front and got it stolen by a pesky creature! And yeah I forgot about one particular Bruins player who's called rat so...must be a coincidence.:naughty:

Reactions: Bolt 45

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Everybody making a lot of excuses for players or setting aside lousy performances because, as the theory goes, these games don't matter to them and all they care about are the playoffs. Kuch was on track for the Hart, Hedman on track for the Norris, Vasy on track for the Vezina and now there is no way for any of them. The truth of the matter is that players do care about those awards, a lot, and the notion that they are just mailing it in before the playoffs is dead wrong. The reasons lie elsewhere.

Hedman should easily get the Norris, the other two I agree with.

Reactions: Stammertime91

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I must watch more Nashville games than you, because I've seen some roooooooooooooooough games out of Josi.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It's a bloodbath on local radio.
As it should be.

At the end of the day, they had a heck of a season. Set several club records. Definitely worthy of praise. The goal is the Cup though. This team has not played like a Cup contender for the last 1.5/2 months. There's no spin to that. Period.

The fact that I feel more comfortable with Louis freakin Domingue in net over Vasy right now is troubling. The fact that I'm not the only one who feels that way is terrifying. There is something very wrong with his game right now, and I don't know what it is. He's gotten rest lately. He's been given some cupcake games and looked poor in all of them. It's certainly not all on him, though. The defense and PK have been awful. All the offensive weapons have gone ice cold or look uninterested.

A few months ago I was saying that I don't think a team in the league could take 4 of 7 from TB and I felt really confident about saying that. After what I've seen lately, I definitely don't see that statement as accurate anymore, and personally see them as very upset prone.

I kind of feel like it's either the Cup or a first round upset this year.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Well they were carrying the play until they let that 3rd goal in. We just cant seem to score goals right now despite scoring 7 in the other game. That seemed to be norm early in the year now its rare. We just cant seem to score vs these tough teams though. Very concerning for the playoffs. Vasi has been awful too.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
It seems like the better teams have figured out what we try to do offensively. Cooper has not adjusted. A first or second round bounce and he should be history. I feel he's taken the team as far as it will go under him. We need new blood. Just MHO.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It seems like the better teams have figured out what we try to do offensively. Cooper has not adjusted. A first or second round bounce and he should be history. I feel he's taken the team as far as it will go under him. We need new blood. Just MHO.
I'm on the same lines with you about Cooper. If this team chokes this season away, I have a hard time not putting it on Cooper. The team obviously has the talent to win it all. The least they can do is replace Bowness because this hot mess we call defense is his responsibility.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I'm on the same lines with you about Cooper. If this team chokes this season away, I have a hard time not putting it on Cooper. The team obviously has the talent to win it all. The least they can do is replace Bowness because this hot mess we call defense is his responsibility.

Absolutely. The effort levels and playing down to teams has been an issue since Cooper arrived, IMO. I know we've been talking about it for years really. Not quite as hard as this season, but I think that's just because it's such a contrast from what we saw in the first 3 months of the season.

I don't know if it's his laid back style that reflects on the ice or if it's that I keep seeing people say him and some of the players don't gel well (completely just speculation. See people mention it on Reddit from time to time that Stamkos and Cooper don't get along).

At the end of the day though, Cooper doesn't play the games. The guys in the uniforms have to be able to motivate themselves to get on the ice and commit to a full 60 minutes. I'm willing to bet there's no changes made after this season unless it's a huge choke like a first round exit.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I don't know if it's his laid back style that reflects on the ice or if it's that I keep seeing people say him and some of the players don't gel well (completely just speculation. See people mention it on Reddit from time to time that Stamkos and Cooper don't get along).

At the end of the day though, Cooper doesn't play the games. The guys in the uniforms have to be able to motivate themselves to get on the ice and commit to a full 60 minutes. I'm willing to bet there's no changes made after this season unless it's a huge choke like a first round exit.

It is common knowledge that Stammer and Coop don't get along. They make it work...for now.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Hedman should easily get the Norris, the other two I agree with.
I hope you're right but if a lot of voters were watching last nights game they're going to be looking for an excuse. I know it was one game and it's probably not fair, but last night was a big stage game and Heddy sh*t the bed. That, and our defense in general has sucked for a while now and he is the face of our D. I don't think he gets it but I'd love to be wrong.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
It is common knowledge that Stammer and Coop don't get along. They make it work...for now.

Based on all the inside information you and others have.

This is worthless and baseless. I swear people take one or two minor things said to the media in a scrum and ****ing run with it.

Agreed, its worthless and baseless information. This poster keeps saying the same thing over and over again. Pretty much the only one that is saying it that I'm aware of. Its pretty baseless ... and how exactly is it common knowledge? Is he referring to playing on the wing seasons ago? This dude is out on left field. Stamkos signed an 8 year contract at a discount after that ... so ... ????

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Based on all the inside information you and others have.

This is worthless and baseless. I swear people take one or two minor things said to the media in a scrum and ****ing run with it.
620 just had a lightning person on last week. He basically said it's no secret that Stammer and Coop don't get along but they make it work. You can probably find it yourself. Wow. Nice meltdown.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
620 just had a lightning person on last week. He basically said it's no secret that Stammer and Coop don't get along but they make it work. You can probably find it yourself. Wow. Nice meltdown.

Garbage information. “A Lightning person” on “620 ... “ ... this dude is prepping up his resume to apply for a job at a Russian Facebook news site.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I didn't hear it, so I'll take your word for it, even if I suspect you might have misunderstood something. I will say this. If someone in the organization is airing the team's dirty laundry like that publicly, on a radio show, then Stammer and Coop allegedly not getting along is the least of this organization's problems. That guy should have been fired on the spot and then been blacklisted league-wide. Who does that? So unprofessional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad