V4GhmwA.png

V2uOgzz.png

jihqK7W.png

4nP8vlK.png

n9ZQoCX.png

Reactions: The Macho Man

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Desperately need a Boston loss at PHI today so the Lightning can control its own destiny for the division

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I am psyched out beyond belief for this game. We looked like our old selves again against the NYR and not that I think it comes as a surprise to anyone, it was great to see us thoroughly out play another team again. That was one of our better games in quite some time and at the risk of making them sound like a warm up for Nashville, I'm excited to see how we respond against the team that will probably finish with the President's Trophy.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Haven't gotten up for the past two games because, just like the team, I just haven't cared enough. I'll go watch this one with a friend of mine though which means I'll probably be too intoxicated to remember anything about this game tomorrow.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Desperately need a Boston loss at PHI today so the Lightning can control its own destiny for the division

I'm not trying to say home ice for a game 7 is not important but with the addition of McDonagh and Girardi we now have a lineup that is yet even more battle tested than in previous seasons. We have a very long 2 months ahead of us and I just want to see us playing collectively better as a team from top to bottom. We've got just a little bit more time to work out the fine kinks of this tea.

Again let me emphasize, it's not that controlling our own destiny is not important. I'm just saying we have a locker room full of a guys who has been to the dance so many times -including a player who has won the Cup 4 times. Being ready for the playoffs is more important than who has home ice. If we're ready it's not gonna matter if we play on the moon. We're gonna win.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
After Fridays night game, we need to show everyone in the next 4 games that we are ready for the playoffs and beware of the Bolts. The top line of Stamkos, Kurcherov and Miller need to start scoring again at a high level as they seem to have been very quiet lately. They need to lead they way offensively.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
After Fridays night game, we need to show everyone in the next 4 games that we are ready for the playoffs and beware of the Bolts. The top line of Stamkos, Kurcherov and Miller need to start scoring again at a high level as they seem to have been very quiet lately as a line. They need to lead the way offensively.QUOTE]

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Still have a chance at the President's trophy here. If we win the next two games we have a good shot.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
After Friday nights game, we need to show everyone in the next 4 games that we are ready for the playoffs and beware! Stamkos, Kucherov and Miller need to start setting the tone and lead this team offensively thru the next month.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I still disagree with Cooper that we are putting Johnson on the wing. We need our top 3 centers to play at center. To me it seems that Cooper is more concerned about faceoffs (basically has two centers on each of the top three lines) than he is 5 v 5 play.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I still disagree with Cooper that we are putting Johnson on the wing. We need our top 3 centers to play at center. To me it seems that Cooper is more concerned about faceoffs (basically has two centers on each of the top three lines) than he is 5 v 5 play.

Considering how hard it has been to get Johnson going this year he might be trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone here

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Winning faceoffs results in puck possession. I'm not sure if the tradeoff is always worth it, but that's the thinking.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Nashville looking like they checked out on the regular season lately, a bit like us but maybe not as bad

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Nashville looking like they checked out on the regular season lately, a bit like us but maybe not as bad

No! Nothing can ever be as checked out as us. We can't stop a Manitoba Junior Hockey League power play right now. Being this checked out isn't some switch you turn on and off

Need proof? We lose to Buffalo all the time! They have no excuses

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
Nashville are as solid as hockey teams come, We will need a big effort tonite along with some PK help. A couple of their D men can bomb the puck!! ( slap shot)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->