GDT: 4/1/18 - 6:00PM EDT - Nashville vs Tampa Bay

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Point, Stamkos, Kucherov, Palat, Miller, Johnson and Gourde are all better, and Cirelli has earned some PP time with his play, so no we don't have to use Killorn or Kunitz, or Callahan that's assuming 4 forwards per unit.

I wouldn't put Palat on the first PP the way he's been playing this year though. Not before Killorn anyway. I think he's been good in that role, he gets those loose pucks consistently. He's pretty good as a bumper for Kucherov when Kuch wants to use him.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Lol there are "fans" who only show up in threads when the team loses and only **** on the team.
Fans that point out the negative are still fans, too. I don't personally think this team is going to make it past round two (which, imo, should be an immediate termination for Cooper) but I'm sure as hell going to watch every single game and cheer for them to win.

Just because I don't think everything is roses and nothing is wrong doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan than you.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Absolutely, I notice it as well but I'm not gonna call people out on it. I'm not looking to start some war with either of you as well. Just saying lets all be friends, not attack each other. Its not called for.

People will come and vent or cheer or post whatever because anyone can post whatever they want. Don't attack or call someone out for it.

:)
There won't be enough parking lots in the world if we choke in the first round.

Reactions: Bolt 45 and RDTBay4

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Fair enough, do what you gotta do brother. Don't let the trolls get to you, most of them aren't even that good at it anyway. :laugh:
Why is someone a troll if they ****talk the team when the team is playing like ****? I sincerely don't get that at all. Right now, this team is ****. Plain and simple. Doesn't mean we don't still love 'em or don't hope they can turn it around when they need to. I don't think they can, but I sure hope I'm wrong.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Fans that point out the negative are still fans, too. I don't personally think this team is going to make it past round two (which, imo, should be an immediate termination for Cooper) but I'm sure as hell going to watch every single game and cheer for them to win.

Just because I don't think everything is roses and nothing is wrong doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan than you.

There are people who are pointing out the negative, like you, and then people who have their minds made up about how the game went before it even starts. I mean, you've watched the Boston game, there are some guys in here that'll look at the score, see we lost, and say we got "abused." It's just dumb sometimes.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
It'll be intetesting to see who starts in the last 3 games?

Vasi against Boston will be his last big test before playoffs.
Yeah, really. I'd give Domingue everything after Boston. We've essentially played yourself out of the driver's seat, so why worry about it? Leave it up to the hockey dice and just get ready for the playoffs. Vasy's says he's tired, so give him some time off.

That being said, I don't fault Coop's decision to keep playing him. Coop isn't perfect, but I don't doubt for a second that he has a better feel for his players than a lot of other coaches. I got the feeling, based on a few quotes, that he or the staff were just trying to gently push Vasy a little bit heading into the postseason. I mean, what are you gonna do? Goalies are headcases.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, really. I'd give Domingue everything after Boston. We've essentially played yourself out of the driver's seat, so why worry about it? Leave it up to the hockey dice and just get ready for the playoffs. Vasy's says he's tired, so give him some time off.

That being said, I don't fault Coop's decision to keep playing him. Coop isn't perfect, but I don't doubt for a second that he has a better feel for his players than a lot of other coaches. I got the feeling, based on a few quotes, that he or the staff were just trying to gently push Vasy a little bit heading into the postseason. I mean, what are you gonna do? Goalies are headcases.
The tricky thing is tho that we have a back-to-back to end the season so the extra game is the Boston game. I hope they start Dom against Boston on tuesday, maybe he's up for the challenge. We also don't know if Tukka will start (most likely) but maybe if he doesn't then Coop won't start Vasi as well

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I think it's funny that some fans actually post more about other fans than the team. That's funny. I guess they must feel it is better to put their head in the sand and lash out at others instead of believing the team is faltering badly. Some folks just have issue dealing with reality. I get it. No big deal.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
The tricky thing is tho that we have a back-to-back to end the season so the extra game is the Boston game. I hope they start Dom against Boston on tuesday, maybe he's up for the challenge. We also don't know if Tukka will start (most likely) but maybe if he doesn't then Coop won't start Vasi as well
I kind of wanna see how Dom would do against Boston. Let's just give Vasy some rest and see how it plays out at least we know we're going to the playoffs.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I think it's funny that some fans actually post more about other fans than the team. That's funny. I guess they must feel it is better to put their head in the sand and lash out at others instead of believing the team is faltering badly. Some folks just have issue dealing with reality. I get it. No big deal.
Funny ain't it?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Why is someone a troll if they ****talk the team when the team is playing like ****? I sincerely don't get that at all. Right now, this team is ****. Plain and simple. Doesn't mean we don't still love 'em or don't hope they can turn it around when they need to. I don't think they can, but I sure hope I'm wrong.

Some people just can't fathom that it's possible to play a good game and still lose. Like Boston. So they say we got "abused" and "dominated", when it was a game that was probably tilted more in our favor when it came to possession and chances. So it leads some to believe that they aren't actually watching, and that any criticisms they have are preconceived, for the sake of venting or complaining or whatever.

You've apparently played at a high level, so you should understand that hockey is probably one of the easiest sports to lose a game you, for lack of a better word, "deserved" to win. A strange concept for a lot of people. Doesn't mean you can't criticize, but why shouldn't you be contested if most people think what you're saying isn't accurate?

Last edited:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Hmm. Yeah, tricky. Truthfully, it almost doesn't matter. I want to beat Boston just for the psychological bump heading into the postseason, but they kind of deserve first after tonight. I'd be just fine with Domingue in net, and I actually hope we see Rask, too.

Coop should just make it a coinflip-at-gametime decision from here on out. He needs rest as much as anyone.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
We had our usual strong 2nd but so frustrating that it just wouldn’t go in. Similar to playoffs ups and downs and just hope we can trash this one and give the same effort next game, eventually our top line is going to get it going.

Reactions: Steazy Doo

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Some people just can't fathom that it's possible to play a good game and still lose. Like Boston. So they say we got "abused" and "dominated", when it was a game that was probably tilted more in our favor when it came to possession and chances. So it leads some to believe that they aren't actually watching, and that any criticisms they have are preconceived, for the sake of venting or complaining or whatever.

You've apparently played at a high level, so you should understand that hockey is probably one of the easiest sports to lose a game you, for lack of a better word, "deserved" to win. A strange concept for a lot of people. Doesn't mean you can't criticize, but why shouldn't you be contested if most people think what you're saying isn't accurate?
I don't disagree with anything you have written here. I guess it comes down to the manner in which one "contests", as I have well found out on this board.

And you are correct to say that hockey is a sport in which a team can play well and not be rewarded, maybe more so than any other major team sport, though I don't think that can be fairly said about TB over the past two months.

Last edited:

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
I actually think we would have a better chance in the playoffs with us not beating the Bruins the last 3 times going into the playoffs than beating them next time we play them. I think we would play better being the underdog and with a chip on our shoulders with something to prove.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
But it's out of our hands. At a certain point the complaining just becomes pointless, especially if it has no connection to what's actually happening on the ice. We played an even game against Boston, and we were better than Nashville tonight. The puck doesn't like us right now. Complaining won't change that.

And legitimate, thinly-veiled negativity before a game even starts is just weird. I mean, humor is one thing. As is sarcasm, as is resignation. But what I'm seeing is calculated. Just weird.

And most importantly, if this thing goes sideways on us, we'll have months to let it all out. But why think like that right now? We're gonna win this damn thing. Believe it and enjoy the ride.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I don't disagree with anything you have written here. I guess it comes down to the manner in which one "contests", as I have well found out on this board.

And you are correct to say that hockey is a sport in which a team can play well and not be rewarded, maybe more so than any other major team sport, though I don't think that can be fairly said about TB over the past two months.

You're right with that last line.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I wouldn't put Palat on the first PP the way he's been playing this year though. Not before Killorn anyway. I think he's been good in that role, he gets those loose pucks consistently. He's pretty good as a bumper for Kucherov when Kuch wants to use him.

He's inconsistent and has no finish, whatever he does on off the board doesn't outweight what he needs to do on it.

He's had 4 power play points in 67 games since his hot streak in October, that's a guy getting solid PP time at 2:52m per game. Time to try something else, there's no result over a significant time frame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad