Prospect Info: 39th Overall - Zach Ostapchuk (F)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Let me get this straight. You actually, wholeheartedly, believe that Josh Anderson is a better hockey player than Sean Couturier?
If you say yes, there's no need to go further.
Why is Philly such a mess with the number of good players they have had, it could be that some of there players are good regular season players but not playoff warriors. I think Anderson proved that he is a playoff warrior & score some of the most important goals at the most important time, these things matter & not just pts in the regular season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
uhhh no. Couturier was a near PPG center.
Remember in his draft yr how a number on this board were saying that Pageau outplayed him in the playoffs? The Sens didn't think enough of him to draft him & passed him for Ziggy. It makes me wonder about his character, his will to win, his drive & determination & whether he is just another skilled player who maybe doesn't work hard enough or do whatever it takes to win, maybe similar to L. Brown. I wanted them to draft him & wouldn't be against adding him, but I don't think he is their kind of player now.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Remember in his draft yr how a number on this board were saying that Pageau outplayed him in the playoffs? The Sens didn't think enough of him to draft him & passed him for Ziggy. It makes me wonder about his character, his will to win, his drive & determination & whether he is just another skilled player who maybe doesn't work hard enough or do whatever it takes to win, maybe similar to L. Brown. I wanted them to draft him & wouldn't be against adding him, but I don't think he is their kind of player now.

I don't think a Selke winner can be accused of not working hard. Couturier is awesome.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's also interesting that as expected our scouts not only talk to the coaches of these players, but they also talk to opposing coaches of the player to get their perspective of the player. Clearly their is a ton of work done by scouting staffs touching base with various people who know & have seen these kids play & put all that information together to acquire the best players they think can make their team better. They clearly do more work than we do in scouting every player they are interested in & do their due diligence to assure they believe they have the best player available for their team. And given this past yr it would make the most sense to talk to as many people as possible to come to a consensus.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I trust our scouts and this was the year to trust your scouts outside the 1st round because of the difficulty scouting players.

I also think character matters in the success of prospects. Guys in the first round have already developed their talent. Guys outside it need hard work and dedication to meet their potential.

I like the pick and he seems focused and ready to do his job.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad