Prospect Info: 39th Overall - Zach Ostapchuk (F)

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Remarkable pick then, completely worth the gamble.

Agreed. Sign me up for a big, speedy, skilled centre any day.

Found the quote from Ian’s recent article in case anyone was wondering:

“I’ve always been a natural centreman, so that’s where I feel more comfortable,” said Ostapchuk. “But playing in Vancouver the last two years, I’ve played a lot on the wing. So I do think that I can play both. I’m a very versatile player and it doesn’t matter where they put me, I can play.”

Senators NHL Draft notes: Why did their picks seem off the board? Did they consider a goalie at No. 10?

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Watching Ostuochuk his hilites look like Victor Lodin, a big winger that can turn his skates towards the net and has some finish

Onviously Mann loves those types of prospects, trying to find a Josh Anderson - could end up Alex Chiasson, or Colin Greening.

I know nothing about him but he looks way more skilled and fluid than either of a those guys

Reactions: Icelevel

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
Remember in his draft yr how a number on this board were saying that Pageau outplayed him in the playoffs? The Sens didn't think enough of him to draft him & passed him for Ziggy. It makes me wonder about his character, his will to win, his drive & determination & whether he is just another skilled player who maybe doesn't work hard enough or do whatever it takes to win, maybe similar to L. Brown. I wanted them to draft him & wouldn't be against adding him, but I don't think he is their kind of player now.

That was Jonathan Huberdeau, not Sean Couturier.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Really intriguing player. Seeing where he got picked it seems like a good guess he was a 1st rounder on our list

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Really intriguing player. Seeing where he got picked it seems like a good guess he was a 1st rounder on our list

He’ll have a monster season in the W and probably be on Canada’s world junior radar when that tournament try out is announced.

Mann is a genius at picking guys who are about to grow their game and earn valuable minutes on their teams (or PP or leadership roles)

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
He looks the part of a developing difference maker. May be a real steal if he continues this projection.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I have not seen enough obviously, but for some reason I got some Antoine Vermette vibes from the clips i watched.

Ostaochuk seems to have a much heavier stick and upright net drive, OStupchim reminds me of Jordan Staal and Vermette (great player) is Formenton

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This could be a bigger version of White & replacement down the road.
Ceiling - 2nd line Centre
Floor - 3rd line C/LW

All this damn advertising make articles so difficult to read these days. Marketing & advertising (corporate words for exaggerated lies) are everywhere & have permeated everything.

Zack Ostapchuk- 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile (thehockeywriters.com)
Prospect Profile: Zack Ostapchuk - DraftGeek
Zack Ostapchuk- 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile - newsmaxsport.com
Zack Ostapchuk is winning over teams ahead of NHL Draft: Barclay Parneta | The Province
Zack Ostapchuk Selected 39th Overall By the Ottawa Senators (vancouvergiants.com)

Reactions: Sweatred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->