Post-Game Talk: #38 | FLYERS (H) vs. Bruins (A) | Tuesday, Apr. 6, 2021

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I do think that since Morin has been in the lineup, we have had at least some more hitting/aggression in our game.

But man....last night there were multiple shifts where there were 5/6 stick checks going on when all someone had to do was take the body an separate the man from the puck. Morin has done that quite well, imo.

Can I also say...we saw how good Ghost was last night. He can have a big impact on the game on the 3rd pairing. He and Morin compliment each other nicely.

Morin has a 57.02 CF% since being recalled as a Dman
Ghst has a team best 64.74 during that time...despite a benching(dumb AV)

Side note...in the last 7 games, only 1 player has played at least 2 games and has a CF% under 50%...Farabee at a team worst 45.95%. Tanny is at 50%....then JVR at 55.19%

So Farabee is like 10% below all the "regular" Flyer forwards in CF and also has the worst xGF% during that time. SO maybe being in the doghouse is warranted.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I can easily see Fletcher f*** the expansion up by protecting the wrong players, not selling braun/laughton, making a stupid trade deadline deal, and overpaying for a shitty top 4 defender
iu

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I do think that since Morin has been in the lineup, we have had at least some more hitting/aggression in our game.

But man....last night there were multiple shifts where there were 5/6 stick checks going on when all someone had to do was take the body an separate the man from the puck. Morin has done that quite well, imo.

Can I also say...we saw how good Ghost was last night. He can have a big impact on the game on the 3rd pairing. He and Morin compliment each other nicely.

Side note...in the last 7 games, only 1 player has played at least 2 games and has a CF% under 50%...Farabee at a team worst 45.95%. Tanny is at 50%....then JVR at 55.19%

So Farabee is like 10% below all the "regular" Flyer forwards in CF and also has the worst xGF% during that time. SO maybe being in the doghouse is warranted.
Yeah you can definitely see them playing with a bit more jam with Morin in the lineup. Guys are playing a bit bigger which was missing. Who would have thought, right? I heard size and brute force was a relic of the past and all you need is a team full of fast skating skill guys. Morin does do a great job of fending guys off and using his reach. Something which Myers has stopped doing since early this season. Which makes me think he’s also playing injured.

Reactions: deadhead and Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah you can definitely see them playing with a bit more jam with Morin in the lineup. Guys are playing a bit bigger which was missing. Who would have thought, right? I heard size and brute force was a relic of the past and all you need is a team full of fast skating skill guys. Morin does do a great job of fending guys off and using his reach. Something which Myers has stopped doing since early this season. Which makes me think he’s also playing injured.
yeah it would not surprise he if his rib is still an issue...but I hope it's not AV "coaching" it out of him.

Still has lots of brain farts that have nothing to do with his ribs though.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
yeah it would not surprise he if his rib is still an issue...but I hope it's not AV "coaching" it out of him.

Totally agree with Myers and the rib injury. The same goes for Couturier and his hip problem affecting his play. It should all come out after the season is over as to who has been injured and who was sick and how much this affected their play. AV is not the greatest of coaches but still the talent on this roster should easily have taken them into the POs. I have to believe that a bunch of these guys have been walking wounded for a while.

Reactions: deadhead and Tripod

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

Yeah, those occasional glaring mistakes were there last season too. That’s just been Myers so far in his career. It’s just that he was less tentative and more physically engaged, including with his stick and definitely wasn’t as easily overpowered in his own zone. He also can’t seem to hit anything with his shot anymore when last year, he at least popped in a few goals. I still see the top 4 potential. Just have to be patient with him.

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sometimes players take things into their own hands. What’s AV going to do? Bench them? There probably are some guys who would welcome that over playing wussified hockey. AV isn’t out there taking crap from the opposition while the officials look the other way.
The season is over. The best thing left for the guys to do is play for each other’s respect. The rest of the stuff is out of their hands and doesn’t matter as much.

Yes. He benches them. Maybe he demands they be traded.

All of his teams are soft. Always. The player rebellions don't occur.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Totally agree with Myers and the rib injury. The same goes for Couturier and his hip problem affecting his play. It should all come out after the season is over as to who has been injured and who was sick and how much this affected their play. AV is not the greatest of coaches but still the talent on this roster should easily have taken them into the POs. I have to believe that a bunch of these guys have been walking wounded for a while.
These forums have a tendency to exaggerate the hell out of everything to prop up their bias. Agree that AV is not a good coach, but he’s not awful either. This team, in a normal season with less injuries and even average goaltending, is playoffs bound.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
These forums have a tendency to exaggerate the hell out of everything to prop up their bias. Agree that AV is not a good coach, but he’s not awful either. This team, in a normal season with less injuries and even average goaltending, is playoffs bound.

Making your own reality is still not reality my friend

Reactions: DaphneLion

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

AV is an expert at taking one of his best young players and crushing their confidence into smithereens. He did nothing to enter the doghouse and his numbers have gone down since as a result of playing with inferior players and fewer minutes.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
AV is an expert at taking one of his best young players and crushing their confidence into smithereens. He did nothing to enter the doghouse and his numbers have gone down since as a result of playing with inferior players and fewer minutes.

Farabee, you are our top goal scorers, but you stink kid. Now I will promote someone playing worse than you, BOOM, Motivation.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I think if I’m Morin, and the game is out of hand, as cliche as it is, I go right after Marchand and pound his face in. Suspension be damned. He’d be an instant fan favorite around the league.

The knuckle-dragger part of my hockey persona agrees with you and would love to see that. But Morin has to think about his career and paycheques. He has already missed so many games that going out and getting sat down for multiple games while he is on the upswing won't help him. There are, of course, other ways to get frustrations out; nobody has to go out of their way.

I do have to say that, in line with my earlier conversation-provoking question, that was a great hit by JvR that we rarely see from him or from most anyone in the present roster. He got Smith cleanly and knocked him on his back.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

sadly, Hogg is gunna be Morins partner..best be ready for it...

AV loves that plug

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Hart is still leaky. He cost the Flyers against Boston this year including last night (could not make a big save). That is the difference of being ahead of Boston and now way behind them.
You mean the one timer by Pasternak, crease to crease.

That big save?

Hart gave up a breakaway to one of the best forwards in the league, a back door tap in and a shot from 10 feet out, unscreened in the slot.

Some of you "fans" are so far out it's unreal

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
The knuckle-dragger part of my hockey persona agrees with you and would love to see that. But Morin has to think about his career and paycheques. He has already missed so many games that going out and getting sat down for multiple games while he is on the upswing won't help him. There are, of course, other ways to get frustrations out; nobody has to go out of their way.

I do have to say that, in line with my earlier conversation-provoking question, that was a great hit by JvR that we rarely see from him or from most anyone in the present roster. He got Smith cleanly and knocked him on his back.

It was pretty amusing to see Miller calling Morin a “f-ing joke” while he had the ref in between him and Sam. He’d eat Miller alive.

Agreed though. Sam should watch out and be smart and pick his battles. You don’t want his career getting further derailed. And I also enjoy the fact he’s a relative unknown in this league. Not many players know what he’s capable of. Even setting his size aside for a second, you can tell he’s just a naturally strong kid. Some legendary French-Canadian lumberjack or coureur des bois genes.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I don't buy that injuries are the reason we aren't in the playoffs, not one bit. We are one of the deepest teams for a damn reason..so we don't have to pin it on this lame excuse. The freaking pens lost a top 6 center and are winning with McCann as his replacement.

The bottom line is that AV/Therrien didn't put players in a position to succeed from DAY ONE. Every single pp setup was a disaster. With no practice and no training camp, these fools decided to try everything brand new. The lines for EV and PP were a disaster every month until now, they never tried to change the way we played after getting blown out (usually coaches play ultra-defensive the game after), and the result was the young players all playing like crap. The young players definitely haven't stepped it up but this is a major reason. Tk just doesn't play well with hayes and he is finally playing so much better on a great line, for example.

Also, whoever is in charge of the pk duties needs to be gone ASAP. We cannot be this inconsistent year after year after year and expect to win in the end. We need a complete overhaul adjustment in special teams

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
What will be interesting is the next Bruins game, if the Flyers are further behind at that point in a few days, I'd be wary of stepping on the ice if I were certain Bruin players.
you would? If I was a bruin I wouldn't be in the slightest. Last game was the first time I saw players play mad all year long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad