Post-Game Talk: #38 | FLYERS (H) vs. Bruins (A) | Tuesday, Apr. 6, 2021

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
its amazing we managed to find another coach as bad as Hakstool..

typical Flyers..

Vigneault is dogshit. We have watched these guys under back to back regimes of coaches that seemingly sap all emotion out of the game. It’s such a robotic feel with this team. It’s why Morin, who isn’t anything special is at least refreshing.

Know what though? This utter embarrassment this season is on the players too. Those f***ers can own it as well. One playoff win in 8 years.

The coaches suck. They do, but this organization overrates its talent as well.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Vigneault is dogshit. We have watched these guys under back to back regimes of coaches that seemingly sap all emotion out of the game. It’s such a robotic feel with this team. It’s why Morin, who isn’t anything special is at least refreshing.

Know what though? This utter embarrassment this season is on the players too. Those f***ers can own it as well. One playoff win in 8 years.

The longer Morin lives under AV the more boring he will get.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

my god...1 win in 8 years. pitiful

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
my god...1 win in 8 years. pitiful

That’s the thing. I’m as anti Vigneault as one could get.

It’s beyond just coaching though. There isn’t a guy out there that is Cinderella waiting for the Flyers to put on the magical slipper. The odds of finding someone like that are low.

An improvement behind the bench would definitely help things, but I have zero loyalty to Hextall’s Mensa crew of “200 foot hockey iq ”youngsters. The talent is lacking too.

Maybe this team has struggled for what seems like a decade because relying on what’s generally secondary talent compared to the rest of the league is a foolish strategy. Maybe they run so hot and cold because they rely on hot streaks of secondary players to carry the club.

Coaching sucks and needs to be addressed, but it’s not just them either.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
That’s the thing. I’m as anti Vigneault as one could get.

It’s beyond just coaching though. There isn’t a guy out there that is Cinderella waiting for the Flyers to put on the magical slipper. The odds of finding someone like that are low.

An improvement behind the bench would definitely help things, but I have zero loyalty to Hextall’s Mensa crew of “200 foot hockey iq ”youngsters. The talent is lacking too.

Maybe this team has struggled for what seems like a decade because relying on what’s generally secondary talent compared to the rest of the league is a foolish strategy. Maybe they run so hot and cold because they rely on hot streaks of secondary players to carry the club.

Coaching sucks and needs to be addressed, but it’s not just them either.
well we also were so damn unlucky with Patrick and now frost missing almost 2 years of development combined. We all thought that winning the 2nd overall was going to take our team to the next step because we were in absolute limbo back then (and apparently still are). We were beginning the hexy retool and that + the 2nd was supposed to take us over the top (which it would have given we got petterson, heiskanen, makar). Once that didn't work out, we signed hayes.

the fact that we are watching the f***ing islanders and penguins play so well makes it 100X worse. Also, the rangers have more talent than we do in the future holy f***. Laferniere, kakko, Lundqvist, miller, kravstov..

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is cheating.
giphy.gif

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
now that the season is over. let myers get healthy/rest. give me :

Provorov-York
Sanheim-Zamula
Morin-Ghost

Maybe let wisdom or allison play a game against the devils

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I normally first to post about that and agree , but tonight the 2nd and 3rd goals have to be saved by a kid that should be a top 5 goalie. They were 5 star chances (thanks Hayes for the 2nd goal against!) but in between the legs.... have to save those

Where are people getting top 5 goalie from? The kid is still 22 with less then 100 games played, playing behind an absolute dumpster of a defense. He also made a couple of 10 bell saves last night but people are acting like he had a trash game because he got scored on by a top 20 finisher on a 2 on 1 and that he didn't control a rebound after a screened tipped shot that went right too another top line player who was wide open in front of the net. Even the other goal had a top line player right in the slot totally unchecked because Hayes had followed Laughton up the length of the ice on a PK and was late getting back.

He also stopped Pasta on a two on one, Bergeron a few other times when he was unchecked in the slot, Pasta on the turnover that led to a total uncontested shot after a cross seem pass, there was another beuin sprung for a partial break at the end of the game too.

Its another game where the Flyers gave up more top quality chances then the Bruins did. Hell just go look at the highlights. The only premium chances the Flyers had that didn't go in or hit a post were the Patrick partial break away and the Farabee tip. Everything else was from the outside or the player is contested before they get a clean opportunity.

It doesn't matter who is in net right now with the sort of opportunities being surrendered.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Where are people getting top 5 goalie from? The kid is still 22 with less then 100 games played, playing behind an absolute dumpster of a defense. He also made a couple of 10 bell saves last night but people are acting like he had a trash game because he got scored on by a top 20 finisher on a 2 on 1 and that he didn't control a rebound after a screened tipped shot that went right too another top line player who was wide open in front of the net. Even the other goal had a top line player right in the slot totally unchecked because Hayes had followed Laughton up the length of the ice on a PK and was late getting back.

He also stopped Pasta on a two on one, Bergeron a few other times when he was unchecked in the slot, Pasta on the turnover that led to a total uncontested shot after a cross seem pass, there was another beuin sprung for a partial break at the end of the game too.

Its another game where the Flyers gave up more top quality chances then the Bruins did. Hell just go look at the highlights. The only premium chances the Flyers had that didn't go in or hit a post were the Patrick partial break away and the Farabee tip. Everything else was from the outside or the player is contested before they get a clean opportunity.

It doesn't matter who is in net right now with the sort of opportunities being surrendered.
thank you

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

i don’t disagree with you, the loss wasn’t on Hart, but I’d like to point out the 3 or 4 golden chances that Laughton had on his own. If these guys could finish, they would have been up by 3 goals at the end of the 2nd.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Gee, guess I didn't see TK get stoned or miss an open net when the puck bounced over his stick.
Flyers had their share of dangerous shots, they misfired on a few, the Bruins goalie stood on his head for a few.

The goalies buried the Flyers this season, just like 2018-19, when you look at the metrics in the 25 games since the COVID break, you'd figure they'd have something like a 14-8-3 record or better, .560 win %. 22-11-5 or 49 points. That would have them 1 point behind the Pens. Instead, the season is over.

The Flyers don't give up a ridiculous amount of HD chances, the one flaw is they don't put bodies on people around the net.
But we've seen the last few games that when the goalies are average or better, this team can compete against anyone.
But you can't give up 4+ goals and expect to win many games.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
i don’t disagree with you, the loss wasn’t on Hart, but I’d like to point out the 3 or 4 golden chances that Laughton had on his own. If these guys could finish, they would have been up by 3 goals at the end of the 2nd.

Yeah Laughton had a few good chances but the ones I remember there was always some sort of back checking pressure in him. Even on his break way I remember him having a bruin tight on his ass. That like 3 or 4 feet difference between feeling some back pressure or being wide open make a huge, huge difference in the quality of the scoring chance.

Look at Ghosts goal, if he has a defender just a few feet closer to him he doesn't have time to step into an open lane and locate his shot into the top part of the net. That half a second makes all the difference in the world.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Gee, guess I didn't see TK get stoned or miss an open net when the puck bounced over his stick.
Flyers had their share of dangerous shots, they misfired on a few, the Bruins goalie stood on his head for a few.

The goalies buried the Flyers this season, just like 2018-19, when you look at the metrics in the 25 games since the COVID break, you'd figure they'd have something like a 14-8-3 record or better, .560 win %. 22-11-5 or 49 points. That would have them 1 point behind the Pens. Instead, the season is over.

The Flyers don't give up a ridiculous amount of HD chances, the one flaw is they don't put bodies on people around the net.
But we've seen the last few games that when the goalies are average or better, this team can compete against anyone.

I hear what you are saying and totally disagree. The only person on the team who did not bury this season is equipment manager. Everyone else is culpable from goalies all the way to GM. The goalies have not been close to be stellar or good, but the entire team has played like they don't need to defend.
in 60-70s Brazilian national soccer team strategy was- "it does not matter how many you score- we will score more". They did not pay attention to defense or goalkeeping- they had menacing attack. Yeh, Flyers adopted just the first part of this strategy.

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

Whaaaaaat lol...i give up. Every HD scoring chance we give up is a goal. On the opposite end, every high danger chance we have is NEVER on net lmao. Huge difference deadhead

Reactions: Rebels57

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Yeah Laughton had a few good chances but the ones I remember there was always some sort of back checking pressure in him. Even on his break way I remember him having a bruin tight on his ass. That like 3 or 4 feet difference between feeling some back pressure or being wide open make a huge, huge difference in the quality of the scoring chance.

Look at Ghosts goal, if he has a defender just a few feet closer to him he doesn't have time to step into an open lane and locate his shot into the top part of the net. That half a second makes all the difference in the world.
That's current flyers- a 1/2 foot pass inaccuracy, a 1/2 inch shot inaccuracy, 1/2 second behind on many plays giving an opposition time to readjust, regroup, retake the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad