Post-Game Talk: #38 | FLYERS (H) vs. Bruins (A) | Tuesday, Apr. 6, 2021

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Volleyball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hockey
5d18470d78280ab9492e4546164fa62f82a72738.gifv

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I think AV has done a worse job coaching this season than any Flyers coach in history.

Edit: Maybe Cashman was worse.
In my Flyer fandom time, I have lower opinions of Cashman, Barber, Ramsey, Dineen, and Hakstol in certain seasons. A lot of good rosters have been torpedoed by bad coaches in Philly.

Dineen was the only one without a good team, but he was rudderless in his time with the Flyers.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In my Flyer fandom time, I have lower opinions of Cashman, Barber, Ramsey, Dineen, and Hakstol in certain seasons. A lot of good rosters have been torpedoed by bad coaches in Philly.

Dineen was the only one without a good team, but he was rudderless in his time with the Flyers.

At least Cashman had the wherewithal to resign.

Ramsay actually did a pretty good job from what I remember but I think he had a falling out with Clarke.

Some historical perspective..

RAMSAY THROWN OVERBOARD BY FLYERS, BUT WHAT ABOUT BOB?

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Where are people getting top 5 goalie from? The kid is still 22 with less then 100 games played, playing behind an absolute dumpster of a defense. He also made a couple of 10 bell saves last night but people are acting like he had a trash game because he got scored on by a top 20 finisher on a 2 on 1 and that he didn't control a rebound after a screened tipped shot that went right too another top line player who was wide open in front of the net. Even the other goal had a top line player right in the slot totally unchecked because Hayes had followed Laughton up the length of the ice on a PK and was late getting back.

He also stopped Pasta on a two on one, Bergeron a few other times when he was unchecked in the slot, Pasta on the turnover that led to a total uncontested shot after a cross seem pass, there was another beuin sprung for a partial break at the end of the game too.

Its another game where the Flyers gave up more top quality chances then the Bruins did. Hell just go look at the highlights. The only premium chances the Flyers had that didn't go in or hit a post were the Patrick partial break away and the Farabee tip. Everything else was from the outside or the player is contested before they get a clean opportunity.

It doesn't matter who is in net right now with the sort of opportunities being surrendered.
Last night we had more High end scoring chances then the last 5+ games combined. Difference is we missed the net on 80% of those chances. It was ridiculous! Just to be clear I'm on here everyday defending Hart from others but he needs to come up with one of those 2 saves last night. He did make some great saves and the players lost us the game because they could not finish. We literally should've scored 6+ last night if our guys could've hit the net... was sick..

Reactions: flyerslducks

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This makes all your posts from Hak's last season look weird.

I didn't think anyone could top Hakstol (again except maybe Cashman).

AV has managed to do everything as bad or worse than Hak this season. The lineup decisions are as bad, the system is worse, and he's thrown players under the bus to exonerate himself at every turn.

Is what it is.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If the lineups were as bad, Andreoff would be a regular like Lehtera was under Hak.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They’d probably make the playoffs with average goaltending. So in that sense they would in theory at least get some chance. But they’d have to improve in other areas still if they wanted to have a chance at winning it all. The 5v5 play has been average & the special teams are just horrible especially the PK.

Goaltending obviously been their biggest issue this year but that’s not say there aren’t others on a team that should be better than this even with that. Blame who you want but it is what it is. It shouldn’t be like this even taking the caveat of horrible goaltending out of the equation.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Problems with this team this year

1) coaching
2) goaltending
3) rest of the roster

Big changes aren’t needed

I tend to think thats how Fletcher will see things, although likely pointing blame at the goalies first and foremost. Excuses will be made to it being a covid year.

I understand the premise of giving them more or less another chance next season, something I wouldn't entertain myself. I'd maximize Couturier's trade value at the draft or in the off-season.

We disagree here, I understand.:naughty:

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I tend to think thats how Fletcher will see things, although likely pointing blame at the goalies first and foremost. Excuses will be made to it being a covid year.

I understand the premise of giving them more or less another chance next season, something I wouldn't entertain myself. I'd maximize Couturier's trade value at the draft or in the off-season.

I guarantee you Fletcher isn’t blaming the coaches lol

Reactions: renberg

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I guarantee you Fletcher isn’t blaming the coaches lol

Yeah that’s what I mean. It’s going to be goaltending at reason one. It’s up there but Hart was kind of like that kid getting real time PTSD in saving private Ryan.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Might be more likely he blames Ghost for Harts struggles ;)

Ghost would be a guy I’d keep through the initial years of the Renaissance. That lack of identity comment was amazing and an attitude I’d like to keep around.

We have gone through the dark ages, and after a French Revolution of sorts, the promise land awaits.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I would bet JVR was happy to tie down two Bruins doing nothing productive.

If Hayes runs in he ends up in the box anyway.

wasn’t it JVR who got tangled with Chara a few weeks ago. There was another player on that as well and the Caps scored shortly after?
This team isn’t good enough to do dumb shit and take bad penalties and get away with it.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017

Actually I agree. Couturier's net contract is going to be massive and long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad