Post-Game Talk: #38: FLYERS 1 at Hurricanes 3, Monday, Dec. 31, 2018, 6:00 pm ET

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
3t9m.gif

AJvn.gif

Dunno cannot stop laughing looool

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I had the best pepper steak at the Chinese buffet on Christmas. I'm not a steak guy, and this wasn't actually "a steak," of course, but it was ****ing great.
I just noticed your location. I didn't want to say anything, but an American Chinese buffet sounds depressing as hell for xmas :laugh:

I imagine there's a slight upgrade in quality and/or atmosphere in actual Asia.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
yea he really does need to go elsewere to get a chance at a cup..

its simply never happening during his career yrs left here

Gonna be like Kimmo:( happy to see him win a cup but wasn’t with us cuz we suck and have the worst luck of all-time. Wouldn’t be philly if Patty Kane didn’t put the dagger in our hearts.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I'm not there anymore, I'm back in St. Louis, but I do like American Chinese food better than Chinese Chinese food.
Kind of a complicated issue. The authentic stuff ie in NYC Chinatown is so different from what we're all used to. But like it better or worse (worse, for me), they of course treat you lower than shit especially if it's your first time there. I'm real curious what it's like in China/Japan, especially given what a study in contrasts it already is here.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
This team can’t win the games they are supposed to and they can’t handle those losses. I was thinking this was a loss. They actually scored 1 more than I thought they would.

It’ll be tough to get Hughes but if G goes down it’s a lock for the 31st spot. Imagine this team without G. It’s actaully a little terrifying to think about

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Kind of a complicated issue. The authentic stuff ie in NYC Chinatown is so different from what we're all used to. But like it better or worse (worse, for me), they of course treat you lower than **** especially if it's your first time there. I'm real curious what it's like in China/Japan, especially given what a study in contrasts it already is here.

I was in Thailand for six years, but I never sat down at a Chinese place. There was one close to the apartment I lived in the first year I was there, but there were ducks hanging from the rafters and I am totally against eating ducks. For one thing, they taste like rubber to me, but more importantly, I grew up loving Daffy Duck in cartoons and actual ducks in real life, because I think they are hilarious, so seeing their carcasses hanging there made me sad.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I was in Thailand for six years, but I never sat down at a Chinese place. There was one close to the apartment I lived in the first year I was there, but there were ducks hanging from the rafters and I am totally against eating ducks. For one thing, they taste like rubber to me, but more importantly, I grew up loving Daffy Duck in cartoons and actual ducks in real life, because I think they are hilarious, so seeing their carcasses hanging there made me sad.

I’m genuinely jealous you lived in Thailand for 6 years, I’ve spent about 6 months there haha.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Isles win again. 8 youngsters that wouldn’t make the fancy stat top 20 prospects for our Philadelphia flyers. Surrounded by some great vets though. Boychuk leddy komorov filpula. Greiss and Lehner

They also have a very good coach who gets the most out of his players.

Reactions: Foggy14

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
blaming hart really jj?

wheres the compete from the last game and into this game, none freaking idiot im sick of this commentating, stop blaming one guy and it's the whole team.

They were awful tonight when talking about Hart. Yeah, he had a bad game, but the team didn’t show up either. They were never that critical with Neuvirth and Elliott

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
True and random story: my daughter and I were in an EB Games today (yesterday) and noticed that the Funko figures were on special. Plus, they had a Claude Giroux among the 4 NHL figures. I was going to buy it but while we were looking for another to go with it for the special, a woman came by and bought it. Remember, I live in the greater Montreal area. I was too proud to feel loss.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
Great Game

With losses like these all the hopes of playoffs are dwindling really fast. The numbers are starting to look really bad...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad