Prospect Info: #36OA - Hurricanes Select G Pyotr Kochetkov

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We are jumping well ahead based on 10 AHL starts but.....

A guy like Jake Allen would be the type of guy we would give a decent 2 year deal. Capable starter that will put up pretty good numbers and will turn 35 at the end of the deal.

plenty of older goalies who may or may not take a slightly overpriced 1 year deal to bridge the gap. Maybe Stolarz if he continues his strong play over next season. although if he plays well, some goalie starved team will overpay to get him.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Well Freddie will be 34 when he signs a new deal. Yes he's big and has solid positioning, but he is effective because of his athleticism. The idea that we'll be able to get somebody to take him off of our hands later in his contract is problematic. If he'd accept another 2 year deal, then I'd be down with that, but Antti would be cheaper and still a good mentor. Aging goalies just scare me from an injury perspective. So I'd rather pay less than more.....but who knows how it will shake out.
You don't let true #1 goalie walk away if there isn't clear replacement when your window is wide open. A new guy needs to usurp that #1 position. If that happens then just ship Freddy and his deal away. If he keeps his performance level high, that's great!

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
You don't let true #1 goalie walk away if there isn't clear replacement when your window is wide open. A new guy needs to usurp that #1 position. If that happens then just ship Freddy and his deal away. If he keeps his performance level high, that's great!
This front office doesn't toe the traditional line. I'm not saying let Freddie go, I'm saying be wary of any multi-year deal. I think we'll keep one of the two of our existing tenders and have Makiniemi and Kochetkov battle for the back up position in 23-24.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This front office doesn't toe the traditional line. I'm not saying let Freddie go, I'm saying be wary of any multi-year deal. I think we'll keep one of the two of our existing tenders and have Makiniemi and Kochetkov battle for the back up position in 23-24.
I thought you were high on Altshuller? Is he still in the mix?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I thought you were high on Altshuller? Is he still in the mix?
80355676.jpg

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
11-0-1 with a 0.935 SV% so far in North America. f***ing monster.

Not 1.000, bum

Wasn't his SV% 0.938 just a couple games ago? Dropping like a rock, trade him for some pucks* before he completely loses all value!

* I see no reason to kill him as long as we can get something in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00