Prospect Info: #36OA - Hurricanes Select G Pyotr Kochetkov

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
6'3 goalie, played with Sochi (KHL) and Ryazan (VHL) this past year, has been acquired by SKA St Petersburg

Was dominant in the WJC
Ryazan: 18GP 2.13GAA, .930%
Russia U-20: 5GP 1.45GAA, .953%

HP scout comment:
"Even though Jones has the superior athletic trait I look for, Kochetkov has a rare set of mental tools that put him ahead of Jones athletic traits"

Crazy Russian Goalie!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
Love that we used a somewhat high pick on a goalie. We had enough picks to be aggressive in trying to find blue chip goalie prospect.

Yeah! Last summer in some discussions here i was pretty much putting effort to show statistics that high goalie picks are not more "lottory" than other players...or actually even outside top 3OV or at least top 10OV they seem to be even less lottory opposite to a common thinking of many.

So I do believe there is high change here to have future nhl goalie.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I've read a lot about Kochetkov but video is hard to find. In what I could find he looks aggressive and has some of the sharpest reaction time I've ever seen in a goalie. He sets and reacts to plays in a nanosecond. Like a bear trap going off on a gram of pressure.

That top-10 WJC play is bananas. He made the first kick save, processed the rebound trajectory, and swung his back leg up to make the second save in a heartbeat. That is an elite level of awareness, creativity, and agility that is rare. Especially for a guy who is 6'3".

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00