Prospect Info: #36OA - Hurricanes Select G Pyotr Kochetkov

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If we can get a hold of the Metro lead late, I would love to bring Kochetkov up for one game. Although it is unlikely to happen due to cap issues and we can’t waive anyone at this point.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
If we can get a hold of the Metro lead late, I would love to bring Kochetkov up for one game. Although it is unlikely to happen due to cap issues and we can’t waive anyone at this point.
Could put Kotkaniemi on IR to open a roster spot right?

And there's still $2.3M in LTIR space; should be plenty to call up Kochetkov for a spot start if they want.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Remember at the beginning of this season when he got lit up and we were all so down that he was another goalie bust? And at the same time we were super-excitied about and wanting to sight Lafontaine after his huge season last year? My how the turn-tables!

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Remember at the beginning of this season when he got lit up and we were all so down that he was another goalie bust? And at the same time we were super-excitied about and wanting to sight Lafontaine after his huge season last year? My how the turn-tables!
Yeah his start to the season in the K was disastrous, so glad he quickly turned it around, grabbed hold of that starting job for Torpedo and is now lighting it up in the A. So excited about this kid.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Didn't know they made them for cats
They make everything for cats:

1649092565582.jpeg

Reactions: Tryamw

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
My Prior cat was diabetic but we didn't have to get the blood sugar just gave 1 or 2 units of Lantus twice a day...
Freestyle Libre right? (Or it's cousin)
One time popping one on dad It bled like I hit a vein.. just kept oozing (He's on blood thinners so :( )
You are correct. That is for my mother's cat.

Reactions: Tryamw

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I’d be shocked if they let Andersen go and kept Raanta. Raanta has been good but Father Time has not been good to Father Finn. Waddel has said more than once that he wished they signed Freddie to a longer contract. Use next year to get the young guys reps when Father Finn or Freddie are inevitably injured then resign Freddie and use Petr or Makiniemi as the backup.
Well Freddie will be 34 when he signs a new deal. Yes he's big and has solid positioning, but he is effective because of his athleticism. The idea that we'll be able to get somebody to take him off of our hands later in his contract is problematic. If he'd accept another 2 year deal, then I'd be down with that, but Antti would be cheaper and still a good mentor. Aging goalies just scare me from an injury perspective. So I'd rather pay less than more.....but who knows how it will shake out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad