Post-Game Talk: #36: FLYERS at Lightning, Thursday, Dec. 27, 2018, 7:30 pm ET

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I am not saying they are... but if we decide to make a move get a solid vet via trade... and if we are not doing that than do nothing. Let Myers play where he is and hope for Morin speedy recovery. It is what it is..
Eh, I would just play the players they feel can win us games. If they feel like it’s Myers, rookie or not, play him.

Lo and behold though, they want to keep using the same exact 6 and pray it works

Reactions: DaphneLion

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
3 nhl and I believe 2 in juniors or what I remember. That’s bad. He’s starting to look like a player whose floor is now his ceiling. 3rd line center that can chip in some offense. Hopefully I am early calling him.

Where are you getting those numbers from? In Junior his injuries were to his core. In the NHL he had one last year against Anaheim.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I think they will move(as in trade) Simmonds.... that is why he is on top PP and is not moved down the line.
Simmonds used to be my favorite flyer when I really got into hockey.

I never liked the idea of jettisoning a fan favorite on a beautiful contract.

I think his play style really caught up. He does need to go.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Eh, I would just play the players they feel can win us games. If they feel like it’s Myers, rookie or not, play him.

Lo and behold though, they want to keep using the same exact 6 and pray it works
I hear you but not on D. Games will get tougher in the end... I do not mind him getting a few games but not full time..

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It’s possoble he could’ve. I may be wrong about the fight, but watch it on YouTube and watch as soon as Cirelli is in the ice. He clocks Patrick and as he skates off the ice he doesn’t skate like a normal player after a fight. His face also looks distant.

It may not have been bad at all, but getting bumped after getting your head hit is really jarring. It knocks you right off balance.

It could be a maintenance day or not even that. Could be precautionary. It’s also possible that it was from the Palat collision. There just wasn’t anything there to indicate it was from that other than Patrick going to a knee, but that looked like he couldn’t keep his balance.

Maintenance days don’t have anything to do with concussions.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Just came across AMac's playlist on Spotify and it all makes sense now. It consists of just one song:

I think he means it partly as a tribute to Neuvirth as well. Didn't know AMac looked at Neuvirth in that way.

Idea for an AMac tribute video after his final game (torturing us) as a Flyer: A montage set to this song of his all time great blunders and starfishes, interspersed with footage of various Neuvirth injuries. Bonus points if the Neuvirth injury is the result of an AMac starfish.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Panarin s cap hit next years will be less than Jakes and Weise.

And holy f*** check out the Riddick save on little

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I mean I just hope for Provorov and Gostisbehere to get their game back... you want to add another rookie to this team on D? I mean, what is rookie going to do?
A. He can't be any worse than 47

B. They aren't making the playoffs. Might as well get a kid like him who appears to be ready, some NHL experience and evaluate him.

Reactions: DaphneLion

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Could it simply be that Farmer is just a really good guy and so likeable ?

Or are Hexy, Fletch, Hak, and Gordon are complete buffoons ?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It’s amazing to see how deep Tampa is. If we were to become that good we’d have to keep up production of the older guys. Have Frost and several rookies hit 100%. Hit on all the D. Hit on Hart. Then hope they take a discount to compete with the tax advantage in Florida.

I’m amazed Killorn starts OT for them with all their stars.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
2EBB346C-0A5D-49B9-BE47-1F5D674DC5F3.gif
That’s all I got to say...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Speaking of great players, Kucherov was unreal tonight. If he actually steps it up in crunch time in the playoffs this year, I really cant imagine Tampa Bay NOT going to the Finals.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’m amazed Killorn starts OT for them with all their stars.

We had the perfect match-up to be honest..but in 3v3 you have to treat the puck like its your 1st born infant because most NHL players can turn a neutral zone turnover into a high-danger scoring chance with that much space. Giroux treated that puck like a dumpster-baby instead.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Could it simply be that Farmer is just a really good guy and so likeable ?

Or are Hexy, Fletch, Hak, and Gordon are complete buffoons ?
Maybe they are waiting for Morin... and let Myers stay in AHL. Evaluate Morin on this shitty PK.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Waive Farmer
Trade Simmer
Explore a Jake trade
Play Oskar and TK more

I think Jake's time is up. Great player but if one of the core goes it likely will be him. He's a great player and likely will help a team (aka a Hossa) win it all. However he's not a true star player that can carry a team more like the 3rd wheel on a great team (like Hossa and Kessel).

I think people on the board have been giving Couts a pass this year. Provy and Couts (both great players) have had really rough seasons defensively. Couts had made a number of gaffes this season that have cost us goals and games. No pre season and the injury set him back but its a big reason we've struggled imo.

Great comeback its unfortunate that we continue to give prime scoring chances up in bundles almost every game. Every game opponents just sit alone in the slot...its crazy. Good point hopefully they can continue their great performances of late but no goalie can make saves on the 5 star chances they give up every game

Reactions: TheKingPin

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I dont think we are far behind. Tampa definitely has a lot of good skaters who can handle the puck, and thats what makes their team really good. The Flyers replace guys likes Weise, Simmonds, Macdonald, and Hagg (at least 3 out of those 4) and then they are looking like the good team. Well, the goalie situation has to be worked on as well, but Hart hopefully is that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad