GDT: #35| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | December 17th | 7:00pm | F/SOL 3-2

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
it really is as simple as this.

yeah, Snow might fall and crack his head open. but he may be replaced Ricky Dipietro, so watch what you wish for... ;)

the thing they understand the most is $$. do not spend $ the team until changes are made

I'm willing to take that chance;)

At the end of the game I had two thoughts in the span of 2 seconds. The first was

1)Ah damn, guess Nabby wasn't meant to get a shutout tonight
2)Oh crap I've seen this before, it's going to OT.

That crap at the end of the game was inexcusable. Yea it's a goalmouth scramble but you don't abandon tampa players to just into the crease. If they just stayed calm and picked up the guys in front Nabby would've recovered instead of being hindered by his own team.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
It's a real shame to waste a great effort like last night's game by forgetting how to play in the last 5 minutes of the third.

Long-time jets fans will remember how, and I think it started during the late 80s, the jets would build a big lead and go into the "prevent defense," which often led to them losing games in the 4th quarter.

The Isles went soft when the lightening started to turn it on in the last 5-7 minutes of the game, and as expected, lost.

If capuano was a good/experienced coach, he would have called a TO after the first TB goal and screamed at his team to keep the pressure on and play hard- plus he would have rotated his better defensive players rather than the softer ones like Tavares who are there to score.

If you check the video of the tying goal, it is Tavares who pushes other isles on top of each other, and as others above said, he has often been on the ice during game-losing goals. He might be an excellent offensive layer, but is slow-footed and a poor, below-average defensive one.

Last edited:

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
What he's thinking is Hamonic is calling for the puck.

It was like the kind of pass you see in an open hockey made up of beginners or good players screwing around; it was a completely blind backhand pass to the front of the net. Even a noob knows better than to make that pass, or at least see who is there before doing it. The TB player may have called for it, a trick I use in open hockey that often works with players too lazy to turn their head.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Because buying on Stubhub generally means ur buying a ticket from a fellow fan that already got stuck buying season tickets....at least ur helping a fellow fan and not just buying from the box office....the ticket was already bought....That's were the mindset comes from....Wang already got the money
But then you pay for parking, food, beer, merch... and worst of all, you grant Wang tacit approval just by showing your face. Forget Stubhub, you're not getting any real message across unless you stay home.

Being a die-hard fan of this team should be a small distraction from all the real pressures in life and be a vehicle for some fun and excitement. But like in real relationships if the "love" does not go both ways it is doomed. I'm just coming to the realization that I don't want this anymore and am more sad about it than I should be.
This season's like a moment of clarity for someone in a bad relationship - one more time they built us up, only to drag us back down further than we've been in a long time. Even the most ardent die-hards are realizing that this "abusive spouse" is never going to change.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
i just watched the post game vids..

man...you know it's bad when the other teams coache's start feeling sorry for you.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
We have people on here who were strenuously defending Garth Snow's "underrated" status during an offseason of futility ready to buy newspaper ads. Gallows humor, but it's still funny.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I personally wanted him gone years ago-and never veered from that. He was an awful choice from day 1. I've always said that this is what happens when you name your backup goaltender the GM. A few other posters have as well. I'm just glad that more posters are waking up.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I can't speak for anybody else, but I personally wanted him gone years ago-and never veered from that. He was an awful choice from day 1. I've always said that this is what happens when you name your backup goaltender the GM. A few other posters have as well. I'm just glad that more posters are waking up.

Think about what kind of owner/businessman would hire a backup goalie to manage his multi-million dollar business?

Would an owner serious about the team winning, and committed to putting the best product on the ice (like a Chicago or detroit) hire someone who has never even worked in a front office management capacity?

Neil Smith quit after what, 3 weeks?

This is not a real organization, and intelligent people leave it very quickly. I've seen companies run like this where people are treated like garbage by a bad manager/owner, and just quit shortly after being hired. It is is a real estate company masquerading as a hockey organization.

hockeygoon15

Nov 30, 2006
Came in to work to find two cards on my desk this morning. One birthday card, and this.....

nC5O8dC.jpg

nIwxzpD.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad