GDT: #35| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | December 17th | 7:00pm | F/SOL 3-2

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
If I win the Mega Millions I will take out a full page ad everyday for a month. The sad part is that that's actually more likely to happen than Snow and Cappy just getting fired. :banghead:

MaryChristine*

If I win the Mega Millions I will take out a full page ad everyday for a month. The sad part is that that's actually more likely to happen than Snow and Cappy just getting fired. :banghead:

Wouldn't it be less expensive to hire a hitman.. just saying...

Tpkc2

Jul 19, 2013
Wang had interested buyers! Team was valued at 225m, Wang wanted 350mm. Then he signed a 25 year deal in broklyn It never ends!

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
The pathetic part about this is when I said to my girlfriend tonight, UNBELIEVEABLE, they blew a two goal lead with 5 minutes left in the game... She responded " Theres nothing unbelievable about it, in fact thats very believable". She dosen't even watch hockey, just knows of the Islanders because of me. She hinted at the fact she may have gotten me some Islanders gear for XMas, I don't know if I can swallow my pride and sport an Isles logo anymore.

Anything positive regarding the teams performance tonight is completely null and void after the total collapse. They looked absolutely clueless on that tying goal... wait ,what sport is this again, hockey or football? If I didn't know any better I wouldv'e thought I was watching overweight Offensive lineman surrender to gravity and fall to the ground in an attempt to recover a fumble. And what the ******* was Hamonic doing joining the pile on, it didn't even occur to him that the loose puck could find it's way towards the other end of the crease where two Bolts are camped out!

Nabokov looked like Goldberg from the Mighty Ducks during that shootout and Tavares has to stop coming in slow and windy, it ain't working. For such a talented player It baffles me that he is so bad on SO, perhaps hes more spontaneous and gets psyched out when it comes to this but c'mon man. TONIGHT WAS PATHETIC, nothing short of embarrassing. At this point I'm watching the Islanders for Comedic Value.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I would love for very few islanders fans to show up in MSG. I would hope we lose 7-2.

I hope we are laughed off the ice in MSG and hope to see the media crucify the owner.

I'm usually loud and proud at MSG, but Friday I will be wearing my Hartford Whalers jersey. I'll pretend I'm a Rags fan though so I can act like a **** and fit in. Gotta have a little fun to numb the pain.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
OMG why does everyone think that buying a ticket through stubhub is NOT supporting the team and owner? WTH? Do you not realize that somebody, at some point bought that ticket close to full value? Where did this friggin mindset come from?:shakehead

Because buying on Stubhub generally means ur buying a ticket from a fellow fan that already got stuck buying season tickets....at least ur helping a fellow fan and not just buying from the box office....the ticket was already bought....That's were the mindset comes from....Wang already got the money

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Because buying on Stubhub generally means ur buying a ticket from a fellow fan that already got stuck buying season tickets....at least ur helping a fellow fan and not just buying from the box office....the ticket was already bought....That's were the mindset comes from....Wang already got the money

Yes, by buying from Stubhub you aren't putting any money into any owner's pocket.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I really hope snow and Wang slip on some black ice this morning and crack their skulls open. I know it's not politically correct to say but all they do is **** with us through our passion of this team. They are pieces of ****.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
In all honesty, I had an opportunity to see this game for free tonight and declined. Even during the Isles' leanest years, such as the late 90s and the "go-go-Gordon" era, I never got turned off at the idea of going to the Coliseum. This year is shaping up to be such an embarrassment, such a disappointment, I could not bring myself to enable this organization by attending a game when they refuse to fix the problems obvious to everyone paying attention.

I'm completely with you here. I said pretty much the same thing in the "boycott" thread and took some criticism but I just can't do it.

The Islander management/ownership has broken many fan's hearts here with the disregard it has shown to the fans. Really, I love this stupid team and wish I didn't.

Being a die-hard fan of this team should be a small distraction from all the real pressures in life and be a vehicle for some fun and excitement. But like in real relationships if the "love" does not go both ways it is doomed. I'm just coming to the realization that I don't want this anymore and am more sad about it than I should be.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
If you DO NOT GO....the arena is empty. The NHL will see it.

If you buy from Stub Hub, fans are in the seats. Wang must be doing right.

So GO if you support this idiocy....or leave the seats empty if you want change.

I don't know what else to say. You show up, a seat is taken....more seats, more approval. No change.

Moosie

Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
It's a real shame to waste a great effort like last night's game by forgetting how to play in the last 5 minutes of the third.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
It's a real shame to waste a great effort like last night's game by forgetting how to play in the last 5 minutes of the third.
They did not forget how to play. They already do not know how to play NHL hockey.

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
For everyone who wants to get on vanek for the slap shot... http://youtu.be/hrEHImVmKDI

http://youtu.be/Xzu_UYDtFbc

He's a sniper and its one of his moves and it worked

Real snipers don't fire slap shots from the hash marks.

Looks like you had to look long and hard for those vids because in the second one he's so young that it is from what, his first or second game ever? Now go find the amount of times he's tried that "sniper' move and it failed.

Had to be the worst SO attempt I have ever seen. It was just plain lazy.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I think the worst part about last nights game was i knew as soon as they gave up the 1st goal that they were going to at least go to overtime. even with 10 seconds left I knew they'd give up the tieing goal. even with 5 and 4 seconds left I knew it. When it went in with 3 seconds left all I did was laugh.

I wish I could just wash my hands with this franchise & stop watching, but I can't.

Are we the only team in the NHL who has a losing record when leading after 2 periods?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I think the worst part about last nights game was i knew as soon as they gave up the 1st goal that they were going to at least go to overtime. even with 10 seconds left I knew they'd give up the tieing goal. even with 5 and 4 seconds left I knew it. When it went in with 3 seconds left all I did was laugh.

I wish I could just wash my hands with this franchise & stop watching, but I can't.

Spot on -- my reaction exactly..

Anyone ever watch MASH? Reminds me of a back and forth b/t Hawkeye and Trapper..

Hawkeye - "Comon Trap, ya gotta stick around and see how it (the war) ends!"

Trapper John - "Oh... but it doesn't end! Its continuous!!!!"

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
We have people on here who were strenuously defending Garth Snow's "underrated" status during an offseason of futility ready to buy newspaper ads. Gallows humor, but it's still funny.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
If you DO NOT GO....the arena is empty. The NHL will see it.

If you buy from Stub Hub, fans are in the seats. Wang must be doing right.

So GO if you support this idiocy....or leave the seats empty if you want change.

I don't know what else to say. You show up, a seat is taken....more seats, more approval. No change.

it really is as simple as this.

yeah, Snow might fall and crack his head open. but he may be replaced Ricky Dipietro, so watch what you wish for... ;)

the thing they understand the most is $$. do not spend $ on the team until changes are made

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad