GDT: #35| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | December 17th | 7:00pm | F/SOL 3-2

MaryChristine*

For his career he is at 25.8%, which would be one of the better shooters (and that includes his awfulness this season so far).

What a ******** answer. He is in a slump and you cannot repeatedly set him up for failure. Give him a rest and let some young kid who doesn't feel all that pressure in.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
The sad part is what is going through "Ryan Strome & Brock Nelson & Aaron Ness & before Matt Donovan"

These rookies are hoping to jump ship as quickly as possible, if I were them.

Bye Bye JT...:(

"FREE MY WANG"

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Dude...they all suck....all of them...ALL OF THEM!!!! Even our captain....because he is the captain...I loved Matt Moulson...I own his jersey...there is probably a better chance he will be back next year than Vanek resigns...but none of this is on Vanek...none....I've been to every game he has played in the state of NY since he is an islander???none of this is on him none....he doesn't wear an A...,he doesn't wear a C...he is not the coach or GM...he is not a defenseman....all he has done is put up points on the same line as our captain

I guess there's something to that, he's not an officer of this team...

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Just got my hands on a computer.

How long was the tying goal - the puck - how long was it hidden from the ref's view?

You can see him looking for it for a good second before he sees it slide into the net.

So, apart from that second, maybe 2 previous seconds? Three seconds of the puck being in front of the net, out of sight, and the whistle doesn't blow.

MaryChristine*

The sad part is what is going through "Ryan Strome & Brock Nelson & Aaron Ness & before Matt Donovan"

These rookies are hoping to jump ship as quickly as possible, if I were them.

Bye Bye JT...:(

Thats why a coaching change is imperative. We just need a coach who trusts youth and knows how to utilize his players and get the most out of them. Rookies can bring so much energy if used right.

MaryChristine*

Just got my hands on a computer.

How long was the tying goal - the puck - how long was it hidden from the ref's view?

You can see him looking for it for a good second before he sees it slide into the net.

So, apart from that second, maybe 2 previous seconds? Three seconds of the puck being in front of the net, out of sight, and the whistle doesn't blow.

I felt that way at first but on the replay, when you see hamonic jump on the pile of isles... theres no other thought than, we completely deserved that.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What a ******** answer. He is in a slump and you cannot repeatedly set him up for failure. Give him a rest and let some young kid who doesn't feel all that pressure in.

What? Your solution to a slump is to not allow him to shoot and to put a rookie in his 2nd game in the 3rd spot in a shootout where he has to score because he'll somehow feel less pressure than Tavares?

Okay then.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
In all honesty, I had an opportunity to see this game for free tonight and declined. Even during the Isles' leanest years, such as the late 90s and the "go-go-Gordon" era, I never got turned off at the idea of going to the Coliseum. This year is shaping up to be such an embarrassment, such a disappointment, I could not bring myself to enable this organization by attending a game when they refuse to fix the problems obvious to everyone paying attention.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
In all honesty, I had an opportunity to see this game for free tonight and declined. Even during the Isles' leanest years, such as the late 90s and the "go-go-Gordon" era, I never got turned off at the idea of going to the Coliseum. This year is shaping up to be such an embarrassment, such a disappointment, I could not bring myself to enable this organization by attending a game when they refuse to fix the problems obvious to everyone paying attention.

:handclap::handclap:

More should follow your lead.
When you enable this owner, you play into this circus.
Anyone you is a season ticket holder should stop going until things change.

I mean really change, ownership.

MaryChristine*

What? Your solution to a slump is to not allow him to shoot and to put a rookie in his 2nd game in the 3rd spot in a shootout where he has to score because he'll somehow feel less pressure than Tavares?

Okay then.

Your thought process is just as bad as capuanos.. obviously. When things are going bad on a consistent basis, you change things up... Its common sense.
It just sums up everything bad about this team. Theres no urgency to WIN. You just do things because He's a VETERAN. Youth can bring energy and healthy competition. Hell maybe it might wake up something in JT if he were actually taken off the SO for once. For crying out loud... you may as well be our coach right now.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Your though process is just as bad as capuanos.. obviously. When things are going bad on a consistent basis, you change things up... Its common sense.
It just sums up everything bad about this team. Theres no urgency to WIN. You just do things because He's a VETERAN. Youth can bring energy and healthy competition. Hell maybe it might wake up something in JT if he were actually taken off the SO for once. For crying out loud... you may as well be our coach right now.

No no he is not "Fred Flintstone" maybe Barney Rubble but definitely not Fred.

MaryChristine*

Okay then.

And No... I am not saying he needs to be in the 3rd spot... He can be in the first or second, just get tavares out of there... Maybe Frans should be in the 3rd. I really don't care, as long as you dont put someone in who is not performing.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Just got back from watching the game at my fiance's parent's house. Her dad's a Lightning fan. 4 mins left of the game he accepted defeat. I told him that this is the Islanders-and they'll probably still lose because they're so pathetic. He laughed. After the game he said "wow you weren't kidding". The sad thing is that I wasn't.

We're up 2-0 with less than 4 mins of the game, and I fully expect them to lose (and they did). That's how pathetic our current team is.

No more excuses. Wang isn't going anywhere-we all know that and will have to deal with it unfortunately.

This "rebuild" has failed. We shouldn't be contenders for the cup by this point-but we shouldn't be contenders for the 1st overall pick either.

Snow and Cappy have to go. They're holding the organization back. No more excuses. Most posters on here would have lost their jobs is they performed the way that Snow and Cappy both have.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
:handclap::handclap:

More should follow your lead.
When you enable this owner, you play into this circus.
Anyone you is a season ticket holder should stop going until things change.

I mean really change, ownership.

Place was like 1/3 full tonight... Lines at knuckleheads for a beer was like 3 mins between periods....bathroom lines the same...place was empty...

MaryChristine*

Just got back from watching the game at my fiance's parent's house. Her dad's a Lightning fan. 4 mins left of the game he accepted defeat. I told him that this is the Islanders-and they'll probably still lose because they're so pathetic. He laughed. After the game he said "wow you weren't kidding". The sad thing is that I wasn't.

We're up 2-0 with less than 4 mins of the game, and I fully expect them to lose (and they did). That's how pathetic our current team is.

No more excuses. Wang isn't going anywhere-we all know that and will have to deal with it unfortunately.

This "rebuild" has failed. We shouldn't be contenders for the cup by this point-but we shouldn't be contenders for the 1st overall pick either.

Snow and Cappy have to go. They're holding the organization back. No more excuses. Most posters on here would have lost their jobs is they performed the way that Snow and Cappy both have.

The worst part is, your fiances dad now associates you with losers. He now thinks YOU are a loser and will probably end up taking his daughter out of marrying you. Should have never watched the game with him. But yeah, That happened to me last time we played the caps. my sister said the same thing

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida

So we get rid of a coach and GM and keep a useless owner.

I will not support this owner of my islanders. **** that ****, I am through with this circus.

"FREE MY WANG"

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
So we get rid of a coach and GM and keep a useless owner.

I will not support this owner of my islanders. **** that ****, I am through with this circus.

"FREE MY WANG"

Wang can't be fired, otherwise I'd obviously support it. I absolutely want him to sell the team, but nobody's buying this team until Brooklyn-at the earliest. That's the only thing the franchise has going for it. I'm just glad when I see them play live Wang doesn't see my money.

Mustang2750*

Someone MUST make a .gif of Hamonic leaving his man to jump onto the pile!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad