GDT: [#35] Chicago Blackhawks @ Dallas Stars, 7:30pm CT [FS-SW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Any blame placed on a roster player is mirrored onto the GM. All we are doing is discussing the apparent problems that the GM has been failing to solve over the years. It's hard to truly blame Nichushkin because he is what he is. The real issue is that for some reason Nill though Nichushkin was a better player than he is. It seems like every failure comes back to scouting one way or another.
Not always. There are plenty of signings that don’t work out where the GM isn’t really at fault for it. Sometimes players decline faster than expected or don’t click with their new team.

But, yeah, Nill made a big mistake by giving Nichushkin the contract he did. I think some of it was Nill eager to bring his first pick back with hopes he would be vindicated if Nichushkin really did perform like a top six forward. If Nill wasn’t GM, I kinda doubt this contract happens.

Nill saw Nichushkin when he was here before. He saw him do very little of note in the KHL, yet signing Nichushkin was still Nill’s biggest offseason move trying to improve a non-playoff team. So think of it this way. Nill spent three million in cap space trying to get this team in the playoffs and has zero goals to show for it.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I interpreted that quote differently. Like the same way that Roussell could play anywhere in the line-up in a pinch but you ultimately want better players.

Maybe you're right. It would reflect horribly on Nill to say that he signed Comeau to score goals but I was through defending him a long time ago.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
No, if a player paid to contribute offense isn’t producing offense, then “impactful” is not a word to be associated with him. I don’t care how many close calls he generates. You don’t win games by almost scoring, but you sure can lose them that way.

But I am glad to see you finally admit Nichushkin’s failure to do his job is a problem.

As for what I bolded from your post, that’s literally the opposite of what I wrote. Scroll up, dude.

Main concern, no. A concern, yes. Very much yes.

Looking better means nothing. The standings are determined by wins and losses. Wins happen when you score more goals than your opponent. Nichushkin was paid and slotted as a second line winger to contribute to goal scoring, and he’s not doing that at all. He belongs solidly on the list of problems. High up the list, too.

You forget what you ate for breakfast too? My argument is you are out of your element if you think Nuke is one of this teams main problems.
He's middle to bottom of the list. If you wanna go through your post history and copy every comment to show how ignorant and uneducated of a bias you have against him, I think it would take you a few weeks to compile all the posts.

He has been impactful, period. You have 0 credibility and to say you dont care about how many chances a player a generates is clear cut evidence you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

You can use your opinion all you want to back your argument. You're still wrong lol.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I think we can all agree that we probably have different rankings for our various lists of Stars problems. That or we don't bother keeping a list at all, like me.

Reactions: Kcb12345

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Who the **** are you watching he gets barely 12mins ? and he plays mostly with Faksa and Pitlick, other than a handful of shifts with Benn - Seguin and Benn-Spezza. He's not really ever been tried in the top 6. Much like Dickinson hasn't for some reason.
Other than his inflated pay, (which there are worst offenders on the team IE Spezza, Hanzal, Methot) he's not a major problem.

Did he get to play with Seguin and Benn on the top line when he started his career, without having to prove hinself? That's what I implied. Didn't phrase it well, I accept.

12 minutes is still high for what he's bringing. He's producing like a 4th liner.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You forget what you ate for breakfast too? My argument is you are out of your element if you think Nuke is one of this teams main problems.
He's middle to bottom of the list. If you wanna go through your post history and copy every comment to show how ignorant and uneducated of a bias you have against him, I think it would take you a few weeks to compile all the posts.

He has been impactful, period. You have 0 credibility and to say you dont care about how many chances a player a generates is clear cut evidence you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

You can use your opinion all you want to back your argument. You're still wrong lol.
I directly say he’s not a main problem. I do also say he’s high on the list of problems, which obviously means he’s not on top, yet you somehow translate all of that to mean I’ve said he’s the main problem. Good lord. Did you have a bad night’s sleep?

But hey, look at his ice time when the team needs a goal. I guess that’s my opinion stapling him to the bench.

Last edited:

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Oh why dear Val are you so bad at scoring goals? I mean his name technically equates to goal.

V=22
A=1
L=12

G=7
O=15
A=1
L=12

Both words add up to exactly 35 letters used. So are these highly advanced stats lying to me too?

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
You guys also realize the same guy that signed Val to be a top 6 player also signed Comeau to be one too right?

Maybe your blame is at the wrong guy...Don't blame the guy signing the contract lmao

Sure he's not doing enough in his role on this team offensively but neither is anyone else outside of Heiskanen and Radulov.

Nill's name is all over this page, so not sure what you're on about.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
You guys also realize the same guy that signed Val to be a top 6 player also signed Comeau to be one too right?

Maybe your blame is at the wrong guy...Don't blame the guy signing the contract lmao

Sure he's not doing enough in his role on this team offensively but neither is anyone else outside of Heiskanen and Radulov.

You look like you're out of arguments.

Stop dragging in other players when this is about Val's performance and not Comeau's- who, BTW, was not brought here to be a secondary scoring option. That would be Val because I sure don't see him killing penalties or being a defensive forward. In that respect, Val is a gamble that failed and is costing the team a wasted cap-space and a lowered trade value.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You look like you're out of arguments.

Stop dragging in other players when this is about Val's performance and not Comeau's- who, BTW, was not brought here to be a secondary scoring option. That would be Val because I sure don't see him killing penalties or being a defensive forward. In that respect, Val is a gamble that failed and is costing the team a wasted cap-space and a lowered trade value.

Nill signed Comeau as a depth scoring option as well that could "also play in your top 6"...he thought of him as a Devin Shore type guy..I'm not arguing that Val has been good I'm just arguing there are way more problems than just him and it starts with Nill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad