GDT: [#35] Chicago Blackhawks @ Dallas Stars, 7:30pm CT [FS-SW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018
Man...Looking back Val infuriates me. Bury those multiple chances and we have a different game on our hands.

We've been patient with him for so long idk how many more f ups I can watch...

Reactions: Elysian

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Man...Looking back Val infuriates me. Bury those multiple chances and we have a different game on our hands.

Did you notice Shore/Faksa/Janmark/Dickinson as much as you noticed Val and Guryanov tonight, because I sure didn't.

Janmark and Faksa have been atrocious all year long. Yet for whatever reason, fans get on Nichuhskin's case for not burying pucks. He's like one of the bright spots in the bottom six because eventually they'll start going in.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Did you notice Shore/Faksa/Janmark/Dickinson as much as you noticed Val and Guryanov tonight, because I sure didn't.

Janmark and Faksa have been atrocious all year long. Yet for whatever reason, fans get on Nichuhskin's case for not burying pucks. He's like one of the bright spots in the bottom six because eventually they'll start going in.

So much this, I wish our coach had a f***ing clue.

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018

Easy to be a bright spot in the bottom 6 when you're suppose to be a top 6 scoring winger. Hes playing against other teams easy lines and is still cant finish. You're right about Janmark and especially Faksa but Vals just been invisible for so long its hard not to notice him over the others.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Yep. Crazy thing is he could easily lead every forward outside of our top line in goals by the end of the season. I mean all he needs is a few of these to go in and all of a sudden Faksa's 6 goals aren't looking like such a tall task lmao

At least he generates chances though. Some of these guys generate 1 chance every 4 games maybe

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Easy to be a bright spot in the bottom 6 when you're suppose to be a top 6 scoring winger. Hes playing against other teams easy lines and is still cant finish. You're right about Janmark and especially Faksa but Vals just been invisible for so long its hard not to notice him over the others.

I don't think you're paying attention to the games if you think Val's been invisible.

Reactions: Kcb12345 and Zapp

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I don't think you're paying attention to the games if you think Val's been invisible.

Yeah people can shit on Val all they want but this is a way better player than we got in his freshman year, and literally everyone who had been watching him in the KHL said that right before he came back.

He was a passenger with Benn and Seguin when they were scoring points hand over fists. He was finishing more, that's obvious. So if he were finishing on a lot of these chances that he creates, by being driver rather than waiting for others to create offense, suddenly everyone on here would be raving about him?

Nobody is finishing consistently right now. Nobody. Yeah it sucks Val isn't scoring and carrying games. You wanna complain about a guy who's making something happen almost every single shift he's on the ice for? Who the hell do you want to throw in his place? Who's playing better every shift? It sure as hell isn't Janmark.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Suspension incoming for Pitlick? The interference was intentional but I'm not so sure about the elbow

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
If you want to point your finger, I'd start doing it at the right people.

The constant failures of this team season to season have pretty clear cut owners. Problem is the Dallas Stars are too small of a market in comparison to others to have that kind of accountability.

It's Jim Nill, and Jamie Benn.

Tyler Seguin has won a cup already and shows more effort consistently then a guy who's never made it out of the 2nd round.
Virtually everything else around them has been on a carousel minus Klingberg which we know he's not the problem.

This discussion is going to get beat to death (probably by me) but we won't win a cup until one of them is gone.

I'd rather it be Benn but sadly I think Nill will lose his job before that even happens.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Suspension incoming for Pitlick? The interference was intentional but I'm not so sure about the elbow

I don't get how tweedle dee and tweedle dumb in the broadcast booth didn't point this out immediately to everyone at home. It was pretty blatant after we got to see one replay.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
The elbow happened accidentally when he was trying to ready his stick for a pass. It sucks but you can't suspend someone for that. It wasn't even interference because he was just fighting for body position.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The elbow happened accidentally when he was trying to ready his stick for a pass. It sucks but you can't suspend someone for that. It wasn't even interference because he was just fighting for body position.

Looks like he tripped a bit as well.

Doesn’t excuse the result though. He’s supposed to be in control of his body.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Such a weird play.

However, as an outside fan, this is the opinion I most agree with. He’s trying to gain position for a shot and the elbow is totally unintentional.

He is “responsible” for his actions, but a suspension should always have at least a shred of malice and there is none here IMO.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

People here can defend him all they want, but they fail to realize that his visible improvement is relative to a bar set quite low. He can hustle and bustle all he wants, but when he shoots like a 4th line enforcer, no coach will play him on the top-six. This was a guy to whom a top-three slot during his rookie season and a near $3M contract- after he absconded to the KHL- was offered on a platter, when others like him have had to work to get the minutes and money. And he's basically done f***-all with it.

He can work on his shooting if he wants to stay or go the f*** back to the KHL.

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
If you want to point your finger, I'd start doing it at the right people.

The constant failures of this team season to season have pretty clear cut owners. Problem is the Dallas Stars are too small of a market in comparison to others to have that kind of accountability.

It's Jim Nill, and Jamie Benn.

Tyler Seguin has won a cup already and shows more effort consistently then a guy who's never made it out of the 2nd round.
Virtually everything else around them has been on a carousel minus Klingberg which we know he's not the problem.

This discussion is going to get beat to death (probably by me) but we won't win a cup until one of them is gone.

I'd rather it be Benn but sadly I think Nill will lose his job before that even happens.

opinionated.gif

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
People here can defend him all they want, but they fail to realize that his visible improvement is relative to a bar set quite low. He can hustle and bustle all he wants, but when he shoots like a 4th line enforcer, no coach will play him on the top-six. This was a guy to whom a top-three slot during his rookie season and a near $3M contract- after he absconded to the KHL- was offered on a platter, when others like him have had to work to get the minutes and money. And he's basically done ****-all with it.

He can work on his shooting if he wants to stay or go the **** back to the KHL.
This. Thank you

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
People here can defend him all they want, but they fail to realize that his visible improvement is relative to a bar set quite low. He can hustle and bustle all he wants, but when he shoots like a 4th line enforcer, no coach will play him on the top-six. This was a guy to whom a top-three slot during his rookie season and a near $3M contract- after he absconded to the KHL- was offered on a platter, when others like him have had to work to get the minutes and money. And he's basically done ****-all with it.

He can work on his shooting if he wants to stay or go the **** back to the KHL.

Then Jamie Benn can go the f*** back to playing baseball if he's gonna not show up every game.

If your main concern is Nuke with this shitty ass team then you dont know what you're looking at anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->