GDT: #33 – Sabres at Islanders – Fri Dec 23, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
20847588.jpg

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You act like the playoffs were an expectation this year. This team isn't going anywhere until Eichel and Reinhart figure it out anyways.

They actually were as stated multiple times by our GM. It's why he's done things, in his words, to accelerate the rebuild.

You also have misguided understanding of the isssus right now if you think it's simply Jack and Sam "figuring it out". As if they do it themselves or in a vacuum.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
You act like the playoffs were an expectation this year. This team isn't going anywhere until Eichel and Reinhart figure it out anyways.

I was expecting a playoff push. 85-90 points. This team has stagnated. Murray has utterly failed at everything. I'll have no hope unless both Murray and Bylsma are canned. Murray = Doug Whaley. Can't wait to pick 6th or 7th in a weak draft.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
They actually were as stated multiple times by our GM. It's why he's done things, in his words, to accelerate the rebuild.

You also have misguided understanding of the isssus right now if you think it's simply Jack and Sam "figuring it out". As if they do it themselves or in a vacuum.

They were projected to be a bubble team with an outside chance of making it. As if Tim Murray will sit there and say the team won't make the playoffs.

And I didn't say Eichel and Reinhart are the only reason, read again.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Hello cellar our old friend, we've come to occupy you again....

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I was expecting a playoff push. 85-90 points. This team has stagnated. Murray has utterly failed at everything. I'll have no hope unless both Murray and Bylsma are canned. Murray = Doug Whaley. Can't wait to pick 6th or 7th in a weak draft.

Bylsma's going to go long before Murray. Murray will get a chance with another coach before he's gone.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
17/33 games this season scoring one goal or less. That's over half of the games, and has to be tops in the league.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
It's not the losses, it's how god damned bad we look, there's not a thing in their game that is high caliber. Bylsma's managed to make us suck at every facet of hockey, the PP was the only thing he had working and now that's dead.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
They were projected to be a bubble team with an outside chance of making it. As if Tim Murray will sit there and say the team won't make the playoffs.

And I didn't say Eichel and Reinhart are the only reason, read again.

It is not relevant a "projection". Tim Murray sets the standards. If he expects playoffs then he failed.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Who hired him? The manager is responsible for the success and failure. Stop giving him a pass.

Was it Murray? How much of it was Pegula? We don't know. Babcock was clearly Murray's guy.

I'll be the first to admit that Murray has made a lot of mistakes. Moulson and Ennis contracts, Kane / Bogo trade, Lehner has been crap, and I always hated the Bylsma hire.

The fact of the matter is that Bylsma will inevitably take the fall before Tim Murray. Tim will get a chance with another coach. A coach that Pegula hopefully has no say in.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

It's weird that you can view the talent on this team and expect a playoff push, and when things don't go that way you blame the roster construction/GM... Your basically saying you are a terrible judge of talent and roster construction.

(Hint: it's the coach)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad