GDT: #32: Sharks @ Senators, 4:30PM Pacific, CSN-CA

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
lol then I question your ability to judge goalies fairly. He made a big save prior to the Boyle goal since that was a partial breakaway but you seem to conveniently ignore that. I don't think you truly understand what is something that a goalie should have.

And you do?

It is a subjective measurement, but it is objectively comparable. If you think that Stalock is excused on the three goals I mentioned, then you pretty much have to forgive all the mistakes Jones has made. If you say that Stalock's save on that break down the wing by Killorn was a big save (if that is the one you are thinking about), then I'd say a goalie has to make 10+ saves like that a game.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And you do?

It is a subjective measurement, but it is objectively comparable. If you think that Stalock is excused on the three goals I mentioned, then you pretty much have to forgive all the mistakes Jones has made. If you say that Stalock's save on that break down the wing by Killorn was a big save (if that is the one you are thinking about), then I'd say a goalie has to make 10+ saves like that a game.

You've only proven with a statement like this that you aren't capable of judging a goaltender fairly. There aren't 10+ saves to be made on a partial break like that by Brown on Stalock. And if there is, the defense is at fault for it...not the goalie whether they make the save or not. In situations like that, the goalie is tasked with making the initial save but asking him to make a second one is likely not going to go well for you no matter where the puck pops out to. Defense needs to clean those up, period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad