HeyHanrahan

Sep 20, 2018
PA
48379942_1148600771969009_7826805515811291136_n.jpg

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
So Laughton and Raffl looked great tonight, but if they're your best players, you are in trouble.

Obviously the goalies were a problem, but the big money boys were largely on the outside looking in.

It looked like a team going through the motions.

Some brief observations live:

Simmer looks like he's giving his all, but there's nothing left. Pucks bounce off his stick like he's playing hockey with golf balls.

Ghost definitely looks like something isn't right. Same with NP.

G chirped a lot tonight. Was hoping for some magic, but saw a lot of frustration instead.

I think the secret is out on Jake. Everyone knew what space to give him and when to take it away. He never adjusted.

Was really looking forward to watching Sanheim and Lindblom live. One was scratched, the other didn't look great.

Couts and TK were all right. Weal actually played a decent game, but he is what is is. JVR, Weise, and Lethera were invisible. AMac was dreadful. Provy and Gudas were okay. Hagg was invisible, too, but that's probably a good thing.

madlee

Mar 7, 2015
I know there's a league wide unofficial trade moratorium around the holidays, and I'm going to guess that Hakstol gets fired a few days after Christmas.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
Hakstol will be history. The team seemed to be behind him e.g. on the last trip but not anymore. Can't see a different option whether it happens now or after christmas.

I don't know why many here are so angry. Most pointed out before the trip that they hoped for some embarassing losses. Now that wish has turned into reality and the same guys are still infuriated?

I have only one wish: Don't make a move to try to turn the season around! If there is a deal that moves Jake, JVR and / or Simmer out of town I am fine.

Oh, and I feel sorry for anybody who might have a season ticket, but it is tank time.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
I don't know why many here are so angry. Most pointed out before the trip that they hoped for some embarassing losses. Now that wish has turned into reality and the same guys are still infuriated?

I'm angry because it has taken so unnecessarily long. Hakstol should have been fired two years ago when it was quite obvious that this college experiment was failing miserably.

FlyOrange

Dec 16, 2018
New York City
JVR signing was idiotic and poorly thought out from the get go. Coming off of a career year from G/Couts on the first line, that line wasn't going to be broken up so fast. At that point, JVR was only going to be a PP and 2nd line guy at best.

Hexy was preaching how he didn't want to block the young players, but that's exactly what he did with JVR taking Lindblom's spot on paper. Now that we see JVR has no chemistry with Patrick, now we have a 7 mil 3rd line forward that can't forecheck and play no D. Along with that, they killed any momentum Lindblom and Patrick was building and now Lindblom looks like a shell of his former self mired in the 4th line duties. Patrick being shitty is another story altogether.

Having said that, I feel bad for Laughton at this point. The guy might not be a super talent but he hasn't even been given any chance to succeed either. Aside from G and Couts, Laughton might be one of the more consistent forward on the team and this stupid hack of a coach always drops him to bottom 6 duties with hardly any PP time. Unreal.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
JVR signing was idiotic and poorly thought out from the get go. Coming off of a career year from G/Couts on the first line, that line wasn't going to be broken up so fast. At that point, JVR was only going to be a PP and 2nd line guy at best.

Hexy was preaching how he didn't want to block the young players, but that's exactly what he did with JVR taking Lindblom's spot on paper. Now that we see JVR has no chemistry with Patrick, now we have a 7 mil 3rd line forward that can't forecheck and play no D. Along with that, they killed any momentum Lindblom and Patrick was building and now Lindblom looks like a shell of his former self mired in the 4th line duties. Patrick being ****ty is another story altogether.

Having said that, I feel bad for Laughton at this point. The guy might not be a super talent but he hasn't even been given any chance to succeed either. Aside from G and Couts, Laughton might be one of the more consistent forward on the team and this stupid hack of a coach always drops him to bottom 6 duties with hardly any PP time. Unreal.

I'll add my retort because I think this is just an angry post and not well thought-out by the OP.

1) The JVR signing was always OK-Good. He was one of, if not THE, best FA forward on the market. For a fan base clamoring for improvement and a LW spot up for grabs, he was an ideal fit for 2nd line LW. Nearly everyone was on-board with JVR as an addition (not a perfect one, but a positive one), but not necessarily his contract. Being a 2nd line, PP guy is great especially if Simmonds is shipped out.

2) To be frank, it wasn't Lindblom's spot to keep. He wasn't wowing us like a TK, so Lindblom's spot was/is very much in question. With JVR, it was a guaranteed upgrade to the 2nd line LW position -- not sure how there's an argument there. JVR himself isn't a bad player and he's not responsible for Lindblom or Patrick being bad. The whole team is bad -- don't point the finger just at JVR's signing.

3) JVR is very dump-able. If you really want to, you can trade an asset to have Seattle take him (most likely) so that he can contribute for a few years positively while playing out his deal. Even if he isn't dumped: we have plenty of cap (thanks to Ron Hextall) to work with around him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00