Post-Game Talk: #31: FLYERS at Canucks, Saturday, Dec. 15, 2018, 10:00 pm ET

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Dave Hakstol the Daft?

I thought not. It's not a story the Hextall would tell you. It's a Flyers legend. Dave Hakstol was a dark stain on the Flyers, so emotionless and so neutral that he could use his stare to influence the puck to destroy hockey... He had such a lack of knowledge of the sport, he could even keep the ones he cared about from scoring.

The dark side of the sport is a pathway to many draft picks some consider to be unnatural.

He became so fragile... the only thing he was afraid of losing was his beets, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice replaced him behind the bench. Ironic, he could save others from beets, but not himself.
Is it possible to learn this power?

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The battling was mentioned 4 times in his first response. Battled hard.

"We were weak in the middle of the rink on the first goal. We should have been stronger"

"Unless you watched a different game than I watched, my guys pushed like hell through this game....there were a ton of things in this game that we did right. In terms of our effort, there was a ton of good things there."
He is such an asshole.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Part of me actually feels a tinge of sadness that in Dave's final game he never got a chance to shell and blow a 2 goal lead before getting a loser point. Deep down it's all the man ever wanted.

And so much more.
I just really need this rn

Reactions: Rebels57

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Part of me actually feels a tinge of sadness that in Dave's final game he never got a chance to shell and blow a 2 goal lead before getting a loser point. Deep down it's all the man ever wanted.

200.gif

One more of these. The Hakshell will live once again in some college arena near you.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hey Scott, i led you here under flase pretenses. We are not having a Scott Hartnell appreciation night, here is your contract you are on the first line tonight. Good LUck

First line? Hell, the way things are going, they'll probably hand him a blocker and full cage.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
So how will this work? 9am tweet simply announcing Hakstol has been relieved or waiting until afternoon for a press conference?

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Amy is ok, except she is from Kentucky. She sometimes goes into her twang.......

This is the title of Haks good-bye song concerning Philly and Philadelphians:

BucaneersAmigo45YoureNeverGonnaLoveMeAnymore.jpg

1966; Barrington NJ. They played alot in Avalon NJ.....for all you hipsters from the 1960s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
This has to be it now for the coach......they cannot let this continue...there is still well over half the season to play ......

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Dave Hakstol the Daft?

I thought not. It's not a story the Hextall would tell you. It's a Flyers legend. Dave Hakstol was a dark stain on the Flyers, so emotionless and so neutral that he could use his stare to influence the puck to destroy hockey... He had such a lack of knowledge of the sport, he could even keep the ones he cared about from scoring.

The dark side of the sport is a pathway to many draft picks some consider to be unnatural.

He became so fragile... the only thing he was afraid of losing was his beets, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice replaced him behind the bench. Ironic, he could save others from beets, but not himself.

This is brilliant. <3 Sheev

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I didn't bother to watch as I've seen this show time and time again but for all the doom and gloom this team still has some talent.

If Fletcher steps up and
  1. Fires Hak
  2. Let the kids play, cough Myers cough
  3. Find some way to just get average goaltending
  4. Put a coach in place that can evaluate talent and hand out minutes accordingly as well as a system that plays to their strengths.
The Flyers still have a good chance to make the playoffs. I don't see them going far but smart coaching should be enough to get them into the playoffs.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The more I have time to think about it the more I convince myself it's not gonna happen

He’s survived so much to this point, it really wouldn’t be out of the question for him to keep his job even after tonight.

Who the hell knows. It’s going to be a pretty awkward flight back though.

Reactions: Danko

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2