GDT: #31: FLYERS at Avalanche, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost hasn't been "amazing," unless you believe in +/-
last five games since his mini-vacation: CF 52.80%, xGF 48.29, HDCF 53.85%
certainly improved, but amazing???

Ghost - Hagg hasn't been a disaster this year either: CF 49.17%, xGF 46.40%, HDCF 50.00%
Not as good as Ghost - Myers, but not a black hole either.

Reactions: Domino666

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Stewart coming in for TK is horrific. Fletcher screwed up so bad and it's insane that people have been praising the guy.

Hagg is back in too? Holy **** :laugh:

Ghost has been playing amazing since coming back and being saved from Braun and Hagg... but now this.
These trash coaches have still been using him horribly, even with Myers in the lineup, so now it's just going to get worse. Then, when he can't score with the bottom 6 and Hagg holding him back, these clueless clowns will blame him and **** him over even more. Meanwhile the PP is still being sabotaged too.

What's the point of even being a fan if this is how you act when the team is actually good?

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Stewart coming in for TK is horrific. Fletcher screwed up so bad and it's insane that people have been praising the guy.

Hagg is back in too? Holy **** :laugh:

Ghost has been playing amazing since coming back and being saved from Braun and Hagg... but now this.
These trash coaches have still been using him horribly, even with Myers in the lineup, so now it's just going to get worse. Then, when he can't score with the bottom 6 and Hagg holding him back, these clueless clowns will blame him and **** him over even more. Meanwhile the PP is still being sabotaged too.

Stewart is not in for TK. That's a strange way of looking at it...
Hagg is in because Myers is out due to back spasms. I guess you would rather have Friedman heading into a road trip?

I love how you can't go two minutes without mentioning sabotage. Cheer up, Charlie, it's just the entertainment industry. They are definitely trying to win and not seeking ways to lose.

The PP can't even get setup so I wonder if the players are sabotaging themselves at this point? Never the players' fault, always on the coaches.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Chris Stewart sucks. I WOULD BE AN UPGRADE OVER CHRIS STEWART.

Why is Hagg playing?

Don't worry guys.

The Häggster and Stewie will use their heavyosity to take care of MacKinnon.

giphy-tumblr.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I wonder how long these Myers back spasms have been going on for ?

TK you knew it was concussion the second it happened, it was def dazed when he was leaving the ice. Sucks we are playing 3 tough teams, but this is a good week for him to stay home and get a full weeks rest.

Stewie in is bad tho, give me Stewie vs the Sens, but he gonna get ate alive on the road vs next 3 teams.

JVR Bee G

Pits Pimp Stewie - Whoo boy Stewie and Pimp will be a nightmare to watch.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
From Bill Meltzer's piece this morning:

If the Flyers lose Konecny for any length of time, it would be a significant obstacle to work around but not an impossible one. One option would be to move James van Riemsdyk or Joel Farabee up in the lineup onto Claude Giroux's line and juggle combinations. There really isn't a player the Flyers could call up from the Phantoms who could directly give them what Konecny brings but there are a few possibilities.

Connor Bunnaman has been back in the Phantoms lineup for several games after missing a month-plus due to injury shortly after the Flyers sent him down. David Kase brings some of the speed and motor that Konecny has, although he's not an equivalent offensive talent. Carsen Twarynski has had two stints on the NHL roster this season and could play in the bottom six again if JVR or Farabee moves up and combos are switched around accordingly.

None of the call-up options, of course, are as good as having Konecny healthy and available to play. But a team has to play with the hand it is dealt.

Personally, if I'm AV, I'd ask for Kase on this road trip.

An unknown factor to the opposing coaches with a lot of speed. He's not TK, but he has some of the qualities that make TK special, like he can skate.

And Friedman over Hägg? Yeah, I'd do that.

If we do the Maginot Line thing here, I'm not sure we'll be happy with the results.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Stewart is not in for TK. That's a strange way of looking at it...
Hagg is in because Myers is out due to back spasms. I guess you would rather have Friedman heading into a road trip?

I love how you can't go two minutes without mentioning sabotage. Cheer up, Charlie, it's just the entertainment industry. They are definitely trying to win and not seeking ways to lose.

The PP can't even get setup so I wonder if the players are sabotaging themselves at this point? Never the players' fault, always on the coaches.
-Stewart is in the lineup because TK is out of the lineup. I didn’t say he was going to be used the same way.

-Yes Friedman would be better. But he’s hurt.

-Just goes to show how much they’re screwing up, doesn’t it? And you’re still being literal for no reason. This has been explained to you quite a few times already.

-The PP can and does get set up. The problem is that when it does get set up the idiot coaches keep screwing with it, trying everything other than the correct way. And who said the players never deserve blame? Can you quote that please?

As always, thanks for being so hyper-sensitive about my posts. :laugh: I’m flattered that you care so much.

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Icing Stewie over one the AHL options is sad, but expected. Chuck's infatuation with Stewie is just gross.

I haven't been watching the Phantoms much lately, so it's difficult for me to have a steadfast opinion on who should be called up. Kase's Corsi numbers look pretty good lately. Bunny just came back from injury, but would be a solid choice. NAK seems in Gordo's, and possibly the whole organizations, doghouse.

The real best solution, imo, is Laczynski but we know that's never happening. So, I guess either Bunny or Kase would be my choice.

Pits Pimp Stewie - Whoo boy Stewie and Pimp will be a nightmare to watch.

Yes, I can't wait to hear about how many "chances" the Pimp has received to stick in the lineup. 2 whole games away from Stewie this year.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
With Freidman out, there are no viable alternatives to Hagg unless you want to give Welinski his 3rd crack at the NHL.
Kase has yet to put together a credible stretch of games, NAK has done meh, Bunnaman isn't a RW.
Twarynski is probably the most viable alternative to Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad