GDT: #31 - 12/29/21 | RANGERS @ cat | 7:00 MSG 2 | HOCKEYS BACK

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I don't see this a bad thing. We beat the teams we should and have lost to better teams. You continue to beat the teams you should and try to get better.

It's also a totally meaningless stat, is adding in super small sample sizes, and is not how their record "really" looks. It's how part of their record looks. You could probably do the same exercise and get similar results for several teams in playoff position.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Sayba

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It's also a totally meaningless stat, is adding in super small sample sizes, and is not how their record "really" looks. It's how part of their record looks. You could probably do the same exercise and get similar results for several teams in playoff position.

yah I don’t get it. If you’re going to lose and everyone loses games you SHOULD lose to playoff teams and beat up on teams you should beat up on

going into last night we were top 3 in winning percentage. Doesn’t really get much better than that. Should we have lost more games to bad teams? Or take what the schedule gives us?

PC76

Aug 24, 2016
The Rangers didn't give up on Duclair. They traded him for Yandle. He's also played on 5 teams since the Rangers so a lot of teams "gave up" on him. And he's been a UFA several times signing cheap one year deals. Lots of teams "gave up" or didn't want him.
Long time NYer and Ranger fan but 25 years in South Florida has turned me RED. Go Panthers.

Duclair is great. exciting, motivated, enthusiastic. We love him. He's found a home.

Hunt and McKegg.......when they had to fill out the Panther's roster a few years ago.....we knew we couldn't win.

Seems like the Rangers are doing pretty well. Last night was a terrific hockey game. Enjoy it.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Our fan base does have a tendency to panic after a loss. Overall it was a good game and it just wasn’t our night. It happens just move on to the next one

Reactions: mrhockey193195

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I hate to be that guy.... We're poorly coached. 'Not coached up enough' ( X's and O's )

We have no structure. On offense and defense. It's ugly. Our transition and O-Zone time is the biggest issue. No one knows what to do or where to go. There's nothing to fall back on

I was hoping to graduate from David Quinn hockey.... instead we got a different variant of it.

Last edited:

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
I hate to be that guy.... We're poorly coached.

We have no structure. On offense and defense. It's ugly. Our transition and O-Zone time is the biggest issue. No one knows what to do or where to go. There's nothing to fall back on

I was hoping to graduate from David Quinn hockey.... instead we got a different variant of it.

Totally don’t see it that way. Gallant has this team playing solid hockey all over the ice. Often there are 5 Rangers in the picture up and down the ice bus that’s a sign the team is supporting the puck and playing good two way transition hockey. The defensive zone coverage has been solid if not better than average and the offense and power play continue to outperform in many ways, especially the power play.

Poorly coached teams look lost almost nightly, are unprepared, are almost always out worked and lack solid special teams. It would be hard for me to say any of this is true for the Rangers and in fact, almost the opposite is true.

As one of the biggest outspoken critics of Quinn that was posting on this board I clearly can get negative with coaches but Gallant is really a guy who can and probably will lead this team into a perennial playoff team that could contend for a cup in the next 2-5 years.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Totally don’t see it that way. Gallant has this team playing solid hockey all over the ice. Often there are 5 Rangers in the picture up and down the ice bus that’s a sign the team is supporting the puck and playing good two way transition hockey. The defensive zone coverage has been solid if not better than average and the offense and power play continue to outperform in many ways, especially the power play.

Poorly coached teams look lost almost nightly, are unprepared, are almost always out worked and lack solid special teams. It would be hard for me to say any of this is true for the Rangers and in fact, almost the opposite is true.

As one of the biggest outspoken critics of Quinn that was posting on this board I clearly can get negative with coaches but Gallant is really a guy who can and probably will lead this team into a perennial playoff team that could contend for a cup in the next 2-5 years.
Poorly coached might be too aggressive. 'Not coached up enough' X's and O's is lacking. Our transition is lacking, that's a massive part of todays game. Entering the zone and o-zone time is lacking. We are opportuinistic. It's not a sustained offense. It's still 'Pokes Panarin, do hockey'

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I hate to be that guy.... We're poorly coached. 'Not coached up enough' ( X's and O's )

They came within inches of a Too Many Men penalty in the third. They avoided Quinning it.

It takes 3/4 of a season to get rid of the old coaches ways. We're three months and not even halfway game wise yet.

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
To anyone proposing trading Lindgren or using the lame "you have to give to get" argument, tonight is a prime example of why you DON'T trade him. Giant hole in the D without him.

Hajek is an adequate third pair but can't handle the increased minutes. Fox looked tentative at even strength because he doesn't have his security blanket.

Chytil had some moments but yes he's definitely trade this deadline or summer. Can they please get Barron some time? They NEED to see if he's a viable 3C replacement.

Schneider not available with most likely covid is terrible timing. He's the best suited for the role needed now.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Haha at everyone jumping on the coach again. It's hilarious, you wanna know where the problem is, I'll spell it out for you DEPTH.

1. Our team ended the season with a rw that had Buch, Kakko, Kravtsov on it.....it now has Kakko, Hunt, Gauthier in those spots. Our 2nd line is suffering because of this and our 3rd line cant have both Gauthier AND chytil on it, but where are the options? See point 4.

2. We signed Nemeth instead of someone capable of carrying the weight for Lundkvist. Its hurting that pairing and more importantly not giving Lundkvist time and space to grow.

3. The team was picked before the coach was hired, Gallant hinted at that during the press conference when asked about Hajek and he basically said he wasn't on the list of guys that were gonna be on the team.

4. This one i agree with but it was executed poorly, its one thing i agree with Drury on about this year and its that they want to be more patient with young kids and develop them in the minors, Barron, Schneider etc will be better for it. The problem is the main roster has holes that should have been filled if you were going to do that.

5. IMO we spent all summer getting harder as a team and focused only on Eichel as the answer to our offense.

6. Sather has control of this team again, he got the blow up moment he wanted when Wilson did his thing and was able to throw a told ya so to Dolan.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Why are people complaining about Hajek, he was far from the reason we lost tonight, i thought he had a decent game really. Its the same thing every year the board picks 2 or three guys and blame them for every loss, I'm not even sure if people are watching the games.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Why are people complaining about Hajek, he was far from the reason we lost tonight, i thought he had a decent game really. Its the same thing every year the board picks 2 or three guys and blame them for every loss, I'm not even sure if people are watching the games.
Yeah I have to say Hajek played pretty well. He skated well. Absorbed hits and made plays. And he had quite a few strong outlet passes that were more than just 10 feet, tape to tape. I was actually very impressed. He is by no means perfect. His positioning wasn’t great on the 1st goal. I never saw a replay for that interference penalty he took in the 3rd, a play in which he was hauled down before that. Just thought he did pretty well. Almost to the point where I would prefer him over Nemeth. But a young 3rd pair scares me.

Reactions: leetch99

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
To anyone proposing trading Lindgren or using the lame "you have to give to get" argument, tonight is a prime example of why you DON'T trade him. Giant hole in the D without him.

Hajek is an adequate third pair but can't handle the increased minutes. Fox looked tentative at even strength because he doesn't have his security blanket.

Chytil had some moments but yes he's definitely trade this deadline or summer. Can they please get Barron some time? They NEED to see if he's a viable 3C replacement.

Schneider not available with most likely covid is terrible timing. He's the best suited for the role needed now.

The problem isn't trading Lindgren. The problem is playing Hajek. Lindgren is not the only player capable of playing with Fox.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Poorly coached might not be too aggressive. 'Not coached up enough' X's and O's is lacking. Our transition is lacking, that's a massive part of todays game. Entering the zone and o-zone time is lacking. We are opportuinistic. It's not a sustained offense. It's still 'Pokes Panarin, do hockey'

Ok yeah I took your post to mean the team is poorly coached which I don’t agree with and your comparison to Quinn hints at, to me anyway, that the team is devoid of any NHL level structure. I simply don’t see any evidence to support that. The team’s structure is not as relevant in terms of it being “noticeable” but what is evident is he’s gotten the guys who should be producing to produce, he’s slotted guys into the lineup in correct places( for the most part) and has the team ready. I’d argue that playing a super structured system with the level of talent this team has would be a huge mistake. Give them a few keys for each game, a structure that is basic enough that can focus on being assertive on the offensive end is probably the best way to coach these guys. They know how to play hockey and what I like most about Gallant is he respects that and expects they respect him back. Who would not respond well to that style of coaching?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The problem isn't trading Lindgren. The problem is playing Hajek. Lindgren is not the only player capable of playing with Fox.

The last sentence should end with "ever". At this moment in the organization, it's Lindgren or Miller who can play with Fox unless they try Schneider on his off side after he's out of protocol...and that has no shot of happening.

Other than that, it's acquiring someone else in a trade, has zero shot of happening as well. It's all just rearranging a table and EA Sports to acquired a top 4 LHD at this point along with salary cap issues for next year.

Fox can play with other people of course, but given the variables it's Lindgren, Miller, or chaos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad