GDT: #31 - 12/29/21 | RANGERS @ cat | 7:00 MSG 2 | HOCKEYS BACK

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Chytil with the maintenance day today and they move Goodrow to center the third line. I gotta say with the money they are paying him and the rumor mill telling us they want to sign strome long term (Christ) I think Goodrow is the better fit as a 3C than Chytil for this team at least.

for whatever reason fil is regressing this year. He should be coming into his own instead he looks lost out there a lot of nights. Maybe he’s frustrated with his role maybe he doesn’t like the coach not sure but the writing is on the wall.

Reactions: Sayba and Wtp99

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
The KHL is a significantly lower scoring league than the NHL, practically nobody is a point a game player in the KHL. I guess Panarin, Kaprizov, Kuznetsov, Buchnevich all sucked too.
That’s not the point, the point is about a player that’s seems to be a legend in his own mind and not wanting to earn his spot. And to be honest in my opinion he did not show much except one or two flashes. Needed to work harder. Panarin worked harder wasn’t even drafted. This is a first round draft choice, should have worked out better

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
So what we no know is ;
Once the high end speed talent teams;
Colorado StL Vegas Fla turn the gas on …
We fold

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That’s not the point, the point is about a player that’s seems to be a legend in his own mind and not wanting to earn his spot. And to be honest in my opinion he did not show much except one or two flashes. Needed to work harder. Panarin worked harder wasn’t even drafted. This is a first round draft choice, should have worked out better
Kravtsov has been about 5th on Traktor PPG wise (around 0,7 PPG) this season, which is fine. Not exactly blowing the doors off though.

Reactions: Wtp99

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Maybe in fantasy land but the Lightning are one of the best teams in the league. They're gonna wipe the floor with this poorly coached team.

Look at the last game between the Bolts and Habs. Habs aren't that good of a team. Rangers can beat the Lightning if they stay out of the box

Reactions: mrmel29

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
So what we no know is ;
Once the high end speed talent teams;
Colorado StL Vegas Fla turn the gas on …
We fold
Okay, so just to add some context to this:

Lost in a shootout (which tells us nothing) without Panarin and Shesterkin to Vegas, lost twice to Colorado with no Shesterkin, we haven't even played St. Louis yet, and we're 1-1 vs Florida.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Do tell.

Btw, @EdJovanovski says Vector is his go-to. Eats it religiously, gives him the essential vitamins and minerals (when eaten with 8 fl oz. of skim milk) to be his best every day.
Ed looks in better shape than Laf so he can probably tolerate the side effects better.

The goings on at Kellogg bros sanitarium in Battle Creek reflected some of the typical thinking of their times that makes for tough reading today.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
5zjaa7.jpg

zlev

Dec 21, 2015

Lost in a shootout (which tells us nothing) without Panarin and Shesterkin to Vegas, lost twice to Colorado with no Shesterkin, we haven't even played St. Louis yet, and we're 1-1 vs Florida.

yep, we played right with all of those teams. they are all much better than we are right now, but we were in all of those games. went to a shootout with vegas, could've easily gone to OT last night as well as the game in colorado . the first colorado game we had an ahl goalie in net.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
yep, we played right with all of those teams. they are all much better than we are right now, but we were in all of those games. went to a shootout with vegas, could've easily gone to OT last night as well as the game in colorado . the first colorado game we had an ahl goalie in net.
Oh yeah, I left out the part about Huska making his NHL debut in net vs Colorado on the second night of a back to back.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Chytil with the maintenance day today and they move Goodrow to center the third line. I gotta say with the money they are paying him and the rumor mill telling us they want to sign strome long term (Christ) I think Goodrow is the better fit as a 3C than Chytil for this team at least.

for whatever reason fil is regressing this year. He should be coming into his own instead he looks lost out there a lot of nights. Maybe he’s frustrated with his role maybe he doesn’t like the coach not sure but the writing is on the wall.
Maintaince after 2 weeks off.... or is it from getting obliterated last night?

You would think he'd thrive in physical games... another aspect of the game that leaves you wanting more.... he's way too soft and easy to play against... it's infuriating because he has the tools do be a menace

Barron-Goodrow is a great bottom6 C group... possibly a solid middle6 if Barron hits his absolute ceiling and becomes a good 2way goal scoring center

Reactions: Wtp99

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021

Colorado embarrassment we coughed the puck at will

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Right, cause if history has taught us anything, it’s that rigid inflexibility is always the right approach.

No one posting in this thread has displayed more rigid thinking than you.

Everything is a temper tantrum wanting to fire someone for something.

GM has to go because he didn't treat Kravtsov like a god.

Coach gas to go because you have a problem with a guy coaching your team to a much better record than you ever hoped for.

Personally, I think coaching is a bit overrated but I can't criticize the coach when the team is miles ahead of expectations.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
I hear ya but nils is actually pretty heads up and scrappy out there.

he's def scrappy but gets pushed around at times - going to happen, can't escape physics. but the way the game was trending at times, esp with the runs being taken at fox, was worried about the kinda hit he'd have no chance to protect himself on.

and while he's been heads up to date, was also flashing back to the hit he took at the worlds where he turned up ice unaware of the guy coming down the wall...luckily - forget the player - but remember it was someone on the less physical side who really tried to avoid making a huge hit on him. the lomberg hit on the col dman was a very similar situation - didn't want to see that happen. and just in general that kinda game he's not really suited for yet.

Reactions: egelband

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Overreaction to a loss seems pretty typical. Okay, look- rangers jumped ahead of schedule. They started tearing down after the ott series and started a firesale. They had a lot of moving pieces. You want to know how our players will get better? Time. Laf is on a 3rd with two guys who definetely have something you want in a player, but neither can finish. They also have barely any nhl experience with great players. They dont finish partly because of that and because they dont know what works yet. Its youth issue. Panarin, mika, kreider, kakko have all been producing. Its our third people really have gripes with and I get it. As long as we have panarin, i really dont care who plays opposite him. Thats why you pay the man. He will make it work. You free up money for other lines because of it.

. Look at raymond. He is playing with larkin and killing it because he has a dynamo to pair with. Maybe you want that now? If you do, trade chytil because he is probably a winger or he will figure it out on a different team. On gauthier, I like him, but he literally has one move and while his board work has improved, his finishing is just bad. You want this team to be better? Add a consisten third liner. A 30-40 guy. Someone who knows what they are doing and I promise laf will improve.

Kakko is great. I have no qualms about him tbh. Neither does gallant. You know why? It's because hes still playing on the first line. What we want is gaudy point totals but without an access to tangible pp time, it just isnt going to happen. Thats not necessarily bad. That means they will get lowballed and you can maybe get away with a steal.

Strome is probably gone after the season(though who knows) and if so, kakko or laf must be prioritized to be put in his spot.

Overall, its less of a million holes and really only a line and a 3rd pair we have to upgrade. Im fine with that.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad