GDT: #31 – Sabres at Panthers – Tue Dec 20, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
It's frustrating as hell but being even a .500 team in shootouts gets us 2 points in the standings. Seems like it should be much more

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I think Bylsma has to seriously consider pulling Lehner for the shootout and going with a cold Anders Nilsson. I know it's basically unheard of, but there's literally no way Nilsson could be worse, even without any warm up.

I mean, Lehner can not make a single save in the shootout. It's becoming a running joke.

I think the rules say you have to make the switch during actual gameplay.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
4 minutes away from buffalo getting 2 points and Florida with 0. We would've tied Florida with a game in hand. Now we are three back and can't even catch them with our game in hand. **** my life

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
4 minutes away from buffalo getting 2 points and Florida with 0. We would've tied Florida with a game in hand. Now we are three back and can't even catch them with our game in hand. **** my life

Eichel played like crap, that goal was all him. That line shouldnt have been outthere in that situation.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

I guarantee both the Sabres and the Panthers are going to lose many more games before the season is over.

It's still too early to obsess over the standings. As long as the Sabres are within arm's reach, that's all that really matters at this stage of the game.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I guarantee both the Sabres and the Panthers are going to lose many more games before the season is over.

It's still too early to obsess over the standings. As long as the Sabres are within arm's reach, that's all that really matters at this stage of the game.

Not really but I appreciate the optimism.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014

While true, we have zero shot at a wild card this season. So these division games have extra importance...lose to the islanders in shootout? No big deal I take my point all day. But giving a division rival 2 points never helps you even if u get a point out of it.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Kulikov was bad. Bogosian was bad. Our shootout shooters in OT are bad. Lehner in shootouts is horribad.

Should have locked down those 2 points; would have been huge. I guess the 1 point is better than none that we would have gotten almost surely had Sceviour not hit the post on the wide open net to make it 3-0.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Didn't see any of the game, or read the GDT, but I'm sure it's safe to say it was Reinhart's fault, amiright?!?

No, Reinhart was great especially in that 3rd period, he's the reason the Sabres should have won this game.

Larsson and Eichel were the bad ones tonight.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Eichel's repertoire of cute little moves is quite limited and they are working less and less. He's going to have to figure it out - until then he needs to use his speed and power rather than dangles to get to the net.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
The frustrating thing is that we played what should have been a really encouraging game, coming back after being absolutely owned in the first 25 minutes or so. But as soon as it goes to a shootout, you just know it's over. Lehner has no idea what he is doing in shootouts and none of our shooters have any creativity.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The frustrating thing is that we played what should have been a really encouraging game, coming back after being absolutely owned in the first 25 minutes or so. But as soon as it goes to a shootout, you just know it's over. Lehner has no idea what he is doing in shootouts and none of our shooters have any creativity.

Then maybe they should have showed up for the first 25 minutes. Yea, losing in the SO sucks but everybody down there on the ice knows how our shootouts go. It's on them to change the outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad