GDT: #31 – Sabres at Panthers – Tue Dec 20, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Im curious to know Lehner's save % in the shootout.

They were just showing it on the Panthers broadcast -- something like 56% before this one.

Well below average.

Shouldn't be surprising, the guy can't move out there. His strength is squaring up big and having pretty good reflexes. Make him move down low or even fear that he has to and you've got the guy beat already.

He might be a starter -- I'll give it time -- but he'll never be a good one until he can move low in his crouch or down in the butterfly. He's just a big man who wants to go down hard.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
At this point the team cannot be worse off by having Nilsson come in off the bench. Does he have to play OT or could he be stretching in the hall and then come out for the shootout?

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I agree that the shootout should be pretty low as far as what is done in practice, but they do need to practice it a little bit. it's absolutely killing them in the standings because they keep giving away points.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Luckily there are no shootouts in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, not being able to get points in the shootout is going to keep this team out of the playoffs.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Look over your shoulder Robin, I'm coming for your job...

mainpic.jpg

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I think Bylsma has to seriously consider pulling Lehner for the shootout and going with a cold Anders Nilsson. I know it's basically unheard of, but there's literally no way Nilsson could be worse, even without any warm up.

I mean, Lehner can not make a single save in the shootout. It's becoming a running joke.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
At this point the team cannot be worse off by having Nilsson come in off the bench. Does he have to play OT or could he be stretching in the hall and then come out for the shootout?

Yes, Nilsson would have to play in the OT. Unless there is an injury you can't change goalies for the shootout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad