INJ​
|
6 Petrovic, 11 Huberdeau​

** Lineups always subject to change at morning and pre-game skates **

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Deslauriers and Gorges rotated in at Monday's practice, meaning they could be tonight's scratches, so we'll see if that continues into the morning skate; while Marchessault sounds probable to return for Florida.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Nice to see Marcus with the promotion....Anyone else think a line of Foligno - ROR - Kane could have potential ?

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Good on Foligno, Sam & ROR need someone that knocks people down in puck battles and he might have better luck than Carrier producing. Gionta might be a better fit than Sam, quicker burst to the net or agitating.. Still, should be able to shove Yandle, Matheson, Kindl around.

Don't really like the Moulson Jack Okposo line, Jack loses interest or Moulson gets stuck deep & Panthers have an oddman rush.

If Panthers can protect their weakness (non physical d ) and work the transition this will be ugly. Devils game ugly. Go Sabres!

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Nice to see Marcus with the promotion....Anyone else think a line of Foligno - ROR - Kane could have potential ?

Bylsma has actually thrown out Foligno-RoR-Girgensons a few times late in 3rd period. They looked really good. Not sure who they were matching up against but they were pretty dominant.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I would love to see Girgensons - Eichel - Okposo or Carrier - Eichel - Okposo. Hopefully we some mixed in.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Idiot question (possibly): What's the logic of having Moulson and Eichel on the same line? I've seen Moulson fluff a few opportunities and wondered why Eichel got lumped with him. In my mind we need to surround Eichel with the best we have as his our best chance of creating offense, am I missing something, underrating Moulson or what?

Regarding the game directly I find the Panthers impossible to predict. We've made a career of losing to them but as an organisation they are a mess (Jagr on the top line is chaos at his age, he doesn't even like doing the all star game because he needs a rest).

Last edited:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Idiot question (possibly): What's the logic of having Moulson and Eichel on the same line? I've seen Moulson fluff a few opportunities and wondered why Eichel got lumped with him. In my mind we need to surround Eichel with the best we have as his our best chance of creating offense, am I missing something, underrating Moulson or what?

Regarding the game directly I find the Panthers impossible to predict. We've made a career of losing to them but as an organisation they are a mess (Jagr on the top line is chaos at his age, he doesn't even like doing the all star game because he needs a rest).

Disco thinks the savvy vet moulson will be able to find the gaps to finish for eichel setups. Except moulson sucks, so... logic ends there.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
12-20: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (12:41)
#Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma is on WGR right now! Tune in

Bylsma - no question we are healthier. We're now just Tyler Ennis away from being a fully healthy squad. #Sabres

Bylsma - thought Jack's first 2 games after injury were great. Next few he felt the effects of not playing for a while... (cont.)

Bylsma (cont.) - ...He's started to feel a lot better since then. He's put in some tough work. Looks like he has that extra gear. #Sabres

Bylsma - we have a young group of guys that will grow up together. We look around the room and see guys learning how to win together #Sabres

Bylsma - the defensemen dictate the way the game is going to be played. That's what Ristolainen and McCabe have been doing well #Sabres

Bylsma - they both skate well and read off each other well. It starts with execution on the back end and their doing that. #Sabres

Bylsma - the goaltending has been excellent. They've both given us solid performances on a nightly basis. They've given us chances to win

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Disco thinks the savvy vet moulson will be able to find the gaps to finish for eichel setups. Except moulson sucks, so... logic ends there.
Moulson is not a bad finisher. In fact, he's second on our team in goals this year. The lines could be literally anything and someone would find a way to blame Bylsma for it.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005

Moulson had a couple really nice scoring chances last game, and he's looked much better than last year. I really don't have a problem with Moulson playing with him, however I'd really like to see Girgs move up. He's looked much better lately. I think he was on a shift with Foligno and ROR last game and those guys were all over the puck.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Moulson is not a bad finisher. In fact, he's second on our team in goals this year. The lines could be literally anything and someone would find a way to blame Bylsma for it.

He has one even strength goal all year. Like Zemgus. And Zemgus can keep up and is marginally better defensively. If you want him finishing anything Jack creates he needs to be on Jack's PP unit.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Moulson had a couple really nice scoring chances last game, and he's looked much better than last year. I really don't have a problem with Moulson playing with him, however I'd really like to see Girgs move up. He's looked much better lately. I think he was on a shift with Foligno and ROR last game and those guys were all over the puck.

Girgs could be a great checking line centre in my mind, I even go back to Jere Lehtinen (sp? also don't think he was a C, but you get my point) as an absolute high point of his potential. If Girgs could create space for Eichel then that would really be fantastic to see. Almost a Lucic type role, but without being an ******* (I'm the one guy who still hates him for the Miller hit)

My issue with Moulson is that while his had the opportunities his fluffed them. I remember Grier used to fluff chances like that. I don't think Eichel should be on a line with someone of that talent level.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
i just can't get excited about any line centered by Derek Grant.

Grant was a preseason all-star when his spot on the team wasn't secure.

Then due to the injuries is spot wasn't really in doubt. There was no pressure on him in order to keep his spot in the lineup. Now there is. I'm hoping that will wake him up and get him playing like he did in preseason. Probably more likely that was just a really hot streak, but it's worth a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad