3 Young Superstars Due for a Regression Next Year

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He's much more or a passer when playing center. He looks to pass pretty much exclusively. Which is one of the reasons he isn't as good when away for Connor, he has no one good to pass to.

If he plays 2c I expect ~30 goals + ~75 points.

Playing as a 2C with less than top notch wingers that would be a great season. Dari is a great player. How many teams in the league can roll out of a player of his caliber at 2C? Not many I imagine.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Playing as a 2C with less than top notch wingers that would be a great season. Dari is a great player. How many teams in the league can roll out of a player of his caliber at 2C? Not many I imagine.
I like to think we'll have at least one top 6 natural winger in our top 6 next year if it's through trade or from within. We can't go back with this sorry ass winger group.

If he played a full season on his own line with the type of guys he had to center this year, I wouldn't expect him to break 70.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I like to think we'll have at least one top 6 natural winger in our top 6 next year if it's through trade or from within. We can't go back with this sorry ass winger group.

If he played a full season on his own line with the type of guys he had to center this year, I wouldn't expect him to break 70.

Maybe but there’s only so much one player can do with mediocre line mates. Drai is top notch and deserves some decent wingers. I have been very impressed by his growth as a player. He’s a treat to watch.

Reactions: 780il

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I f***ing hate the Canucks but Pettersson is a special player and I'd be shocked if his point totals didn't go up next season.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia

Draisaitl, Point, and Petterson all had incredible seasons and established themselves amongst the best young players in the game...

But look at these shooting percentages, there's no way they keep shooting this efficiently. Completely unsustainable so expect their goal totals to decrease next year.

I would love to have any of them to regress on my team.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Pettersson's shooting % might regress a bit, but there's every reason to believe he's going to improve as a player. I'm expecting 200+ shots on goal and around a point per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad