2019 Stanley Cup Final 3 years ago......The Cup that was there for the taking but........

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Exactly, much like 2013, the 2019 finals was not lost in the final game.

2013 they blew Game 1 multiple times (two-goal lead in the third, Mother f***ing Kaspars Daugavins in OT), but they stole Game 2 when they got their asses kicked up and down the ice so it even outed.

The real killer in that series was Game 4, where what's his face in net couldn't catch a beach ball, but Rask was absolute dog shit and couldn't make a stop. I've never once faulted Tuukka for the end of game 6, but I've always thought Game 4 was a disaster from him that really decided the series.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
2013 they blew Game 1 multiple times (two-goal lead in the third, Mother f***ing Kaspars Daugavins in OT), but they stole Game 2 when they got their asses kicked up and down the ice so it even outed.

The real killer in that series was Game 4, where what's his face in net couldn't catch a beach ball, but Rask was absolute dog shit and couldn't make a stop. I've never once faulted Tuukka for the end of game 6, but I've always thought Game 4 was a disaster from him that really decided the series.

Rask could've been better in that game but you can also argue that the only goal that was a bad one was the 6th in OT. The first 5 goals were all on 2-1 or 2-0 breaks or 2-3 guys in front of the next hammering home rebounds. Those goals are on the lack of coverage and net front D more than anything

Goal 1: 2 on 1
Goal 2: tip from 2 unchecked Hawks in front of the net
Goal 3: makes the save, 2 unchecked Hawks in front of the net bury the rebound
Goal 4: 2 on 1 becomes 2 on 0, makes the save, 2 Hawks all alone in front of the net bury the rebound
Goal 5: makes the save, 3 Hawks in front of the net bury the rebound
Goal 6: complete softy

Reactions: BruinDust

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Rask could've been better in that game but you can also argue that the only goal that was a bad one was the 6th in OT. The first 5 goals were all on 2-1 or 2-0 breaks or 2-3 guys in front of the next hammering home rebounds. Those goals are on the lack of coverage and net front D more than anything

Goal 4: 2 on 1 becomes 2 on 0, makes the save, 2 Hawks all alone in front of the net bury the rebound

I was never more confident that the Bruins were winning the game than after Boychuks goal in the 3rd. That game was following a script we saw those Bruins pull off multiple times. Thought after that Boychuk goal we were going to skate chicago out of the building.

I know people say Chicago was the much better team but honestly very little would have had to go different for the Bruins to come out of game 4 with a 3-1 lead. That game 1 of the series was also very uncharacteristic of those Julien teams. Usually if those teams took a 2 goal lead it was curtains.

I think the teams were closer than how a lot of people here make it seem.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I was never more confident that the Bruins were winning the game than after Boychuks goal in the 3rd. That game was following a script we saw those Bruins pull off multiple times. Thought after that Boychuk goal we were going to skate chicago out of the building.

I know people say Chicago was the much better team but honestly very little would have had to go different for the Bruins to come out of game 4 with a 3-1 lead. That game 1 of the series was also very uncharacteristic of those Julien teams. Usually if those teams took a 2 goal lead it was curtains.

Krug got abused in that third period, and really all series. He was a young kid in over his head.

I'd like to visit the universe where Wade Redden doesn't get hurt and never comes out of the lineup. He had been unspectacular but steady before he got hurt.

C'est la vie.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This is pretty much how I feel too. Same….going back to too many men and friggen Kate Smith.
Agreed 100%. The officiating in 2019 Game 7 was not good, but at the end of the day, St Louis outplayed us that game. That night, the better team won. Simple as that. Their best players were better than our best players...

Last edited:
Reactions: PB37

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Oh for sure, that series is arguably the closest Cup Final in league history. The margin of error was razor thin with how close the teams were in skill and the level of hockey being played. Hell, it's why we still rehash it all the time, there's no shortage of ifs and buts in a series this close. The most lobsided game of the series was a 2-0 win. Chicago was just relentless getting pucks on net, for all the goals he allowed Rask still had a .932 sv% in the series.

Game 1: 4-3 triple overtime
Game 2: 2-1 overtime
Game 3: 2-0 game
Game 4: 6-5 overtime
Game 5: 3-1 with an empty netter
Game 6: 3-2

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

seidenberg who was so good for us totally misplayed a flipped in puck which led to the seabrook ot winner.
remember it like yesterday.
and another marchand fly by on the hawks 4th goal. ala trasenkos game 2 goal 2. guy is in lala land sometimes.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Biggest takeaways...

Watching us get tossed around like lil bitches was hard to watch...

ST. Louis played a heavy game and abused us...

We got outcoached...

Sweeney's go smaller, faster on D implodes..
Fanbase pulled a Canucks/habs fanbase that series too.

Oh for sure, that series is arguably the closest Cup Final in league history. The margin of error was razor thin with how close the teams were in skill and the level of hockey being played. Hell, it's why we still rehash it all the time, there's no shortage of ifs and buts in a series this close. The most lobsided game of the series was a 2-0 win. Chicago was just relentless getting pucks on net, for all the goals he allowed Rask still had a .932 sv% in the series.

Game 1: 4-3 triple overtime
Game 2: 2-1 overtime
Game 3: 2-0 game
Game 4: 6-5 overtime
Game 5: 3-1 with an empty netter
Game 6: 3-2
Not sure why but I never once thought the Bruins were going to win that series even going into OT up 2-1 in the series. The Blues one I thought the Bruins would win in 5.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
You should watch those two goals at the end again. Defense flat out got out worked and left Rask out to dry LMAO. Maybe if Marchand or Krug register a point in 2013 we win that cup. Maybe if Seguin, Jagr, Krejci or Horton score a goal in the 2013 SCF we win the cup....Nah, if Rask could have had better than a lousy .932sv% we win the cup :sarcasm:
There's plenty of blame to go around in the last two minutes of game 6 against the Hawks but Rask was flopping around like a fish out of water in those last two minutes

Some goalies are clutch and seem to rise to the occasion in elimination games

Rask was not one of them

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
There's plenty of blame to go around in the last two minutes of game 6 against the Hawks but Rask was flopping around like a fish out of water in those last two minutes

Some goalies are clutch and seem to rise to the occasion in elimination games

Rask was not one of them

I'm not absolving Rask from his part in this, but flopping like a fish? come on lol.

Goal 1 - Toews has the puck between the end line and the bottom of the circle. so Rask has to protect the short side post while also making sure he's in a spot to get in position for the a pass to the guy waiting for a pass 5ft to Toews right. . Meanwhile Bickell is sitting at the backdoor uncovered and waiting for a pass.

1655296637736.png

Goal 2 - Rask makes the initial save and kicks it to the corner. CHI recovers, puck to the point for a slapper which gets tipped, hits the post and Bolland with easy inside position gets a tap in.

1655297122685.png

Again not saying Rask is 100% blame free and as Cassidy would say "you need one more save" but the defense didn't do him any favors. That's why its mind boggling to me that there a group of people (not saying you) that put the blame solely on Rask for 2013 while ignoring the lack luster performance of most of our star/key players.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoccoF14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad