Speculation: 3 Weeks to Deadline - What happens?

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
hey all, Avs fan coming in peace.

I know RHD is your priority, but I don't see many available. Your AGM has been scouting the Avs pretty hard and a Byram - Mittlestadt base swap seems to make sense, especially since Byram has been getting more comfortable playing his offside this season.

I'm curious what more you'd need to include Rosen in the deal, as he seems to be a bit of the odd man out with all your talented F prospects.
Personally I’d need a decent add to Byram to give up Mitts since he’d not really the profile of the guy we need.

Reactions: Chainshot

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I know RHD is your priority, but I don't see many available. Your AGM has been scouting the Avs pretty hard and a Byram - Mittlestadt base swap seems to make sense, especially since Byram has been getting more comfortable playing his offside this season.

I'm curious what more you'd need to include Rosen in the deal, as he seems to be a bit of the odd man out with all your talented F prospects.
Byram seems quite redundant given that we have Dahlin, Power, Jokiharju and Ryan Johnson as the mobile, good-first-pass type.

If we're trading Mitts, it should be for a defenseman more along what we need.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Byram seems quite redundant given that we have Dahlin, Power, Jokiharju and Ryan Johnson as the mobile, good-first-pass type.

If we're trading Mitts, it should be for a defenseman more along what we need.
Personally I’d need a decent add to Byram to give up Mitts since he’d not really the profile of the guy we need.
I'm confused as to why Byram doesn't fit your needs?

He's a capable top 4 guy today that can play on the right-side. He's also more of an all-around defender and can also be quite physical. His style is similar to that of a less-speedy Duncan Keith

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I'm confused as to why Byram doesn't fit your needs?

He's a capable top 4 guy today that can play on the right-side. He's also more of an all-around defender and can also be quite physical. His style is similar to that of a less-speedy Duncan Keith
Byram will get little if any PP time here, which to the best of my knowledge is a decent part of his game. We need big, physical, defense first. His being left-handed, even if he can play his off-side, also is less than ideal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is

And yet there is also some swirl that the Avs are looking for secondary scoring and might be interested in Olofsson. I can see Vic for a mid-round pick more than Byram for Mittelstadt.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Byram will get little if any PP time here, which to the best of my knowledge is a decent part of his game. We need big, physical, defense first. His being left-handed, even if he can play his off-side, also is less than ideal.
Byram plays very little on the PP. He's on the Avs 2nd unit which is luck if it sees 30s/PP. He would do well with a bigger opportunity there for sure, but it has no bearing on his numbers/skillset. He is definitely more defense-first and plays physical with offensive ability.

There is

And yet there is also some swirl that the Avs are looking for secondary scoring and might be interested in Olofsson. I can see Vic for a mid-round pick more than Byram for Mittelstadt.
Avs are loaded with wingers and very little cap space. Almost 0% chance that happens

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Byram plays very little on the PP. He's on the Avs 2nd unit which is luck if it sees 30s/PP. He would do well with a bigger opportunity there for sure, but it has no bearing on his numbers/skillset. He is definitely more defense-first and plays physical with offensive ability.

Avs are loaded with wingers and very little cap space. Almost 0% chance that happens

That's fine - I didn't come up with them being interested in Vic, that came from the Athletic and the Fourth Period.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
With EJ and KO its likely GMKA will ask them if they wish to be traded and try to accommodate them, if they wish to stay he likely obliges.
My gut tells me that if ZG is moved, it's to Pitt where he already has connections. I can't see them sending him to the moon just to move up from a 5th to a 4th. It would be blasphemous.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

If Philly is insisting on a 1st round pick, I'm out. I do not want to give up a top 10 pick for Laughton. And even if you protect a 2024 1st in the top 10, it likely means they get the Sabres 2025 1st with no protection.

Given how bad the Sabres have been for so long, doing that is a bad idea, as well.

Laughton isn’t even worth a 1st from a contender. He obviously doesn’t come close to being worth ours.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

That only makes sense if you don’t think about what Buffalo needs at all. Center is not a position we have spare parts laying around, and LD is not a position we’re missing.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Gudbranson from CBJ would be nice

I'd feel good about
Sammy Dahlin
Power DeMelo/Roy
RyJo Gudbranson
Clifton
next season.

There would be a lot of money tied up in that group however which means trading Mittsy or Cozens.

Last edited:

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
My gut tells me that if ZG is moved, it's to Pitt where he already has connections. I can't see them sending him to the the moon just to move up from a 5th to a 4th. It would be blasphemous.
Unless the Sabres actually want to give Rochester players a shot in the show. Girgs gone opens up a spot. Later picks have minimal value

Reactions: Matt Ress

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
My gut tells me that if ZG is moved, it's to Pitt where he already has connections. I can't see them sending him to the moon just to move up from a 5th to a 4th. It would be blasphemous.
I’d expect Pitt to start selling, not buying. They’re sorta where we were in 11-12 (treading water in mediocrity) except they’re even older. Dubas is going to want to reshape the team and they need to start getting younger.

Reactions: Ehran and Jim Bob

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
FWIW last I read about Mitteslstadt, Adams hasn't even talked to his agent.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

This is unlikely to be a deadline move, but since Adams is listening...

I don't want to deplete our center depth, but Andersson is definitely the kind of player that makes you consider it. Relatively young top pairing RHD with a little term? Yes please.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I’ll predict we add Brandon Duhaime and then someone else. And I bet olofsson goes for nothing. EJ goes for some middle draft pick.

Okposo and Girgs star

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I’ll predict we add Brandon Duhaime and then someone else. And I bet olofsson goes for nothing. EJ goes for some middle draft pick.

Okposo and Girgs star
I don't see why a team would even give up "nothing" for Olofsson at this point. Injured, scratched, not playing well when he does draw into the lineup, and very expensive. He'll still be with us on June 30th.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
FWIW last I read about Mitteslstadt, Adams hasn't even talked to his agent.
This just shows how extremely lazy our GM is. You need to nurture relationship with both agents and players.
If your boss ignores you for a year I don't see any reason to be loyal with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad