Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
My hunch on how things played out.

Ottawa wants Duchene but refuses to give up Chabot who the Avs are likely demanding(Rightfully so I think). So they go to Nashville and try to get a Dman out of Nashville that they can in turn flip to the Avs. Nashville wanting a Center asks for Turris and they start negotiating a Turris/Ekholm trade, with Ottawa intending to flip Ekholm to the Avs for Duchene right after.

Nashville finds out that this is what Ottawa wants to do with Ekholm and they shut down talks, because they dont want Ekholm ending up on a divisional rival that they have to play 6-7 times a year, and(Apparently) compete for a playoff spot with potentially this year and going forward in following years.

This is why Nashville/Colorado haven't just been talking with each other about a trade involving just Ekholm and Duchene.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Dreger still on the Ekholm thing? If he wasn't available in the summer before we knew that Ellis was going to be out until the new year at minimum, he sure as hell wasn't going to be involved now.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dreger still on the Ekholm thing? If he wsdasn't available in the summer before we knew that Ellis was going to be out until the new year at minimum, he sure as hell wasn't going to be involved now.

I know you want to think you know more then these insiders but lets be real here. All 3 of them are suggesting something here was really close and not just talking the usual nonsense.

This was legit.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I know you want to think you know more then these insiders but lets be real here. All 3 of them are suggesting something here was really close and not just talking the usual nonsense.

This was legit.

I didn't say it wasn't legit. I was merely talking about Dreger guessing that Ekholm might have been involved.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
What about...

To Nashville:
Turris (with permission to extend)

To Colorado:
Girard
Ceci
NAS Mid Level Pick

To Ottawa:
Duchene

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
What does trading Turris for Duchene do for the Sens exactly?
Turris, according to leaks, isn't asking for crazy money. The issue is term. Ottawa doesn't want to commit to Turris for 6+ years because it makes things complicated. Ottawa really likes their other centers almost as much as Turris, Brassard and Pageau (Ottawa locals who hits it out of the park with their internal metrics) .Also, there is financials to think about, Karlsson and Stone aren't going to be cheap.

Taking that all into consideration, Ottawa has a few options:

1. Trade Turris for futures while trying to convince Karlsson to re-sign. (not ideal)
2. Lose Turris for nothing and run with a rookies next season. (Bad asset management)
3. Re-sign Turris and lose Brassard for nothing and hopefully the rookies will be read after next seasony. (Probably their best option, IMO)
4. Re-sign Turris and trade Brassard while trying to convince Karlsson to re-sign. (Also not ideal)
5. Some other option.

Ottawa is going for option #5. Getting Duchene gives Ottawa an extra year to let their young players develop and gives them extra options in the offseason. If Karlsson bolts they re-sign both. If he re-signs, they re-sign their preferred player and hope the rookies are ready.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
What about...

To Nashville:
Turris (with permission to extend)

To Colorado:
Girard
Ceci
NAS Mid Level Pick

To Ottawa:
Duchene

Very bad for OTT.

One interesting piece of info, Ben Harpur was recalled from Belleville today despite everybody being healthy, and the Sens already have 7D up in the NHL. Ottawa also only has 1 road game in the next two weeks, so it wasn't in preparation for a road trip.

Maybe things were close, and the Sens were sending one of their 7 NHL D to either COL or NSH in the deal? (most likely Claesson or Wideman)

Reactions: Icelevel

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Why include Ottawa in the deal? Just deal Duchene directly to the Preds.
Assuming I'm Poile there might be a few reasons I do this:

1. I like Turris more than Duchene (unlikely but possible)
2. Ottawa is offering an extra piece to Turris over Duchene because Ottawa likes Duchene more (possible)
3. I like that Turris is cheaper this season (possible since Nashville has a budget)
4. I know Turris contract demands and he's willign to sign in Nashville meaning I can negotiate an extension immediately so i don't lose Ekholm for a rental, also mitigates the risk of Duchene having crazy contract demands or refusing to re-sign (most likely)

Reactions: Uncle Gary

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Does this forum not load properly when there's embedded tweets? I just see endless scrolling of blank pages.

I hate the migration so much. This system is SO BUGGY.
You can't use chrome anymore if you wanna be on HF
Wow, that seems like it would have been extraordinarily bad for Colorado. They primarily would receive some draft picks?
Ehh depends on how much picks they'd get. Maybe a 1st from Ottawa, and Fabbro + 1st from NSH? (Prob high end on return spectrum) I'd easily do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad