Dreger: 3 Way trade between Ott/Col/Nash involving Duchene has fallen through

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
OTT GIVES UP: Turris+Claesson+2nd
OTT ACQUIRES: Matt Duchene (or commonly known in trade threads as Matt 'Duchesne')

COL GIVES UP: Duchene
COL ACQUIRES: Claesson+OTT 2019 2nd+(Turris' value in futures) which=inflated Duchene ask

NSH GIVES UP: (Turris' value in futures)
NSH ACQUIRES: Kyle Turris

That's what I envision being the premise of the trade. Everybody wins. NSH gets their second centre they are after by giving up a package similar to what they've offered up for Duchene WITHOUT having to up their package to meet Sakic's insane price. Sakic gets his insane price met because OTT adds on top of NSH, and Ottawa who presumably think Duchene makes them a contender get Duchene as an upgrade on Turris.....

Nah.

The reason for Nashville to be involved would be to provide the D the Avs want and that the Sens don't have aside from Chabot.
So probably Girard...

So Claesson makes no sense.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah that is bad...
No thank you.

Nashville giving us Girard with Ottawa throwing in futures was probably our best bet for a good deal at this point.

Sakic should have gotten this one done.

No excuse not to...

I hope the moron wakes up and this is somewhat salvageable still.
With the season underway and getting to see some guys play for us this year what is the Avs wants from the CBJ right now? Milano has 5 goals, Murray has been the most consistant D by far on the team, Carlson sadly was hurt and now is about to come back but Torts says until Nuti plays bad enough to lose that spot it's his for now because how well Nuti is playing. There's something REALLY weird going on with Dubi right now and Sedlak is out another month and Wennberg is starting slooooooooow. Figured I'd just ask in here no reason for 30 more seperate Duchene threads.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Man, Sakic really wants to just let Duchene walk for free in 2 seasons?

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Just because talks have stopped doesn't mean the deal is dead. Teams have constantly circled back to us for him, I wouldn't be surprised to see an Ottawa deal to happen within the next month.

Feels like its the third time Dorion has "circled back" to Sakic. At what point does he just say screw that moron.

But who knows

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

I can't see Nashville trading Ekholm, but it seems unlikely that Colorado would be involved in this type of a big three-way trade with Duchene-Turris involved unless they have something in return that is extremely marketable to their fans.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
To OTT: Duchene
To NSH: Turris
To COL: Ellis

If I'm Nashville, I skip Ottawa all together and do Ellis for Duchene.....not Ekholm. Ekholm is so good

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

If I'm Nashville, I skip Ottawa all together and do Ellis for Duchene.....not Ekholm. Ekholm is so good

I would assume the Avs have 0 interest in Ellis...

So no it does not really make sense...

@mikey:

I have no idea.

But start with upgrading that 2nd to a 1st atleast. And I guess Nutti is not the one the Avs would want out of Murray, Carlsson and him...

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

I don't see Colorado acquiring Ellis since he is still injured and is a RHD (already have Erik Johnson, Tyson Barrie, and a slew of RHD prospects on the way). Also, Ellis only has the same remaining term as Duchene.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Turris +White is too much for Duchene imo

Depends on what Turris can fetch..

For the Avs in a straight up deal, it would be an easy no IMO...
We don't have any use for 9 months of Kyle Turris.

I would guess that Brisson was the one who leaked this for whatever reason.

Probably to pressure Sakic to finally get a freaking deal done...

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
with the amount of teams scouting the Sens, maybe this deal was close and fell through and now a different 3rd team is willing to step up?

Hence why his next tweet mentions Sens talk is heating up. 22 scouts at last game, Dorion watching Vegas/NYI

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Literally in the tweet it says "Talks have ended. No deal."

That would mean talks heated up and have since gone dead cold - as has happened every time someone has approached Sakic.

Reactions: Foppberg

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Posted this in the Avs forum but have to think that Poile nixed this if Ekholm was involved. Gut says Ott would need a small + to NSH and COL a smaller + to NSH.

For those saying Ellis, that's not possible as he's injured and you can't trade an injured player. Interesting to see Ekholms name involved and pretty much ideal return for Avs.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Depends on what Turris can fetch..

For the Avs in a straight up deal, it would be an easy no IMO...
We don't have any use for 9 months of Kyle Turris.

I would guess that Brisson was the one who leaked this for whatever reason.

Probably to pressure Sakic to finally get a freaking deal done...

I don't think Brisson would have leaked this because Dorion and Poile can't talk to him. But I think you're on the right track. Even previously when Garrioch was reporting about how aggressive Dorion was to go after Duchene, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was Dorion leaking that to Garrioch to try and communicate to Duchene's people that there was in fact a fair trade out there in order to put more external pressure on Sakic.

This entire thing is ridiculous at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad