Pre-Game Talk: (3) Washington Capitals VS (6) New York Rangers (Schedule in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

I tend to be really positive, but I don't like our chances here... at all

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hopefully Staal is going to be back.

Staal--Girardi--McDonagh--Del Zotto--Stralman--Moore--is a better 6 than we had last year. We also have a healthy Eminger with Hamrlik, Gilroy and Bickel in the weeds. We're deeper in this area and there's no reason why we should be overplaying anybody like last year.

My concerns are more about the forwards--maybe not enough size and grit and maybe not enough guys we can count on to pk. Spreading out the scoring between three lines which we've done since the trade deadline will be a key and I'd feel better if Clowe was good to go. The more we stay out of the penalty box the better our chances. If we can keep Ovechkin from doing much damage the rest of their offense is not that great--especially even strength.

We can win this.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
I'd rather lose the bet and have the avatar for 12 months.

I just don't believe in this team, I wish I did. Hope they prove me wrong. I just think Washington is a far superior team.

I think you either don't know what superior means, are a Devils fan or are just trying to be a smart ass. Maybe its all 3. In any case, if we stay out of the box and our PK improves we will beat them.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Going to be a tough one, especially since Ovechkin has returned to form.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
I'm so sick of seeing the Craps in the playoffs. It honestly makes me not want to watch.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Wait, how is this official?

Anyhow, Capitals in 6.

Nash will be a no show. Richards will still be our best forward in the post season.

Richards has a habit of picking up his play down the stretch for us. 6 goals 10 assists 16 points in 14 games with us in April heading into the post season. Coincidence? He'll be the x-factor. Not Nash.

Are you a fan of the New York Rangers?

If so...pathetic.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think Nash is going to be a big, big performer in this series. First playoff series on the big stage, and he's got a lot to prove and he's obviously got the talent to prove it.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I really hope that the people in the thread on the Caps board are joking around, because the homer is strong in them.

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
They are not. Finished with 1 point more than Rangers despite playing in a much weaker division.

If we are healthy they are not, but unfortunately we will have to wait and see if thats the case for game 1. Boyle, Dorsett, Staal, Clowe...I mean those are some serious bodies and experience that will need to be replaced (although i would be shocked if Dorsett isn't ready for game 1)

ChipAyten

NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
Dec 19, 2008
Lawn Guyland
6th seed sounds a lot better than 7th or 8th. Not particularly scared of Washington. They have quite a lot of holes, they only ended the season on a hot streak. I'm just tired of playing them every year.

High And Wide*

The worst rivalry in sports.

Rangers in 6 IMO.
It can easily go to 7 though, and if it does then it's up in the air.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
6th seed sounds a lot better than 7th or 8th. Not particularly scared of Washington. They have quite a lot of holes, they only ended the season on a hot streak. I'm just tired of playing them every year.

It adds to our rivalry. That said, I like the fact that we beat them last year. Got the monkey off our back, proved to themselves they can beat the Capitals. That's one positive going into it.

That said, Ovechkin is back to being... Ovechkin. He is going to be an absolute game breaker, and as good as McDonagh is, I'd be a lot more comfortable with Staal in the line up. He is going to give our team fits.

Green is back in old form. Backstrom and Ribiero have been solid for the better part of the season. Holtby, he isn't a great goaltender, but he had a strong season for the Capitals.

In net, I'll go with Lundqvist ten times out of ten. But in series past we haven't been able to truly test Capitals goaltenders. Whether it was Holtby or Neuvirth or Varlamov. We just don't test them. And while I think we have better defense, I don't think it's enough to make up for the significant edge the Capitals have in game breaking goal scorers.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Wow...lot of sad, pathetic sounding fans in this thread. Just think about how weak and soft you're looking to the fans of the opponent who lurk here.

Pathetic. We can beat any team on any given night. Especially Washington. I am not worried at all.

Have some ****ing confidence and faith in your team.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I really hope that the people in the thread on the Caps board are joking around, because the homer is strong in them.

Some are confident, just as we are.

Others....well, you can tell who they are when their fellow fans start calling them arrogant.

Kershaw

They are not. Finished with 1 point more than Rangers despite playing in a much weaker division.

Best PP in the NHL.

Top 5 offense

Ovechkin is currently the best healthy player in the world.

Backstrom is a top 10 center.

Brouwer has 2nd most goals after Ovie the past month IIRC.

Riberiro is a PPG elite playmaking center

Erskine crease clearing D-man.

Much better depth: Erat, Laich, Johansson, etc.

Their defense is far better than ours without Staal. Green, Carlson, Alzner > McDonagh, Girardi, Del Zotto.

Holtby has .930+ sv percetange past 2 months.

25-10-2 their last 37

It'll be a series only because of Lundqvist, otherwise they'd probably sweep us.

They were only mediocre early the year because Oates new coach and he implemented the same system the Devils had. The same system last year that ousted our team in the playoffs. The same system that wore out all our players. Same system that got Torts heavily outcoached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad