Post-Game Talk: 3 Stoppable Goals, Leafs Lose 5-3 to the Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I was at the game tonight, my bad. I can't remember the last time I've gone and they've won.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I was at the game tonight, my bad. I can't remember the last time I've gone and they've won.

Neither our head coach nor our goalie were apologetic at all. Why should you be?

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Orr needs to fight a few of his team mates.....he cares...several do not!

I'm not questioning his commitment, he's simply not the better option for that position. I'd rather take the better talent. Besides any of the better options (talent wise) haven't really given much concern regarding their work ethic. Is anyone concerned that Bodie or Ashton or even Broll haven't or won't show solid work ethic if given Orr's position? I'm not.

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
I cannot for the life of me know why Carlyle continues to insist on dump and chase when the team can barely maintain a forecheck of any kind, much less the type needed to actually make dump and chase a useful strategy. This is what happens when goaltending fails to bail the team out.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I'm not questioning his commitment, he's simply not the better option for that position. I'd rather take the better talent. Besides any of the better options (talent wise) haven't really given much concern regarding their work ethic. Is anyone concerned that Bodie or Ashton or even Broll haven't or won't show solid work ethic if given Orr's position? I'm not.

Yea this is probably the only questionable choices I'd say carlyle has made.

There is no reason that(when clarkson is back) the 4th line isn't at least D'amigo-Mcclement-Bodie

at worst Orr should be in Bodie's place, but I think Bodie brings more to the table.

I'd like Broll or Leivo but I can understand not calling them up as they'll get more development/bigger role on the marlies.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Just want to point out that Phaneuf was the only leaf who was -3 tonight.
1st goal: Covers his man, boxes him out. Bernier get beat clean by the wrister from the blueline.
2nd goal: Tipped the puck, from well out by the blueline. Shot went under Bernier's arm.
3rd goal: Empty netter.

Phaneuf has been nothing but spectacular this season. If we had 3 more Phaneufs on this team we would be elite.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Someone's gotta be.

Ratboy for team captain. The beacon of accountability in Leaf land.

When is the closed door meeting going to happen? From my knowledge it didn't happen during that last ugly slide before the Winter Classic.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
1st goal: Covers his man, boxes him out. Bernier get beat clean by the wrister from the blueline.
2nd goal: Tipped the puck, from well out by the blueline. Shot went under Bernier's arm.

Phaneuf has been nothing but spectacular this season. If we had 3 more Phaneufs on this team we would be elite.
Pretty much this. It'd be nice if he didn't tip the puck on the second goal he was on the ice for but Bernier's gotta have that. It hit Phaneuf's stick at the blueline.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Ratboy for team captain. The beacon of accountability in Leaf land.

When is the closed door meeting going to happen? From my knowledge it didn't happen during that last ugly slide before the Winter Classic.

Closed door meeting ain't gonna do sht.

Who on this team can respectfully stand up and tell em to get their sht together?

We have no one here that has done sht in their career , anyone help lead a team to the SCF let alone win it? Anyone here ever won any hardware?

Does anyone on this team command or earned any respect from their peers?

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Closed door meeting ain't gonna do sht.

Who on this team can respectfully stand up and tell em to get their sht together?

We have no one here that has done sht in their career , anyone help lead a team to the SCF let alone win it? Anyone here ever won any hardware?

Does anyone on this team command or earned any respect from their peers?

Well the only guy that literally did was you just asked is sidelined for an unforseeable time.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Well the only guy that literally did was you just asked is sidelined for an unforseeable time.

Exactly and it's not like he can walk in there with his cast on and try that after being on the roster for what? 15 games played?

Maybe Clarkson and his well earned 5m+ contract will command respect.?

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Exactly and it's not like he can walk in there with his cast on and try that after being on the roster for what? 15 games played?

Well I'd like to think Nonis brought Bolland in for veteran leadership but I guess it does diminish it a bit when hes only played for a month.

Penalty Kill Icing*

were the raptors pretty bad tonight or what? some ugly stat lines.

I don't follow much basketball but they faced a top echelon team tonight.

And at least they had a 5 game winning streak before that. When was the last time Leafs had one? :laugh:

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I don't follow much basketball but they faced a top echelon team tonight.

And at least they had a 5 game winning streak before that. When was the last time Leafs had one? :laugh:

we had a 3 game win streak 5 game point streak before this two game loss, but overall we have yet to actually look good in even the wins.(maybe Carolina and the last NYI win we looked decent, thats about it)

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013

But.. -3!! PHANEUF!! -3!!
:sarcasm:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Well I'd like to think Nonis brought Bolland in for veteran leadership but I guess it does diminish it a bit when hes only played for a month.

Been playing for 40+ years and have coached and GMs teams.

Good leadership, real leadership is done by example not words, most of the time.

Among our top paid, top TOIs , who is physically sacrificing out there for their team mates, who is bleeding for them , going into the hard areas, dirty areas, hell is there more then 1 or 2 players even playing what they call "heavy hockey"?

Who is earning respect?

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
Been playing for 40+ years and have coached and GMs teams.

Good leadership, real leadership is done by example not words, most of the time.

Among our top paid, top TOIs , who is physically sacrificing out there for their team mates, who is bleeding for them , going into the hard areas, dirty areas, hell is there more then 1 or 2 players even playing what they call "heavy hockey"?

Who is earning respect?

Leo Komorov was your "heavy hockey" and inspired his line accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad