Post-Game Talk: 3 Stoppable Goals, Leafs Lose 5-3 to the Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Reimer in Thursday, great hope he doesn't get lit up after the gong show unfolding

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Players not responding. The system is the exact opposite of the strengths of this team.

Carlyle is a good coach, I don't understand why he is being so stupid.

Starting to get on the fire carlyle bandwagon.

My thoughts as well.

Want to play like the Boston Bruins? Cool. Me too. That's not this team.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
If somebody had suggested that we need an organization transplant, some monumental change that will alter everything, rewrite history and stop time, that I would have gone with. But Bozak is hardly the key problem this year--he's looked pretty damned good when he has been in there. Our shortcomings go much, much deeper than that.

See that's the big problem.

Looking thru a key hole most of these guys look like they are not part of the problem.

We have only 4 regulation wins in the last 30 games. You take away the gimmick 4/4 ot and shoot outs, ummm WOW!.

There is a lot wrong here.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
My thoughts as well.

Want to play like the Boston Bruins? Cool. Me too. That's not this team.

This is a player issue not a coaching one.

This is very much the same roster as the 18 wheeler and Ron Wilson cliff.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
This is a player issue not a coaching one.

This is very much the same roster as the 18 wheeler and Ron Wilson cliff.

This is a player issue in the sense that the players assembled to play on this team aren't very good, but Carlyle's not helping either, and coaches are easier to fire than players are to trade.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
were going to see what this team is really made of now that they are close to losing their playoff spot.

Some positives tonight- Gleason- Thought he played a really solid quiet game just what we need

Negatives- Bernier - It kills me to say it because im a huge fan, I think he's just so calm that sometimes it bites him in the ass. The part that upset me the most is you can see what this team can do (the shift Lupul scored, they had constant pressure and moved the puck well) but 90% of the time they just push the puck into the zone and lose it.

Time for the boys to **** or get off the pot

SenatorArmy*

They've just had a lot of trouble McLaren the defensive zone

Penalty Kill Icing*

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 38s
Carlyle on choice to start Bernier: "This was not an easy decision and it obviously wasn't one that worked out in our favour."

Sounds more like disappointed than apologetic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad